just cant get into the plan at all...wat can i do..

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
hi everyone :wave_cry:

duno wats wrong with me but just cant seem to get into plan at all, iv been back at sw 1o weeks and lost 4lb im so ashamed i just cant stay on track :cry:i complain about my weight all the time but its my own fault cause im not doin sw properly at all! i just need somethin to motivate me! worst thing is iv a hol in 3 weeks and my belly is huge :cry::sigh:just duno wat to do, my friend is the same.. got class 2mro nite, shud i talk to consultant or can any of u help me?im just so fed up :break_diet:xx

I think the plan is quite difficult to stick to because there's so much freedom - you quickly let things slip; little bit of ketchup with your free chips, a little bite of your son's biscuit. Because you don't have to be strict on portions, it's somehow harder to remember you're being good (that makes sense to me, if noone else!).

I also think weight loss is a bit slower (but easier) on sw than some other plans, which I personally struggle with. I really need to be losing a couple of pounds a week, or I quickly fall into "what's the point?" mode.

My advice would be to write a list of the reasons you want to be thinner, and (this sounds stupid, but I do it a lot) spend time looking through the Next Directory (etc), choosing what you're going to buy when you're a size 10/12/14. It always gives me a bit of a kick.

And, be kind to yourself. Have a treat at night. I think a little bit of chocolate at the end of the day makes the fish and salad in the day seem much more acceptable!

Stick with it hun. One day at a time. You can do it.xxx

Hiya Christie,
First of all **hugs** Secondly don't stress to much about it, it's not the be all and end all, don't let it consume your life. You've make the decision you want to do something about your weight and that is fantanstic.
Everybody wishes the weight would come of as easily as it seemed to go on. No-one wakes up goes where did this extra 2/3/4/5/6/7 etc. stone come from!? It didn't go on over night and it won't come off over night.

The average weight loss to aim for is 1/2lbs a week and whilst that might seem a bit low to you remember that is 3st 10lbs per year! And what is a year or two or three or even more out of the rest of your fit, healthy, slim life.

BFB made some great suggestions! Why not try little mini goals, you have a holiday in 3 weeks why not try to loose 1.5lbs in that time? And take it little by little and be proud of the massive achievement you have made so far! 4lbs is nearly 2kg thats 4 bags of sugar - next time you're in the supermarket pick up 4 bags of sugar!

We all get down and depressed with being over weight and having to work so hard with what can seem like little or no results, rather than fighting the tide why not have a day off then the next day say right that was yesterday, this is today and I can only go forward from here!

Best of luck hun,

Natt xxx

what part of the diet are you following?

i started back in jan 09 and done Extra Easy to get me right into it and it was fab and then moved onto red days

hope you can get yourself on track
xx

I'm gonna buck the trend and say if you can't find the motivation - and after 10 weeks, you've certainly tried - then perhaps it's not the time for you. I've spent 30 years on a "diet", of which probably only six months has been spent truly losing weight. The rest of the time I moaned about being overweight and hated myself for not doing anything. What a waste of a life.

The advice above is great but the best one is the one that says "be kind to yourself". Please stop being so upset. You've lost 4lbs - get that butter out and see how horrible that looks altogether. And you've lost that. That's certainly worth being proud about. I've lost 13lbs in the time some people have lost 40 :eek: I regularly used to beat myself up for losing only half a pound (once only a quarter :confused:) until I realised these were losses, not gains, and I should be proud. So long as those scales don't start going in the other direction, I'm a winner.

Even if that 4lbs is all you lose this year (and I know it won't be, cos you'll get your mojo back), you'll end the year lighter than you began it. Now that will be worth raising a glass to on New Year's Eve, isn't it?

Everybody's weight loss journey takes them on a different path. The most important thing is to find yours and follow it - no matter how many curves or bumps.

Huge hug to you hun.

xx

Back to basics and meal plan.

Look through some food diaries on here and find sw versions of your favourite fooods or things you'll enjoy eating!!

I've been fine this week as have decided to only eat things i WANT to eat just adapted them slimming world style.

Last night i made a chilli con carne and had an extra easy day so for lunch i made bacon, cheese and potato cakes (enjoyed both my meals)

Today we are having bacon and red onion sw quiche and tonight i'm making homemade kievs.

Tuesday we had bbq'd tuna steak with king prawn, chilli and red pepper kebabs for lunch and Roast Pork with Ratatouille for dinner.

Tomorrow i'm making homemade burgers for dinner ;)

Have you got an item of clothing that you want to get back into?? Hang it on your wardrobe or a door in your kitchen.

Fingers crossed for you, xx

Harries got some excellent advice there. Couple I'm doing for motivation;

I've got a £ for lb system going on, that way by the end, I'll have £100+ to spend on a new wardrobe!

Secondly I'm measuring my arms, chest, bust, waist, hips, thigh muscle and claf muscle once a month - so when my weight loss slows down, I can check and see I'm still lossing inches.

And lastly every 7lbs I loose I get that together in sugar or flour and try carrying it around for a while - that is a real motivater!

I don't think that losses with SW are slow if you truly follow the plan. The only way I can make it work and get steady losses is to use the food diary. Without it I am prone to "invisible eating", where I eat things that really I need to take account for, but don't. And it affects my losses, or causes gains.

