just do it!

Ruby --

Three pounds is a lot! That is a good week for me. It means that you burned more than 10,000 calories than you consumed! That's pretty impressive! And do the math -- if you lost 3 pounds a week (every week) in a year you'd lose over 11 stone!!!

Congrats!!!

MM

Hi Ruby,

It is DD in Space! The things we make our kids do! lol

MM

Three pounds is a lot!It means that you burned more than 10,000 calories than you consumed! That's pretty impressive! And do the math -- if you lost 3 pounds a week (every week) in a year you'd lose over 11 stone!!!

That is so motivating for me Mel. Ive never really thought of it that way! Thank you! xx

well,not been around much this weekend,im really suffering with a cold,my head feels awful,i think everything is blocked! at least its completely killed any food craving,every cloud and all that!
just having my shakes and water,im only managing 2 ltrs of water,normally i drink 3 ,but just cant manage anymore at the moment.
its teacher-training day tommorrow,so shall make sure all homework is up to date and just have another quiet day,well as quiet as it can be! really need to sort my wardrobe out,but not today,hope everyone else is having a good weekend.x

Hi Ruby --
I hope you feel better soon. We had our teacher training day on the Friday, so DD worked on Homework today and got things sorted for tomorrow's back to school!

MM

well,my cold seems to have gone a bit today ,thank goodness.im going to try and have ust shakes/soups this week,to see if it does make any difference on my weight loss,i have a few bars in the cupboard ,if i feel the need to chew.
im just curious as to whether the bars do slow weight loss down.i shall see at the end of the week,guess a lot of it is down to the individual.
well,looks like another wet and grim day here,summer has got to start soon,feels like it has been winter forever.
well,see you later.x

Hi Ruby,

Wet and cold here as well (very cold). Brrrrr. I am glad you are feeling better.

The bars are higher in carbohydrates -- so limit them to one a day at the most. Oh and the CD books say that you have to up your water as well -- since they are dry (not soups or shakes).

I recommend cutting them up into little chunks, putting them in a little container and nibbling on them whist you enjoy a cuppa. It makes them last longer -- and as Beck instructs, "Chew each bite thoughtfully." ;)

I saw my CDC this morning (after water and coffee) and showed only a 1 pound loss for two weeks. I got enough packets for Sole Source and I think I am going to do this for the next week. I am also off to join the gym today (there is a special on that ends today).

Ruby, have you tried mix-a-mousse, yet. I absolutely LOVE it. It makes the shakes so filling and you can eat it "thoughtfully" using a tea spoon -- and make it last.

I hope you have a good day.

MM

hi mel,well done on the loss,i may try the MAM this week,is it easy to make?
i think im going to get the beck diet book ,as everyone seems to thing it good,i think with this diet you definately need to get your head in to the right frame. im hoping after this diet,i will be able to keep my weight in check,i dont want to keep getting on and off the dieting train,im hoping to maintain ,and if i see the weight creeping on ,change things quick!
mind you still got 3 and a half stones to get off,before i worry about that!

Hi Ruby,

I love the MAM -- it is so filling and I like the texture.

I used 150mls of very cold water in a tall mixing cup. I use my electric hand mixer (stick). One packet of CD shake with 1 scoop MAM (I open the packet add the MAM -- mix them together) then put them into the tall cup and blend away. I pour it into a size appropriate bowl (so it looks like a lot), refridgerate it for about 10 minutes and eat it with a teaspoon and enjoy every bite!

I recommend the Beck book -- I am fairly certain that it will help me with my long term maintenance.

That 3 1/2 stone will go very fast on CD -- I lost over four stone in about 14 weeks on LL in 2008.

MM

thanks for the MAM info mel,think i shall get some on friday,well todays been ok,still a bit snuffly and headachey but i think an early night will sort that out,had an extra bar today-oops! oh well its done now,i was looking in the cupboard and it just found its way into my mouth!
shall try tommorrow on just shakes. have been having them warm this week,so much nicer i think,its freezing here today,well thats all folks,v.boring day today! its far to quiet without children in the house.

Hi Ruby,

Is the headache not enough water?

And, did you eat a CD bar? Yuck. They made me physically ill. (You need more water if you have a bar instead of a drink -- I think the CD book said .25 liter.)

As my DD is back in school, I took advantage of a ten pounds for 10 days deal at the local leisure centre and having "gyming it". So, I've not been in much (as my filthy kitchen floor proves).

Do you like the CD soups? It is so cold here that I am planning a soup for dinner tonight. And, if I have a hungry night (as I might from being at the gym -- although, I did Pilates and some exercise equipment... not a marathon), I will will some low sodium bullion.

I hope all is well with you.

I am on day 11 Beck -- and really feel that it is helping me stayed committed and focused.

MM

oh dear,after feeling really ill the last few days,i ended up eating yesterday,and not very sensibly either,oh well guess ive just got to draw a line and move on.
im really mad with myself,but at the end of the day its done. i hope it doest show on the scales on friday,i will feel very embarrassed if i have to confess to my cdc.
i think it was just because i felt so ill with this cold ,i thought food might help to cheer me up-well that obviously didnt work,wont be doing that again!
right ,damage limitation now til friday.xx

Awww Ruby --

I am glad you are able to draw a line under it and move on. Your CDC has heard things like this many times -- so please feel free to share with her.

Again, I recommend the Beck book -- I am fairly certain that it would help your "build your resistance muscles" and not "your giving in ones" (Some Beck CBT stuff here). Seriously, I am finding it very helpful and plan to follow it through and refer back to it as needed. There'll be no passing this book along -- it'll be get your own copy.

I hope today is/was a better day.

MM

Me, too! Fingers crossed. MM

Good luck for you WI x

well,i lost a pound,not brill,but hey-ho!

going to dig my heels in this week,and stop faffing about!

Hi Ruby,

I do feel your pain. My last weigh in was for two weeks and it was two pounds. And, like you, I decided to make a real effort this week in order to see a better a loss. We CAN do this.

I hope you have a fab weekend -- and a loss is still a loss -- and we're headed in the right direction!

MM

well,not been the best start to my week,i had a big arguement with my mum about 2 weeks ago,and we have not spoken since,on saturday my little girl wanted to speak to her nanny ,so she rang her for a chat and i had a quick word to try and break the ice,we arranged that i would pop in with my little girl today before a dactors appointment.
well we nipped in today and it just resulted in another row,she made me cry in front of my daughter,so i have said that im not going round again,if she wants to see my children she is more than welcome to see them,but i will not be going to see her.
im really upset ,but cant keep going over the same old nonsense with her. its the anniversary of my dads death in a few weeks,and i wanted everything to be sorted but it looks as if its not to be.:(

Back