June - New starters!

Oh dear :-( another year down soon! I know the feeling though and it's terrible. I had a wobble last month and considered packing it all in!
At least you had a nice birthday and are willing to jump back on the wagon, unlike me who, upon re-weighing this morning to see that I sts as last week, promptly ate a fish butty, batter and all! I'm useless at this willpower thing lol. Nice long walk tomoro to work it off!
Hope you got on at the canteen, ours have really weird opening hours at the moment and I never catch them! X

Well i have had a bit of an iffy week too. I totally failed to plan my meals and this was where i went wrong. also the fact i was sooo skint and had to try to feed us on minimal resources! This week i have done my shopping online so i am not tempted to buy things i really don't need. I have got loads of frozen veg too that is quick and easy to throw in a meal.

I have been weighing myself outside which is totally embarrassing, but as i live in a wobbly old cottage the floors everywhere give different readings no matter how hard i try to get the scales in the same place. i read to try putting the scales on a tray and leaving them in one place, so i have made a spot in my bathroom on a tray and they seem about right there. I am not going to move them so that i get an accurate reading every week (and i save myself the red face outside!) Anyway this week i maintained. I am happy enough with that as at least its not a gain and i knew i had been half hearted with my diet all week. I even had pizza (shop bought) last night as i was that fed up and tired after a long week at work!

Anyway girls here is to a new week, shall we set a challenge?

I want to lose 2lbs this week and i want to fit in 3 x 30min+ brisk walks.

Good luck all!

Hey littlestars
Glad im not alone!
Id love to lose 2lbs this week, but ill aim for 1 as my losses are slow, esp as im chipping down the 10s.
You sound nice n organised on the meal front, I have a couple of hours to myself this morn so might very well plan my meals and/or batch cook.
girls night in tonight, thinking about driving to avoid booze?!
Re scales, its a minefield! My house is a bit higgledy piggledy (?) too, I WI at my mums, I gather some people use scales at gyms/boots. Hope the tray trick stays consistent!
X

This week has been horrible diet wise, really failed. But there's some positives I definitely have changed some habits now without even thinking.
But I'm back on placement and there's not really anywhere for food so I'm spending the morning planning planning planning. I'm at my gp on Thursday to see if I can get a referral to sw on Nhs

July challenge : anyone wanting to join in let me know your stats for the loss and 1 extra thing you hope to achieve in the month.
Mine is a full month with no "days off" no cheat days, and trusting plan not living off salad getting bored so I have a cheat weekend.

I am going to join if I may. I coughed this morning and my stomach wobbled. Enough is enough!:D

Hey Willfitskinnyjeans. This will be my first full month and i'm already getting bored of salads for lunch at work so I'm going to try to find inspiration for quick & easy lunches so i dont cheat in the afternoon (i've already found out this is going to be a problem!)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

July challenge : anyone wanting to join in let me know your stats for the loss and 1 extra thing you hope to achieve in the month. Mine is a full month with no "days off" no cheat days, and trusting plan not living off salad getting bored so I have a cheat weekend.

Was it 1lb a week for the challenge? I've a terrible memory lol x

July challenge : anyone wanting to join in let me know your stats for the loss and 1 extra thing you hope to achieve in the month.
Mine is a full month with no "days off" no cheat days, and trusting plan not living off salad getting bored so I have a cheat weekend.

I'd like to lose 4lbs taking me from 10st13lb to 10st9lb and inching closer to target!
My NSV is to fasten/feel good in a certain dress for my birthday. It's too tight right now but I have a feeling these last few lbs will make all the difference..

I'd like to lose 4lbs taking me from 10st13lb to 10st9lb and inching closer to target!
My NSV is to fasten/feel good in a certain dress for my birthday. It's too tight right now but I have a feeling these last few lbs will make all the difference..

When's your birthday?

I can only
Imagine being that close to goal, how much have you lost?

Oops posted on wrong thread

Last edited:
My birthday is 7th August! It's my other halfs at the end of this month but its too close to make a target of.

I didn't start with that much to lose but as soon as I get into 10s it's always been difficult chipping down. I started at 12st2lb! How far off target are you?

A marathon away. I started last year at 15st lost some put some on messed about I've never got back to 15st but got close. I'm down to 14st 2 but need to take this more seriously now hence last few weeks.
My target is beyond thinking about but for now 11st once I'm in 13'a it won't seem quite so far as it does still in the 14's.
I'm on placement now for next 8 weeks mostly odd Uni days so I have a real good chance to start nailing this down

You'll get there! If you can knuckle down and really stick at it you'll fly down those first couple of stone brackets.
It's so hard sometimes though. Sw is the easiest and most effective diet I've ever followed and yet I still find myself off the wagon so often.
It annoys me that I still crave, and occasionally give in to, junk food, sugar and booze! X

You'll get there! If you can knuckle down and really stick at it you'll fly down those first couple of stone brackets.
It's so hard sometimes though. Sw is the easiest and most effective diet I've ever followed and yet I still find myself off the wagon so often.
It annoys me that I still crave, and occasionally give in to, junk food, sugar and booze! X

Self sabotage :(

Just thinking those times can't be as good as the days I don't have to have the photo taken 20 times while I try make the picture make me look less fat lol

Just thinking those times can't be as good as the days I don't have to have the photo taken 20 times while I try make the picture make me look less fat lol

Too true! Being slim feels so good. I loved walking to my wardrobe and being able to pick what I wanted, not what could fasten or what didn't dig in or look dreadful. Can't wait for that day again. Just need to get my act together and try to speed my losses up a bit xx

Back