just been getting all excited

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
:secret:***:secret: TOP SECRET :secret:***:secret:
Dont tell !!
The OH is the big 50 in july and he wants a party - but i'll be buggered if Im going organise a party for all my family to come and take the p***...............so......
I thought I would arrange a secret holiday to ......EGYPT !! wot u think?.
Been talking through it with Daughter and she says she will chip in , so have been filling in holiday form for work, then spoke to sister, she said dont go in july (cost ,heat, school holidays etc) go in september when they all back at school- wot a better idea !! give me more time to save and organise things on the quiet !!, then she said , we could all go for meal and give him card with the tickets in. OOOHHH I'm getting sooo excited
Any ideas on how I can get him off the idea of a dam silly party, that will cost the same as holiday and be over and done with in one night?
AWWW bless my Old Man !!

( and it gives me more time to loose my Flubber !!!)

Hi
Tell him you have a wonderful suprise planned, then on his birthday maybe a few close family/friends could have a little get together and you can do what your sister suggests with the confirmation/tickets in his card.:)
There are some great holiday sites that you can look at for any additional info.
I used to be a travel agent but never been to Eygpt.
He is a lucky guy having you as his wife.:)
Irene

Hi
Tell him you have a wonderful suprise planned, then on his birthday maybe a few close family/friends could have a little get together and you can do what your sister suggests with the confirmation/tickets in his card.:)
There are some great holiday sites that you can look at for any additional info.
I used to be a travel agent but never been to Eygpt.
He is a lucky guy having you as his wife.:)
Irene
Thanxs, I know I have moaned about him on here ,but that's just a woman being a woman IYKWIM !!!!!
he is good and will do a lot for me
I have been to egypt -my sister took me for my b/day and OMG it was excellent I have never been anywhere like that in my life.
He wanted to go - so I reckon the only thing i can do is take him. When i was there My sister paid for us to go snorkelling , and none of the life jackets would fit me ...I nearly died of embarrasment ...so this time i wanna get one on (not that i needed it cos this sexy man was holding my ring and dragging me around OOOOhhhhhh memories !!!)

hahah love it alice ! i went for my 50th last year. we did 1 week cruise on the nile then a week of luxury on the red sea ..it was lovely but wouldnt recomend may when we went it was far too hot ...hope he loves his surprise lucky man !!! hugs gilly xxxx

Here I come.. like a big black cloud..

It was my 40th in Nov and I arranged my party as it was so important for me to have all my family and friends with me to celebrate... I would have been so upset if someone had organised a holiday for me instead. Maybe you should take your hubbies wishes into consideration.. it is his b/day after all;)

Here I come.. like a big black cloud..

It was my 40th in Nov and I arranged my party as it was so important for me to have all my family and friends with me to celebrate... I would have been so upset if someone had organised a holiday for me instead. Maybe you should take your hubbies wishes into consideration.. it is his b/day after all;)

Fair comment, but OH has no family (not here anymore) only my family here and to be honest they are a waste of space,and they all take the mickey out of him and where he comes from anyway- so I know he would be peed off on his b/day- no party - but equally I know he would go mental with excitement about going to egypt. I dont want to give my family another excuse to stick the knife in IYKWIM
Just spoke to daughter - she said go on his b/day and not later in the year ie september (no school holidays) cos then he wouldnt have to wait ....oh dear wot am i gonna do now??

hahah love it alice ! i went for my 50th last year. we did 1 week cruise on the nile then a week of luxury on the red sea ..it was lovely but wouldnt recomend may when we went it was far too hot ...hope he loves his surprise lucky man !!! hugs gilly xxxx

