just been diagnosed....advice needed please

nancynoo

hi all,
i've just been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, bit of a long story......
i originally went to the doctors in march as i was 3 weeks late with my period, after 3 negative pregnancy tests, thought i best get checked out as i've always been regular, i insisted on blood tests and anything else they could do (makes me sound a bit loopy lol) my blood tests came back normal after having 6 tubes of blood taken, but was referred for a pelvic and internal scan anyway as by this time my periods had become irregular. got the results from my scan last week and have been diagnosed.
i now have a hospital appointment for next week but not sure what its actually for......anyone know? does everyone get referred to the hospital? me and my partner are trying to conceive at the minute so could this be the reason?

i'm currently doing slimming world, which i started before i was diagnosed as i had a feeling that it was pcos and losing weight would be a benefit, any advice would be very much appreciated, i can't take any contreceptive pills/injections/implants etc as other medication i'm on and also as i said we are ttc

I got referred to the hospital. I had my scan there and I also got referred back when I was diagnosed.
When I went back they talked through symptoms with me and medication to help them etc
They will probably also discussed trying for a baby too if your trying :) They talked about it a little bit with me but as I'm not trying at the moment they didn't go into too much detail - They told me that when I was trying and if I wasn't having any luck I'd need to go back xxxx

Hi,
I was referred to hospital for mine back in Nov 2004, I have never had monthy "monthly's".
There I had an internal scan and an ultrasound scan to diagnose and confirm PCOS.
I too wasnt trying to conceive at the time so not much was said about conceiving etc, except that it was highly unlikely I would beable to conceive without a lot of help due to the number of cysts I have. (Needless to say 14 months later, with no help and still not trying to conceive I found out I was pregnant....he is a very happy and healthy 5 year old!!)
I was put on metformin at the time but nothing was explained as to why or what it did, eventually after keep forgetting to take it I took myself off it.
Referral to the hospital should be mainly for scans to confirm......nothing to worry about!!! x

Back