Just another newbie saying hi!

jt2b

Oh guys, is it honestly coming up to the last week in January? I don't know about you, but December 31st (in between stuffing my face with all my favourite food for the "last time") I was declaring how 2012 was "the year".

Now I've made these claims many times before but this time I have what I thought would be the best weight loss incentive...I'm getting married next year!

Yesterday and today I had two major diet and fitness relapses. I cancelled a gym class yesterday, went to bed super late, laid in bed all day today and got up and went for mcdonalds (which I ate in secret, and still had my salad for dinner when my mum got home....classic behaviour from me.)

I am a chronic and secret over eater. My favourite foods are actually healthy but i never feel full. I eat in secret and often lie about the foods that ive eaten. I eat when im bored. And i do most of my eating between the hours of 6 and midnight. I feel self concious in the gym. I need a major kick up the ass. I tried on my first wedding dress on sunday and I looked horrendous...why isnt that enough motivation for me?

Can any of u guys relate?

Other than the above I am actually a very fun person....:p

Hi there and welcome! :)

It's very difficult to break the habits we have become used to but you've made the first step in the right direction by joining us here!

You'll find lots of friendly help and advice, so stick around!

Are you following any plan/diet in particular?

Hi
Hi,

No im not following a particular diet. I see that slimming world is very popular on this forum. Ive not had much success follong specific diets before, although ive never attended a slimming class before either!

Hiya and welcome. Good luck :)

Jt2b, welcome! I wish you all the best with your weight loss. Speaking from.experience, I find that when I try and do it on my own, I have no rules and make them up.as I go along lol, which then gets me nowhere. A class would be great for you. Slimming world is fab, but never taught me portion control which was a major issue, just eating when I was bored. Im doing dukan and it really is fab and the weight drops off and theres a non diet plan eventually to help keep it off. Keep us posted, good luck xx

Hi, i can relate! i have a tendancy to over eat when i am bored or upset.... in fact it can all be a bit self distructive!!
I need to discipline of a class to know that ive got to go every week and let someone else see my weight....and while they are never judgmental at class, i need this to keep me on track.

Ive tried WW, CD and on my own. I am now with SW and have lost 1 1/2 stone so far, and whether its something in me this time, i just think this diet works. Its making me think about everything i eat, without me having to count points on everything or drink just liquids.

i find it works for me and for the first time in a long time i feel like i can actually change my eating habits- i do not want to spend my life being to over weight to enjoy the things i want to do.

My goal/ its to get thin enough to get back into horse riding. Ive not done it since my teens as i just got too big and while horses can take a lot of weight- you've got to give the poor thing a chance!

Anyway, what i'm eventually getting round to saying is - welcome and take each day at a time. Ive just found this forum myself and i have a feeling its going to help me lots along the way :)

Hi there , I can totally relate to you!! Self sabotage is my middle name, I go through the book a class/ cancel a class cycle at the gym very regularly!! I am doing Calorie Counting/My Fitness Pal at moment which I am DETERMINED to stick with (lost 4lbs 1st weigh in and 2nd weigh in tomorrow). I hope whatever plan you decide on you have great success x

Back