Just about to start SW

Wrenmac

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and I'm also just about to start slimming world. I'm 22 years old and getting married in just over a years time and want to lose a bit of weight. I am a size 12ish and aim to be an 8/10 again with luck.

I'm going to start the online programme because I don't have a club nearby that I could get to easily. I wondered if I should also subscribe to the magazine because it appears to be only about £5 more and yet it's £3ish an issue if I were to buy them in the shop?

My fiance and I have routed through some slimming world recipes and are trying them out this week before I get paid and can sign up properly next week. So far I think I get how it works and the choice and flavours are brilliant. I am lactose intollerant so feel I might have problems with the milk/cheese/yogurt portions. I can tollerate small amounts but not a lot.

Last edited:
Good luck! :)

Good luck with your journey. I also lost weight for our marriage last year. It was great to feel slim and confident on our wedding day. It sounds like your hubby to be is 100% supportive which is great.

Check out Pete's recipes in the recipes section - some tasty meals in there x

Good luck with your journey hun, being lactose intollerant shouldn't pose too much of a probably, there are loads of diary free milk you can have as a HEA x

Hi! The lactose intollerant shouldnt be an issue as your Helathy A Choice has lots of different options. There are plenty of recipes online that are tasty and you sometimes forget that you are on a diet. Good Luck and if you have any questions you know where we all are xx

Hi and welcome! As a few people have mentioned, the lactose intolerance shouldn't be an issue - Koko Coconut Milk is really nice (especially the chocolate version!) so you'll still be able to get your calcium in :) x

Thanks everyone!

I have seen seen all the alternatives now and am mostly sticking to lactofree milk as I can tolerate that fine.

I got my magazine and calendar today and really enjoyed looking through it. My fiancé an I have loved cooking together more and trying new recipes. He is mostly sticking to it (although, he himself is 10st7 and thin) except that he doesn't stick to the healthy extras or the syns. It does mean he eats a lot of crisps and chocolate but I am finding I don't want it anymore. He needs it to retain his weight and I need to not eat it!

Back