Just been told off!!

kezzyBee

Silver Member
By my mum!!:nono: She thinks I'll get ill doing atkins and my kidneys will fail:eek: haha how dramatic!! She was ok at first when I said I was doing low carb and was losing weight she was really happy for me but then I mentioned the word atkins and she was like WHAT!! get off that straight away its dangerous!!

Oh dear I have been told lol...does anyone else have family that have reacted like this? I told her I would start eating fruit from next week and she was abit better!!:rolleyes:

haha, I understand completely Kez! my fam are the same, as soon as you mention a controversial diet it's like OMG?

yeah my dad is the same, he made me lasagne last night and i had to eat it (he is not well n made it special) he said he is pleased i am losing weight just not happy about low carb, said healthy eating is the way...hence the 2lb gain :( wont be eating at his for a while now lol

Haha it was all going swimmingly until I mentioned the word atkins! I was quite amused at her reaction! I don't know why people are so against it I think its fab :D

i get the liver/kidney warnings too, plus they say it will stop you having kids etc too, but it works and lowers blood pressure etc so it cant be all bad...think they just worry cause there family...bless em :)

I'm sure my mum still thinks I'm about 15 bless her. She told me off last year coz I got a kitten haha you wouldn't think I was 26 with 2 kids of my own! she does worry lol

Its amazing isn't it that 'low carbing' is fine yet Atkins isn't!! I'd love to know the difference between the two!

LOL kezzy, thats funny :) my mam is exactly the same, don't worry! our mums are just... so... caring! lolol

Its amazing isn't it that 'low carbing' is fine yet Atkins isn't!! I'd love to know the difference between the two!

Its so weird! just coz I'm not eating much fruit an veg. but to be honest I never touched it before!! my diet was much worse it just had aload of bad carbs thrown in aswell! haha

people give me the 'look' when i mention atkins too.....

i also give them a 'told you so' look when they comment on my body shape! lol

Heheh, good stuff Missy :)

Ive given up telling people im on the atkins now i just say i watch what i eat! Well im not telling porkies (no pun intended). My mum and Mark are very supportive so much so Mark now makes me cheeseburger pie coz he loves it and ive lent my mum my atkins and NI books today. Its funny as i was the same size as her only a few weeks ago and now my slender figure (im my dreams) has convinced her that it is good. Just you wiat, I'll be regretting it when she asks me for the forum address and joins us here!

Ive given up telling people im on the atkins now i just say i watch what i eat! Well im not telling porkies (no pun intended). My mum and Mark are very supportive so much so Mark now makes me cheeseburger pie coz he loves it and ive lent my mum my atkins and NI books today. Its funny as i was the same size as her only a few weeks ago and now my slender figure (im my dreams) has convinced her that it is good. Just you wiat, I'll be regretting it when she asks me for the forum address and joins us here!

im an internet junkie, so regularly mention, this forum and that forum....

someone asked me what this one was....i avoided the question, your the only people that know my real weight!!!

not even hubby knows what i weigh, i left him know how much ive lost though lol

Well we wont judge on weight or clothes size, and know how hard we have all tried to shift the weight. We are all here for the support everyone needs and totally understand. A new family that we certainly dont need to hide it from, not any of us. xx

Here here/hear hear(never sure which one it is) Cheryl :)

Jim Jim The Daddy which make who the Mummy?

I love our family

Woofy x

Me too. Girlie, linz............I dont know any fo the others really but these 2 seem to totally know their stuff.

Mummy Linz and Daddy Jim Jim : o )

Ive always wanted a big family! Happy days

Woofy x

Back