Just a question

lynnwilliams

Silver Member
I have big thighs, i always have even when i was a healthy 9st. I noticed in Blonde Logics Pictures she has lost all her thighs and legs. I was thinking maybe i will have to get to 8st or something to lose the thighs, as they just turn to muscle.

Yes i need this to start exercising. I think the only way i will exercise is if i join a gym to be honest, otherwise i wont do it. We have an exercise bike and row machine in one of our spare rooms tho chris goes on them , i dont. Well it dont help that the bike is a carl lewis bike and made for tall people lol.

My energy is up and down, so i probably wont manage it, and the gym is quite alot of money and its a contract, so not sure if i want to do that. I could do the walking, i have plenty of hill where i live within easy distances and i just found on google some thigh exercises too.i could do that along with using my wiifit.

i know what you mean lynn, i'm very curvy and have always wanted nice legs.
i know if i get down to even 9 1/2 stone i'll still have solid thighs, its just our shape. but i know that viewing this as a negative is partly why i got so overweight in the first place - i thought "well i'm big anyway"
we come in all shapes and sizes and we will have to learn to love and accept our new smaller shapely selves!!

Its true what you both say but i would like to wear a skirt and have thinner legs, i got what you call, well everyone says i have footballer legs..lol, not quite as fit tho..lol
But hopefully as the weight shifts i might be surprised!

I've always had thunder thighs as far as I'm concerned but it seems that now my legs are getting much smaller. Even smaller than when I was super fit and a size 10. But I think it's partly because I've lost a lot of muscle from my legs too and not just fat.
I know there are some things we can't change like the body shape we are but I'm sure you'll lose some on your legs and want to get them out all the time like I do now!

hhaha - my ears should have been burning!

I was very lucky - my loss was very balanced on all parts of my body. I need to do a lot of toning on me ol thighs though I'm afraid!

My hubby told me tonight my thighs could be bigger - I said they could, but they aren't - so NYER! He's a thigh man. I told him he can let his get big then!! hehehe

THanks for the compliments. :) And it will all come together for you all too. :)
xx

I'm 5 foot 9.5 so lucky to have long legs. You can still have great pins even if you're not that tall. I think walking is actually the best thing for leg tone. It doesn't build up too much muscle. Just enough to keep them from wobbling too much!
I do some weight lifting at the gym for my legs too and used to be an international athlete so that may have something to do with why I've got some tone left in my legs. Not much though. Plus, when I take my body shaper tights off, the skin on them is really saggy!!

I am so glad I am not the only one with big thighs and calves for that matter. I finally bought some boots but in an EEE fitting to fit around my calves. I found when I was in abstinence walking was the best for me and I did a minimum of an hour a day. Also I bought MBT's which are great for toning legs. Now alas I have decided i want to be thinner than 11stone so I am onto cutting cals and hitting the gym like a mad woman.

I agree that one changes the way we think, I now wear skirts to just below my knee and feel good in them. I would NEVER have done that before. Besides today I have to show off my new boots!

Even when I was 10st 7lbs :eek:(many years ago) I was still quite hippy and had large thighs, so as the lbs drop off I'm wondering if it will be the same.
Having lost 21 lbs I can see it's going on my upper body..............what about my bum!!!!! maybe it goes from the top down.

Well maybe for Christmas I should ask for a gym membership :character00115:

Back