You spotlighted your own problem - lack of motivation. It's nothing to do with how effective SW or any other plan is. If you're not finding the motivation within yourself to find the discipline needed to make it work, then it's not going to. And every week that you go to class and get a disappointing result only chips away at your already low levels of enthusiasm and motivation. It's a vicious spiral, and one that is only going to find a resolution from within you.

For me, when I pull my socks up and have a really good week, using a food diary, planning my meals and really, actually sticking to the plan, I ALWAYS have a good loss. And that is the boost I need to keep at it for the next week. My recommendation to you is don't give up just yet, give yourself at least two more weeks where you actually commit to the plan. Don't kid yourself that you're doing better than you are. Write it all down and stick within the 10-15 syns per day (or average them out over the week). You will get a good result, and maybe that will be the encouragement you need to light your fire again.

If not, then I agree with the above, perhaps it's not the right time for you to go on this journey. And if that's the case, then just be happy with who you are right now and don't beat yourself up. Make a decision, either do it, or don't. And be happy with that decision. Life's too short to just be unhappy all the time. Enjoy your life, and love yourself!

Hey Christie -

I'm sorry you're finding it so hard *hugs*. The problem I find is, it's easy to let a bad day turn into a bad week when it comes to dieting. I re-joined SW 4 weeks ago and this time it's going well. But the first time I joined in October last year it started well but was hard to stick to and I was up and down. I did lose weight, but I was miserable and found it hard.

The thing is, the first time I joined I think it was hard because I was still in the 'viscious circle' mode and I'd have a bad day thinking 'I'll catch it back' but it carried on and a couple of weeks I 'skipped' group thinking that by the week after I'd have fixed it all. In my own way I was not using SW the right way either and that's the problem. This time I am doing it properly - my finace proposed to me and it seems to have given me the final part of the puzzle that is my motivation.

Don't be too hard on yourself - you're still 4 lbs lighter than when you started so even though it may be up and down it's going the right way. Plus, you're going and trying and I think that's one of the hardest parts of the whole thing. Once you start seeing a steady loss you'll perk up no end and with me, a loss spurs me on (whereas a gain the first time used to make it harder the next week to stay focused).

Here are my little changes this time round:

Hartley's jellies are a godsend! The no added suagr mini pots of the 'grown up' jellies are fab for when you want something sweet. They're only 1/2 a syn too and have less than 10 calories.

The only 'treats' I have for me are French Fries crisps - 4 syns a bag and great for me as I LOVE crisps!

My other half is not on a diet so he had his own 'treats'. I put these all in a SW bag and re-bag that in another SW bag. Sounds silly but works!

And I cannot stress this enough: FOOD DIARIES. Without these I would find it so hard.

You'll do it - like I said you're 4 lbs lighter than at the start and that's still an achievement.

Good luck sweetie xx

What a lot of brilliant advice there is on here - such a lovely bunch of people....((((((((((((to everyone))))))))))))

Some cracking posts girls!

Firstly though, I do agree with Harrie - if your head isn't in the right place then you will not lose weight, not on any plan. The time has to be right for you, and your reasons have to be right.

Also, the for and against list is a great idea - all the for reasons make you see why you want to lose the weight and the against ones you will find are more excuses than anything, things you can easily change - again, if your head is in the right place.

Try this as week one, go right back to basics, read your book, plan meals for a full week and stick to it and you will reap the rewards.
I don't think weight losses are any slower on SW than WW or RC or anything else, you seem to be able to eat tons (and you can) but other things are restricted so it all balances out. There are people at my group who consistantly lose 2 or 3 pounds a week for months on end.

SW works - FACT! But, you have to work at it too.

YOU can do it! YOU have the power to do it!

Thank you for all your advice and tips everyone! I have weigh in 2nte and I no I will have put on L but u know wat im gona start afresh 2mro, keep a food diary and find sum of my fav recipes on here, I NEED to do this and I know I can when I put my mind to it!! Gonna have good talk to consultant 2nte get sum advice! But u guys are great, thanks J made me realize that I can do it! Will let u al know how I get on at weigh in and also how my first day “being good” goes 2mro! Fingers crossed for me!:)

Loadsa luv xx

having the same problem christie, you're not alone ((hugs)) so this advice helps me too thanks guys

Don't worry about it, it takes time to get into the swing and the frame of mind. The time will pass anyway so just take each day or half a day as it comes, don't beat yourself up about it, and try and focus on other things other than food and dieting, if you can keep busy and really get into something (I do cross stitch) the time goes soooo quickly and you don't even think about food and before you know it its the next meal time and you haven't snacked or cheated. Hope you can get back on track real soon. xx

Well done for making the decision to start afresh - you know you can do it, so go for it! :D Good luck! xxxx

Have joined this thread a bit late *hugs* but wanted to say good luck for starting afresha nd i think you'l do fine, write off the past and wipe it from your mind. you will get there, stay on track and enjoy it and teh freedom it brings you but know your own limits and mind so you can control it. i really do wish you the best of luck hunny.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i am not sure if anyone has said this and i have certainly needed a kick up the bum the last couple of months but if you were not doing sw how much weight would you have put on eating 'normally' i know that if i had not even subconsioucly been following some of the plan i would have put back on the 1st 13 i have lost in 6 months and more so am sending you lots of hugs hon

Back