Just a sneaky lil Question (considering CD)

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Do any of you follow this diet and run a household? ..

If so how do you manage ? Ive got a OH and 3 kids 15.11 and a 4 and half yr old ...

Am thinking about giving CD a go, am trying to follow Ww again at the moment and its not going to well :( ...

I dont have kid and run a house, however I follow this diet and I still work a full time job and work evenings in a pub. I do around 65 hours a week! I think it is seriously possible :D

I'm doing this diet, work full time and run a household with a hubby and 3 kids (14, 11 and 7). It's not easy - first week is the worst - but my family all support me 100% and have known to stay out of my way this week lol! Hubby does help out with the cooking aspect when he can but not always possible.

I tried WW and SW and they didn't work for me - felt that picking at the leftovers on the kids' plates wouldn't do any damage, just count it into points etc... nahhhhhhhhhhhh didn't work lol - at least on CD if you're only having the packs, you take out that aspect of counting.

It's definitely worth a try hun - good luck with whatever you decide x

I do cd, only have OH and DD (age3), but still cook for them, grocery shop etc. and work 30hrs per week. Sounds bizarre but i have save money, as i no longer buy junk, for me or them, so they have the advantage of generally eating healthier, as i trial low GI foods as the basis of their meals. I have done sw in the past, and i wish i'd have found this years ago instead.
Yes, SW/WW do work, if you can stick to them. i always found that because i had such a lot to lose, i would simply lose motivation before i ever got to goal. The quick results with cd keep you going, and taking food out of the equation altogether for yourself means you can really have time to think about how your longer term eating habits and view of food needs to change. I've done 5st in about 19wks- you've got nothing to lose by trying it out! Good luck xx

I have kids run a house work full time and manage ok it hard going cooking family meals but i look at it like this its not forever and I want to lose weight more that i want food well most of the time lol. But believe me if i can do it you can once you see the weight falling off thats all the motivation you need and we are always here if it gets hard xx

when i first did cd it was just me and the child so i used to cook up batches of food once a month and freeze it in her sized portions so i didnt have to cook.
now i got him here i get him to cook some times and the rest of the time to be honest it just doesnt bother me
i spoon feed madam and am not tempted to just have a taste

I have a OH and a 16 year old son and I cook, shop and work 32 hours at the weekend and run the house....the first week or so are the worst...but if you are in the right headspace and are extremely focussed on the task of losing weight then I find you get over the food issues quickly....I am too focussed to even contemplate any food (apart from the turkey breast and green veggies I have in my CD soup of an evening).
I have lost over 6 stone in 22 weeks and am too focussed on getting to goal to cheat myself out of the long awaited dream of being slim.
This diet is not for the fainthearted and you have definitely got to be in the right headspace to succeed. It is worth a try...why don't you give it a go and see..you have got nothing to lose....apart from the weight of course, good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I am on ss+(4 packs) am a full-time mum to a lively 2 almost 3 year old,husband works away couple nights a week. I have breakfast and lunch with my son, I have always prepared him individual meals as I have given him a really balanced diet(so he doesn't end up like me). When he has tea I have a shake around 5, then if my hb home one of us prepares his and a soup for me and eat around 8. When we go out as a family at weekend I take a bar, and we still all eat together on a sunday,only I have my soup as they have a roast. Cooking and shopping for them doesn't bother me as not only is it my job,but the results on this diet are so motivating. x

Thanks so much for responding, I work part time 15 hours doing care work and then another 8 cleaning and the occasional saturday caring privatly,
I know everyone talks about getting your head in the right place, But think ive forgotton how to get it there! ,.. The scales keep creeping up, I feel horrfied for a few minutes and then think (sod it, im to big to make any difference now anyway ) then get fed up and down and then eat! ...
I find i eat thro habit, feeling fed up and thro routine, its definatly head hunger than weakens my willpower! ...

Any tips on getting head in the right place.?

I didn't, not really, before starting. I had a major heart to heart with my OH and it was only in admitting out loud how out of control my eating was, that i really decided i had to act to change. I was very much like you, p'd off..so eat more..over and over. Phoned and went to cdc the next day, and just started it that day. Didn't think about it too much really, just stuck to it. Then after those first pounds started moving i was gobsmacked enough to continue. Still did not believe i could do it, only a few months down the line did i make any headway in my thinking. So i'd say, just do it.. don't think about it... your head will start to get there. Commit to just one day, one week at a time, you will not regret it. It has changed my life xx

Back