Bet that was great !!
My sis took me for my 40th in May (b/day in july) a couple of years ago. and when we got off the plane i said OMG THE HEAT...she replied ...its the heat off the engines !! dopey moo no sis it was hot ...but i coped, reckon i was the only whale in the swimming pool. We made friends with some newly weds ,they asked us how we knew each other (and me being the joker) replied ..wer'e sisters ...NO WAY they said .. so i said NO we are lesbians LOL you should of seen their faces !!!
Took us ages to convince them with the truth LOL. THey couldnt believe it cos my sis is size 10/12 and im a 28/30.
On one occasion the woman that gave you a free massage said to me that if i didnt eat so much food then i would be slim like my sister !!! could of throttled the cheeky mare . My sister eats loads more than me and it is all syn stuff aswell- she will eat 8 or 9 garlic dough balls to herself and pizza chips etc

hahahaha you are definatly back to your jolly self ..thats great alice ..
you will soon be down in weight and hopefully by the time you go away there will be a big difference , and what a good thing to be aiming for ....
love and hugs xxxx

HAR HAR.... Just been laying in bed discussing Oh b/day and said about the party..
He said he wants one...
I said do you really want to spend 3/4 hundred quid for all my family to eat and drink and start a fight (they always do) and all for one night?..
He said well , no not really..
I said wot about we go on holiday, brighton, blackpool??..
He said I wouldnt mind going to blackpool ,i like it there...

Then I said ..do you think we should go after school holidays or in the week of our b/days (mines 25th of the month, his 30th )
he said... Lets go in september !! it wont be so crowded.
He's making this so easy for me and doesnt even know it HAHA
Oh joy !! so from now on
Egypt is Blackpool ...got it ;););)
I Can get this sorted , and I will try harder with my slimming x Promise.

got to go hes just come in room and sat behind me - crafty git

thats brill your lucky hubby think ill drop hints for my 40th next year lol

Ohhh how exciting!!!!
I was 40 last week (eeeeek) and sometime ago my other half told me to book sometime off of work in Feb. I duly did as I was told (!) and asked no questions...well thats not strictly true, I have been badgering him ever since to try an find out what he has booked.
Anyway, Christmas day, he hands me a present and when I unwrapped it, it was a toy tiger. uh!!! Awwww, hes only gone and booked a safari holiday to Kenya!!!! I can't wait, we go in 6 weeks!!!
After that, I wasn't expecting much for my B'day but he surpised me again by getting me a personalized numberplate for my car!!!! Its F3 SAM. Honestly, I feel so lucky.....and spoilt!
I'm sure your hubby will love his surprise and I have to agree, I didn't want a big party. I couldn't think of anything worse, I hate any kind of fuss!!!

Hi slacko,

great idea with the holidays in september but hubby still needs his party thou! mi thinks being of the male species so why not organise a bring ya own booze and food barbacue garden party.
Just explain to folk your saving for big suprise hol etc and cant really afford the party so this was the best you could come up with?

Hi slacko,

great idea with the holidays in september but hubby still needs his party thou! mi thinks being of the male species so why not organise a bring ya own booze and food barbacue garden party.
Just explain to folk your saving for big suprise hol etc and cant really afford the party so this was the best you could come up with?

i could come up with something...like the idea of the toy tiger and then surprise trip to kenya... i could get a mummy and then the surprise...Ive never done anything like this bfore. so im going careful.
But if i tell my family about surprise party -wont be long before it's not a surprise.. someone will blab .. NO sworn to secrecy !!LOL

doesnt take any organising really so no need to blab until nearer the time. great way to entertain in the summer and it doesnt cost ya too much taboo.

I think it's a wonderful idea! It'll still be VERY hot in September tho. It was in the 80's in Portugal in october.

What a fantastic idea.. I bet he loves it.

Youll need to keep us up to date with the plotting and planning ;)

You should start a diary, itll be great to not only look back on your weight loss but to look back on the planning etc for the holiday will be lovely to look back on, you could even share some of that with him so he knows how much work went into it.

Course Im just nosey, I love reading peoples diaries - on here I must add lol

Reactions: Taz
wicked idea alice - and great to hear the smile's back in your voice.xxx

What a fantastic idea.. I bet he loves it.

Youll need to keep us up to date with the plotting and planning ;)

You should start a diary, itll be great to not only look back on your weight loss but to look back on the planning etc for the holiday will be lovely to look back on, you could even share some of that with him so he knows how much work went into it.

Course Im just nosey, I love reading peoples diaries - on here I must add lol
Totally agree, every now and then I look back over my diary and read about what was good and what was bad. Really keeps you going.

Back