Just A Few Thoughts.

Bijoux

Fat Fighter
I have been reading this ...

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

I must say it makes brilliant sense. I have approached CD as a way of making myself a better person. I believe that's why I have managed to be 100% all through, 4th week this week and I am proud of what I have achieved. It makes me feel so good when I turn down chocolate, biscuits, fizzy drinks etc etc. Infact I don't think I will go back to all that junk, am not saying I will never have chocolate, am just saying I will not have chocolate just because it's available. I have also decided to completely cut out fizzy drinks when am done with the diet. I read somewhere that coke can dissolve chicken bones and one of my housemate uses it to clean her metallic jewellery. I don't even want to begin thinking what it can do to my insides.

This diet has really made me realise just how little your body can live off. I know that at the minute am in ketosis but even when I get off the diet I know my portions will dramatically reduce. I can now also distinguish between real hunger and psychological hunger, I also know the difference between thirst and hunger.

At the beginning of this diet, I used to say let me do it, I know I can. I will treat myself to a good takeaway when am done but now I know that if I do that in a few months time I will be right back here.

That's why am happy I came across Icemoose's post. If you approach this diet with a positive attitude there is no way it can fail for the long term. :)

I have been reading this ...

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

I must say it makes brilliant sense. I have approached CD as a way of making myself a better person. I believe that's why I have managed to be 100% all through, ---------------- If you approach this diet with a positive attitude there is no way it can fail for the long term. :)

Ditto. Think that is why i succeeded and found it so easy. It was something i wanted and needed so much. The right time too.
Good luck Sylvie86, you're half way there, just wait and see how good it gets from here:)

Thank you. I am actually looking forward to it now. I cannot wait to get "stuck in", I know there will be moments when am down but I know how I will react to them.

Great attitude Sylvie, you are doing so well. Even if you have a down moment it's that kind of positivity that gets you back up again in no time :)

That is so true Serena. I think the difference is that if you get down you pick yourself right up immediately and go on, not just throw the towel in.

If only someone could bottle that mindset, I could definitely do with an extra dose some days! Having said that this forum comes a close second...if my computer went down I think I'd be floundering big time!

Edi, that's what am going to make a note of. Finding out what triggers those low points and how I can afford to avoid the situations or prevent it from developing. I don't want to be one of those people who lose lots of weight only to put half of it back on.

I have decided that I can snack on CD bars, they are too tempting so I will only be ordering one a week. That will ensure I will be 100% good on the diet.

I was the same with the bars at first until I realised if I had a binge on even just two of them at once it could knock me out of ketosis, which was enough to stop me. Funnily enough as soon as I gave myself "permission" to buy myself enough for one per day I've found that I'm not bothered about them at all any more. This is all such a mental game isn't it?!

I suppose it's because they really do not feel like meals. I will have the apple and cinnamon next year as a treat. My CDC said that she will have it in January. Am planning to go to Dublin with some friends over Easter, am hoping I will have lost enough lbs to look and feel good.

Hi Sylvie

Thanks for adding this post - this really helps with the mindset and helps you understand that the key is to remain happy on this weight loss journey and not spend your time being miserable. I have about the same weight to lose as you, so I';ll drop you a note every now and again - roll on when we have a great new figures in the summer!!!
Sharon

Oh that's really cool. I too can't wait for the Summer. I am going away for almost 2 months and am so excited. I want to look my best plus every other aspect of my life is pretty good at the minute except how I feel about my weight. I decided I was fed up of feeling sorry for myself. I had to do something and am glad I did. I was 19st when I started and am almost bearing into the 16st mark. I have gotten to a stage where I enjoy turning down food instead of feeling bad that I can't have it. The real test starts next week when I go home for Christmas though. If I can do it at home I will be very happy.

Back