1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Just completed my first 10K Race for Life Run!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by CharKearney, 13 July 2014 Social URL.

1. CharKearney

CharKearney Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Just completed my first ever 10K run for Race for Life this morning - i'm feeling estatic!

Did it in 1 hour, 12 minutes, 23 seconds - which isn't amazing but for my first time properly running outside I'm really chuffed with myself. I've been training as much as I can but i've only really done this on a treadmill at the gym, with a few 5K runs outside here and there.

I've managed to raise just under £400 too from it - all which is going to the amazing work Cancer Research UK do!

I especially wanted to do it in memory of my amazing Grandad, who I sadly lost in 2010 to lung and brain cancer.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. MAndrews

MAndrews Well-Known Member

Bravo!! Well done for taking part. Now you have set yourself a time, you're going to smash it next time! :)

4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Fabulous, well done you :D

5. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

well done! :D