"Just" 1 stone

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Morning all,

I'll try and keep the post short :) and hope you lovely people can help

Im an 'old' sw'er and was very successful during my pregnancy and losing my baby weight which was fantastic! Expect I stopped at the gained baby weight and didn't get past the extra pre-baby weight (1 stone)

During the past two years I've tried to lose the stone with WW. I lose but then gain, so I've not been very successful.

I know I can lose on WW but I don't want to follow the plan as I'm not able to maintain. I miss SW, I know it works but will it work for "just" 1 stone?

Typing it sounds a silly question, its just you see so many success stories of people losing large number of stones which is wonderful (I'm proud to be one of them :D) but I haven't seen many small loss stories.

I know it will be harder to lose as I'm only looking to go from 11st to 10st. It would be lovely to lose the stone and be comfortably away from the 11 stone point.

Thank you and sorry for the silly question x

It's not a silly question, I 'only' had 16lbs to lose to get to my target weight, I did it with SW & I've sort of been maintaining now for over 3 years, the only time I go over target is when I've been on holiday but I get back in target.

So yes it is possible to lose just a 'stone' on SW.

I don't think its a silly question. At the end of the day its relative and even those who have the most to lose eventually get to that last stone. There is no reason at all why it won't work!

Hi I started slimming world 4 weeks ago at 10st 7 looking to shift my post baby weight (no excuse any more as baby is 3yrs this month lol!) I am following extra easy and have been using up my 15 syns everyday pretty much as I want the plan to be sustainable. My losses have been as follows:
WEEK 1: -2lbs
WEEK 2: -2lbs
WEEK 3: - maintained (time of month?)
WEEK 4: -2lbs

I'm finding the plan fantastic and considering I use all my syns and don't have much to lose ideally another half stone I think the it shows how great the plan is

I don't think it's a silly question either. That's the great thing about SW in my opinion, it works no matter much much or how little you have to lose. So come on, come join the dark side again :D

I aimed to and lost 'only' half a stone the first time I did SW. I'm now a few years older and have a pill change to blame for having been a weight where I wanted to lose 'only' a stone. This is still 10% though. My experience from the first time and more recently is that red/green alternating is much better for me. I think EE is a bit dangerous when your intended weight loss is smaller as the larger number of calories you can easily eat on EE without trying very hard could affect the weight loss speed. EE is easier, but at lower weights I think it is harder to lose and maintain.

I expect others will say EE is easy though! There are a couple of threads for people looking to lose smaller amounts of weight, so maybe have a look? The groups are in the 8-10 stone range I think.

Thank you everyone!

I do love SW. When I was pregnant I finally learnt how to be healthy and the lessons learnt has stayed with me and already been passed onto my girls!

You guys have given me hope that SW can work for small losses!

Right I'm back with SW from tomorrow! I've already prepared potato and Leek soup for tomorrow so that's lunch sorted now to plan my breakfast/dinners

Thank you everyone xx

Back