Just a shout out! Random thoughts!

Littlestar_kc

Loving Atkins right now, it's official I've dumped slimming world and started an affair with Atkins . . .

(typed while eating my chunky cheese sticks rapped in salami) nom! nom!

Last edited:
Littlestar_kc said:
Loving Atkins right now, it's official I've dumped slimming world and started an affair with Atkins . . .

(typed while eating my chunky cheese sticks rapped in salami) nom! nom!

Lol welcome to the club x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Littlestar_kc said:
Random thought:

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad! X

Satisfaction is pointing out to atkins nay sayers that you do eat fruit - tomatoes, courgettes, etc:D

slaj said:
Is rhubarb a vegetable then?

Yes but as always slightly more subtle. They are all vegetables - because all that means is part of the plant so can be any bit (leaves, stalk, fruit). Fruit is the bit around the seeds. Only society choice to call sweet stuff fruit and the rest vegetable - bizzare!
Love using this to get people off my back:)

I buy it in tin, drain and rinse off the syrup, heat it in microwave and have with sprinkle of splenda and cream. Think I am addicted, it has replaced alcohol in my life!!

Hi slaj - are you sure that there isnt remaining sugar in the rhubarb when you have drained the syrup? I would be a bit wary and recommend the fresh veg - a medium stalk has approx 2 carbs and you could zap it in the mwave with a little water and splenda to cook it

Hi kat1e good point, unfortunately it isn't in season at the moment and haven't seen any fresh rhubarb, I am quite restrained as I could eat a whole tin in one go! I will be more careful and just have it as a treat now and again :)

Can we all add our random thoughts?

CATS ARE TOO SMELLY. That's mine right now.

Confession: I don't think I've ever eaten rhubarb.

We grew up on rhubarb - had loads growing in the garden. And I hated it. But love it now that I have to buy it (sods law).

Random fact - one of my goldfish looks like it is going to pop its clogs... floating at the top of the tank looking a bit sorry for itself.

Back