Just completed my first 10K Race for Life Run!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by CharKearney, 13 July 2014 Social URL.

1. CharKearney

CharKearney Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey guys,

Just completed my first ever 10K run for Race for Life this morning - i'm feeling estatic!

Did it in 1 hour, 12 minutes, 23 seconds - which isn't amazing but for my first time properly running outside I'm really chuffed with myself. I've been training as much as I can but i've only really done this on a treadmill at the gym, with a few 5K runs outside here and there.

I've managed to raise just under £400 too from it - all which is going to the amazing work Cancer Research UK do!

I especially wanted to do it in memory of my amazing Grandad, who I sadly lost in 2010 to lung and brain cancer.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MAndrews

MAndrews Full Member

Start Weight:
    57.8kg
    Current Weight:
    51.6kg
    Lost(%):
    0st13.6lb(10.68%)
    Diet:
    Minding my macros
    Bravo!! Well done for taking part. Now you have set yourself a time, you're going to smash it next time! :)

4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Fabulous, well done you :D

5. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    well done! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.