Just about to start.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by sphinx0781, 16 May 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. sphinx0781

sphinx0781 Member

Hi,

Bought CDC months ago and only managed a day and a half, felt sick and really bad headaches, but want to try again.

One problem I face is part of my job involves quite a lot of lunches and dinners with customers, and would find it impossible to take a shake to a restaurant and also to explain why I am not eating. What do other people do in similar situations?

Also I imagine I will feel the same as the last time, and have heard that first 3 days are worst, so was thinking of starting on a Friday to try and do this, is there a good day to start or is everyone different?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. miss_mallow

miss_mallow Banned

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.16%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    maybe you could do the ss+ , take your 3 shakes when you can and when your going to a restaurant add a low cal meal from the yellow book ( salad, steamed veg, fish etc)
    Im sure the losses would still be fantastic!
    good luck with what ever you do x

4. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Hi I just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss. I agree that SS+ may be a good idea x

5. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Hi, the first 3 days are the worst but the headaches and sickness will stop so stick it out if you can because on day 4 I felt great. SS+ will allow you to fit those client luches in if you try doing as Miss Mallow suggest above. Good luck Zoe xx

Last edited: 16 May 2009
  6. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Hey, I had the same problem last time I did the diet, but I don't invite so many clients out for lunch now I'm doing it again!

When I have to go I'd have a chicken salad or you can say you're having blood tests so can't eat, or make up some other excuse. Some people just get a soup made up. I wouldn't choose to do that, but would be happy telling most of my clients that I'm dieting and therefore not eating.

Whatever you do, best of luck. It is possible with a busy social/work life.

7. broxi

broxi ButtErFly

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have to sit down to a beautiful meal every day with kids I supervise and that's been so difficult but I've done it so far. I've just had a glass of water and said that I didn't really feel like eating (lie - selling my soul for vanity!) I suppose I've tried to imagine how eating the food makes me feel - bloated and fat, and that's helped.
    Also, like you, I tried this diet a few years ago and got to about day 3 and was crying and depressed cos I love food so much. How awful is that! It's not been so bad this time but I have my moments. The last time I had no support. This forum will really help I'm sure. I'm obsessed with diet just now and it's virtually all i can think about.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.