June's Exercise Challenge!

I did my 2 hours last night, 1 of karate and 1 of kickboxing. My muscles were still a little achey from the gradings on saturday and didn't think I was going to last but I did. Night off tonnight as always. I never do anything on a Tuesday night

Did an hour on weights, treadmill, Xtrainer and bike at gym then an hour in the pool
May not be able to get up tomorrow though x

Back from my 2nd run this week, 27 mins running, 15 walking

Then came back with cherries and a very virtuous salad! LOL :)

wow, well done ladies! I just realised everyone is working out like crazy! Taz I don't know how you have the energy girlie, well done!

Sophs, I didn't realise they did a class like that, sounds like fun, but hard work!!

Tenbars well done! again, I don't know how you have the energy for 2 hours! LOL :) I am knackered after 1!!

It's really not that much Steph, one of the girls I train with does 10 hours per week. That is what I would like to do but I think Mr Taz would have a fit if I committed to any more hours! It's a 12 mile round trip to the academy so he regularly throws his toys out the pram at how much fuel I use going there 3-4 times a week. When I get my car back on the road he won't be able to moan about it though!

10 hours? Good lord you all are in good shape! LOL I would love to be that fit!

x

Last night I did another 50 lengths at the pool, but kept getting cramp in my toes...was a bit painful :cry:

Just back from taking son to school, I really went for walking fast on the way home and now I am all sweaty :eek:

Smack my bum ,,,,ive done sod all... but that is because im decorating my living room and my x-trainer is in the kitchen with stuff all over it.

Ruthy xxx

Ruthy, decorating IS exercise! you will feel it the next day that's for sure so don't sweat it!

I went out jogging with my sister last night and as it was her first time we took it easy and only did a short route - i was champing at the bit to do more! It's great to feel like i'm improving, especially as my shins have stopped hurting when i run!

I'm getting there, slowly but surely!

Jenny if your shins hurt regularly, make sure you have the right shoes. I used to suffer and went to runners need near Liverpool street for gait testing (free) and got fitted for the best running shoes I have ever had and no more shin splints :)

x

Last edited:
Ran for 33 mins yesterday, and went for a walk for 45 mins later as well

x

Hi
Not done any exercise this week even though I pledged to. Have been in a right mood with myself - don't know why??
Tomorrow I have an appointment at the 'Curves' gym to see about joining - I really need to tone up my tum, bum and thighs.
If you buy a splenda product and keep the packaging and receipt you can either have £30 off the joining fee or one months free membership - which I am hoping is still available I want to see results before I sign up, one lady at SW class has lost quite a few inches but only a small amount of weight as I am am getting close to target I feel this is the way forward for me.
Irene

Last edited:
Hi Irene

Why wait until tomorrow? Why not get out today for a 10-15 min walk? Funny thing is, if you are tired you don't want to do it, but if you just get out and do it you feel much better afterwards (if not physically then definitely mentally) :)

That's great news on curves. A friend of mine went and it really did good for her when she went LOL

xx

Hi Steph
You are so right - woke up this morning with a terrible headache and feel 'really out of sorts' think because it was 9.15 and I am usually up at least 2 before this but slept through.
I am going to do as I am 'told':eek: and going out for a walk now.
Thanks Irene

Thanks Steph:)
I decided to 'get on my bike' and cycled for 30 mins (delivering my Avon brochures).
Feel better now - hubby is doing a BBQ so I am going to get some ironing done in the garden while it cooks.:eek:
Tried to give you a rep to say thank you but it wouldn't let me? So a big thank you.:D
Can I alter my exercise challenge to walk/cycle 30 mins 3/4 times a week - if I do the DVD as well its a bonus but I am one for execise outdoors.
Irene

Jenny if your shins hurt regularly, make sure you have the right shoes. I used to suffer and went to runners need near Liverpool street for gait testing (free) and got fitted for the best running shoes I have ever had and no more shin splints :)

x

I got my last pair fitted, any only just started using them regularly. I think the pain was just because the exercise was a shock to my body - it doesn't hurt anymore so should be ok.

I decided to 'get on my bike' and cycled for 30 mins (delivering my Avon brochures).
Feel better now -
Can I alter my exercise challenge to walk/cycle 30 mins 3/4 times a week - if I do the DVD as well its a bonus but I am one for execise outdoors.
Irene

Wow, well done honey, that's fab!!! I will change your workout schedule as well!

xx
Steph

Back