Just a thought for you all...

sarahandmolly

Gold Member
A girl who sits next to me just came back from lunch with a few chocolate bars. I am always harping on about SW to her, so she asked me to work out the syn values for all the chocs... she was shocked!!! 1 bag of Revels, 1 bag of Buttons, 1 Thorntons White Choc Bar, 1 Thorntons Mint Bar, 1 Thorntons Whipped Fudge Bar & 1 Thorntons Cappucino Bar = 62 Syns!!!! She will devour that probably today and tomorrow... over 1/2 wks syns!!!! :eek:

Exactly! I told her what I would usually spend my weekly syns on and she was gobsmacked! x

No!!! She is about 7.5 stone and about 5ft 8 in height!! So thin! I have never seen her eat a piece of fruit etc
The one day, her lunch consisted of a McDonalds Chicken Burger Meal, Onion Rings, McFlurry and a Strawberry Milkshake... thats a regular one too!

Even though she is slim it's so unhealthy that kind of eating - no fruit/veg

I don't think I could eat that amount of chocolate

No I know it's not healthy...

The whole point of my post was how many syns there were in the few bits she bought to tire her over til tomorrow. The revels and the mint bar have already gone!!! ha ha ha!

I used to work with a girl like that she ate so much and whatever she wanted and was gorgeous and slim! Maybe that's the only thing she eats all day!!!

Its strange isnt it how were all so different! How some people dont even have to think about their weight! I use to envy people like her but although shes thin and im sure georgous, she cant be healthy!!

I like harping on at people about SW cuz once you've heard these things you cant forget them!!

Even whilst i was off plan i still thought to myself - god this is so many syns or i would still drink diet coke instead of full fat.

Id feel awful even buying that much chocolate now! I have to admit ive never had a sweet tooth but i use to eat a whole giant bag of kettle chips and sour cream and chive dip without thinking twice!

I remember having a brown steak baguette with mustard mayo and chips and my gorgeous skinny friend saying wow thats really healthy!! lol

Its amazing really!

Well clearly its not healthy, but at the same time she clearly needs the calories or what size would she be!!! If she ate fruit instead of that choc, she would disapear!

Mind you.....

My friend used to be vegetarian for years. But really she just survived on crisps and choc. Eventually she started to eat meat again and ate a much healthier diet, yet gained quite a bit of weight (getting up to a healthy size 10 or so). Weird!!!

i work in a shop and when we r quiet and i'm bored i look at calories in chocolate and its very scarey esp when i used to have more than one bar a day or wouldn't think nothing of eatine a big bag of choccy which has almost 900 cals per bag.
the other thing i have noticed is the naugthy things food companies do they write something has x amount of calories on then and which in small writing per half a pack or worse still per portion (a portion to me is the full bag) no wonder people r confused

funny enough before i had my first child i was a veggy but i ate some much rubbish when i got pg with my dd i craved meat and i have piled it on ever since (didn't gain anything with either of my children so I can't blame pg)

Back