Just a bit of advice...

sonban

Addicted to Minimins
Hiya,

I am starting SW on thursday, I am nervous about going I suppose its because its something new but I am excited at the same time.

I have done so many diets in the past and failed at them all. But the advice I need really is when ever I have had a bad day in past diets I have just gone down hill from there.

Do you have any advice to keep me on track on those bad days as I really want it to work this time.

We all get nervous walking into the room for the first time, especially if by yourself....once you get in you will be fine.

Just remember everyone will be in the same boat as you.....all want to lose weight.
Well my way of keeping on track is to avoid the kitchen...lol. I also come on here to chat or go in the arcade to take my mind off of food....!

Good luck and dont forget to keep us posted on your progress.

Hiya,

I am starting SW on thursday, I am nervous about going I suppose its because its something new but I am excited at the same time.

I have done so many diets in the past and failed at them all. But the advice I need really is when ever I have had a bad day in past diets I have just gone down hill from there.

Do you have any advice to keep me on track on those bad days as I really want it to work this time.

Good luck on your diet journey, If i think a snack attack is comming on i head to the bathroom for a shower, paint my nails, eating with wet nails is hard :D ring a friend for a chat or clean something, my house has many days of being sparkly clean, but it helps. hope this helps a little.

Hi there

Good luck with your first week. If I feel a snack attack coming on I generally just go with it, so long as its within my points lol I have a good stock of low point goodies for that very reason. Sort of a comfort blanket :)

It might not be the snack you crave but with doing SW at least you know you can have something to eat.

Good luck again for this week, look forward to seeing how you get on :)

hello

I had my first meeting last Tuesday. I can't tell you how close I was to turning and running away when I got to the door. Everyone was really really nice, and made me feel very welcome. I didn't even look at how heavy I was - they'll just tell me how I've changed every week, to start with at least.

With regard to will power; I am on call this weekend waiting for the phone to ring. I would KILL for some malteasers. i know you are allowed these things if they're within your syns but I know if I start to eat bad things like that it's a slippery slope back to bingeing on packets of quavers & jaffa cakes. I'll stick with my beansprouts and quorn!

And I've gone to bed feeling full every night. More than I can say for other diets I've done.

Good luck, remember we're all in the same boat!

pp x

Hiya,

I find that having munchies somewhere inaccessible saves me. I have to have a certain amount of naughty things in the house because I don't want the kids to feel deprived then grow up like me, leaving home then stuffing everything into my face!

Putting the things you really want in a tupperware out of sight is a good idea - but I only buy stuff for the kids that I don't actually like anyway. I LOVE crisps but would rather go without than have a bag of quavers!

Things that I do like I buy in individual wrappers so I haven't got to worry about portion control. Stuff like babybel lights for my A options, rather than a block of cheese I have to weigh, and when I cut a chunk off because i've overestimated it'd go straight in my gob - then i'd eat the amount i'm allowed ontop!

I'm glad you've taken the first step. Well done!!!

Back