• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Just A Few Thoughts.

I have been reading this ...

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

I must say it makes brilliant sense. I have approached CD as a way of making myself a better person. I believe that's why I have managed to be 100% all through, 4th week this week and I am proud of what I have achieved. It makes me feel so good when I turn down chocolate, biscuits, fizzy drinks etc etc. Infact I don't think I will go back to all that junk, am not saying I will never have chocolate, am just saying I will not have chocolate just because it's available. I have also decided to completely cut out fizzy drinks when am done with the diet. I read somewhere that coke can dissolve chicken bones and one of my housemate uses it to clean her metallic jewellery. I don't even want to begin thinking what it can do to my insides.

This diet has really made me realise just how little your body can live off. I know that at the minute am in ketosis but even when I get off the diet I know my portions will dramatically reduce. I can now also distinguish between real hunger and psychological hunger, I also know the difference between thirst and hunger.

At the beginning of this diet, I used to say let me do it, I know I can. I will treat myself to a good takeaway when am done but now I know that if I do that in a few months time I will be right back here.

That's why am happy I came across Icemoose's post. If you approach this diet with a positive attitude there is no way it can fail for the long term. :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I have been reading this ...

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/2149-two-kinds-people-who-do-vlcd.html

I must say it makes brilliant sense. I have approached CD as a way of making myself a better person. I believe that's why I have managed to be 100% all through, ---------------- If you approach this diet with a positive attitude there is no way it can fail for the long term. :)
Ditto. Think that is why i succeeded and found it so easy. It was something i wanted and needed so much. The right time too.
Good luck Sylvie86, you're half way there, just wait and see how good it gets from here:)

Thank you. I am actually looking forward to it now. I cannot wait to get "stuck in", I know there will be moments when am down but I know how I will react to them.

Serena A

Can't think of a title
If only someone could bottle that mindset, I could definitely do with an extra dose some days! Having said that this forum comes a close second...if my computer went down I think I'd be floundering big time!

Edi, that's what am going to make a note of. Finding out what triggers those low points and how I can afford to avoid the situations or prevent it from developing. I don't want to be one of those people who lose lots of weight only to put half of it back on.

I have decided that I can snack on CD bars, they are too tempting so I will only be ordering one a week. That will ensure I will be 100% good on the diet.

Serena A

Can't think of a title
I was the same with the bars at first until I realised if I had a binge on even just two of them at once it could knock me out of ketosis, which was enough to stop me. Funnily enough as soon as I gave myself "permission" to buy myself enough for one per day I've found that I'm not bothered about them at all any more. This is all such a mental game isn't it?!

I suppose it's because they really do not feel like meals. I will have the apple and cinnamon next year as a treat. My CDC said that she will have it in January. Am planning to go to Dublin with some friends over Easter, am hoping I will have lost enough lbs to look and feel good.

Hi Sylvie

Thanks for adding this post - this really helps with the mindset and helps you understand that the key is to remain happy on this weight loss journey and not spend your time being miserable. I have about the same weight to lose as you, so I';ll drop you a note every now and again - roll on when we have a great new figures in the summer!!!
Sharon

Oh that's really cool. I too can't wait for the Summer. I am going away for almost 2 months and am so excited. I want to look my best plus every other aspect of my life is pretty good at the minute except how I feel about my weight. I decided I was fed up of feeling sorry for myself. I had to do something and am glad I did. I was 19st when I started and am almost bearing into the 16st mark. I have gotten to a stage where I enjoy turning down food instead of feeling bad that I can't have it. The real test starts next week when I go home for Christmas though. If I can do it at home I will be very happy.