Just completed the Kick Start Diet ...

Hi everyone

It's day one of week 3. Managed to lose 11lbs on Rosemary's Kick Start diet and am so thrilled. Partner lost the same amount too.

Now had I known where Rosemary lives during week one I'd have gone round to her house and pulled the heads off her daffodils :p as my overweight body was getting used to the new regime. Don't worry, Rosemary, by the end of week two I'd have replaced the daffs and sent you yet more flowers.

This truly is the first healthy eating plan that I've found not only works but is easier to stick with and I think it's because of 2 things; first off, it doesn't involve counting points. I found it too easy to over calculate on Weightwatchers. I know it works for many but it wasn't for me.

Secondly, I can now have treats that involve the old favourites of chocolate and crisps but either in smaller quanties or lower GI versions.

Also, I like how the menus are already laid out in front of me in the book and I just need to follow them. One knows exactly what one has to eat and gets on with it - no faffing about.

I can now go up to 2000 cals from today and my shrinking body won't know what's hit it. Bring on the Power Boost ....

Well done you, what a result :party0019:I just know that after a start like that you will succeed.
Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your continuing success.
Suzi:D

Thanks, Suzi, for the encouragement.

Yesterday was horrendous on day one of the increased calorie intake. Ironically I felt really hungry.

As a bloke I am used to eating more but I just couldn't feel full at all. I'm putting it down to the cold weather here on planet Ireland :rolleyes:

Today has been a lot better but I feel almost guilty eating more having stuck religiously to the 1200 cals for 2 whole weeks. It's odd having to readjust again but that's exactly what I'll do.

Was reading your thread and you're coming on in leaps and bounds - so well done you as well.

Don't worry if you need a bit more some days,you can always readjust on other days. If you are going to eat more do it a day or 2 after weigh in then you can make up the difference before you get weighed.(I find knowing there is a weigh in looming concentrates the mind-hence my rumbling tummy at the moment, I get weighed at 6 tonight) :giggle:
When I have a bad day, I just remind myself of the reasons why I started this in the first place and that I have given all my bigger clothes to charity shops.
Keep up the good work.
Suzi

My first week after the kick start is now complete and I'm another 2lbs down. I am so looking forward to having shifted a whole stone of blubbler.

If I only lose a single pound this week I'll have done it but with 2 evenings out planned, one of which is a yummy restaurant, I'll be saving those treats left, right and centre to reach my goal. My plan is to stick to the fish and veg with a soup starter.

Realistically though I know that if I do falter I'll be able to get back on kilter in a few days so I know it's not the end of the world.

Well done MM, how many times have you been slimmer of the week in the last 3?
Enjoy your meals out and keep up the good work.:D
Suzi

Well done on your fantastic progress! :)

well done, keep it up.

I am doing ok and only need 1 pound for my stone!!

Well done MM, how many times have you been slimmer of the week in the last 3?
Enjoy your meals out and keep up the good work.:D
Suzi

It's just me and the book (and my partner) doing this - no club. So strictly speaking I've been slimmer of the week every week so far :rolleyes:

Good for you. I stayed the same this week so have decided to do it myself at home and save five pounds a week-which I can spend on the new wardrobe of clothes that I am going to need.:D
Keep up the good work, I guess it's easier to have your partner do it with you-mine doesn't need to lose weight and he eats what he wants.:sigh:
Have a good week.
Suzi

It's day one of week 3. Managed to lose 11lbs on Rosemary's Kick Start diet and am so thrilled. Partner lost the same amount too.

gvnerjgbnv.gif

Well done muppetmovie on your 11lbs. off!!!

This truly is the first healthy eating plan that I've found not only works but is easier to stick with

Also finding a diet that suits you.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you for the encouraging words.

Am now 1 stone and 1lb down so absolutely chuffed to bits at breaking the stone barrier. I'm now 15 stones exactly so I now want to get under this (and stay under).

Had a very stressful week as I was in Cornwall for 4 days where I was a very bad boy having a Cornish Pasty less than 3 hours of being in the County (hehe) and 4 pints of Tribute ale a night.

Even though I still lost 2 lbs amazingly (I was working hard at clearing out my partner's mother's subsiding house - don't ask!) I think it had more to do with me being struck down with gastric flu; it was horrendous. Am almost better now but haven't done any exercise for many days now.

The main thing that is carrying me along at the moment is being able to fit into my smaller shirts that have been gathering dust in the wardrobe this past year or so. It really does wonders for the confidence.

Well done....I celebrate with you...keep it up - you are a winner!

14 st 11 lbs now. Every tummy bug doing the rounds at present I seem to catch so the loss of appetite I had for several days did me no harm at all hehe.

I am singing from the rooftops that finally I am on a healthy eating plan that works for me. However, as soon as people hear about having to weight out 2oz of this and 3oz of that they immediately decide the RC Ultimate GI Jeans Diet isn't for them. Coincidentally they're the same people who remain fat ...

Just over 7 weeks in now and 18lbs down. I actually feel like I'm now eating like a thin person and still shudder at what I used to shovel away to maintain my 16 st +.

14 st 11 lbs now. Every tummy bug doing the rounds at present I seem to catch so the loss of appetite I had for several days did me no harm at all hehe.

I am singing from the rooftops that finally I am on a healthy eating plan that works for me. However, as soon as people hear about having to weight out 2oz of this and 3oz of that they immediately decide the RC Ultimate GI Jeans Diet isn't for them. Coincidentally they're the same people who remain fat ...

Just over 7 weeks in now and 18lbs down. I actually feel like I'm now eating like a thin person and still shudder at what I used to shovel away to maintain my 16 st +.

WOW !! great loss in just 7 weeks - well done !!

You doin much exercise ?? or just following the eating plan....?

keep up the great work !

Debz x

Thanks, Debz. My exercise consists of an hour of hot, sweaty walking most days and steep hill walking at the weekend. I see you're in Belfast too so you'll know when I say Redburn Country Park off the Old Holywood Road. The steep climb to the top of that is great for the legs and bum.

As for specific exercises I do sit-ups and now that I've lost so much weight I'm aware that I have to do more toning exercises.

9 weeks in and I now weigh 14 st 8 lbs so that means I've lost 21 lbs. Cannot believe I've lost so much weight in what seems a relatively short space of time but I have and it is and I couldn't be happier.

Back