just do it!

well,i am determined to give it my all on this diet for the next few weeks,at least when im upset i lose my appetite, every cloud has a silver lining i suppose.xx

Hi Ruby,

I am so sorry. Is it possible that the approaching anniversary of your father's death is making your mother especially difficult? Maybe you just need to not respond to any thing she is saying... don't buy into it. You cannot get in a fight if one of you refuses to participate.

The sun is shinning, and I am grateful that you are not letting the stress of this situation sidetrack you. Good for you.

MM

thanks mel,i think she is quite a difficult person in general , im nearly 40 but she still treats me like a silly child,im certainly not getting into any more rows with her,she will have to argue with herself!

well,ive decided for lent,as the children are giving up biscuits,they do this every year,then have a big tin on eastersunday, i am going to be 200% on this diet,ive finally shifted this cold,and nothing else is going to stand in my way,im doing this week with no water flavourings,no milk and no picking!
so far im 2 shakes and 1.5 litres of water down. think i will have a soup later,leek and potato-only one ive tried,bit scared of the rest!
i still feel upset about this morning,but im sure il feel better soon.xx

Good idea Ruby! And, you could tell your mum that for Lent you are going trying behave as the "Prince of Peace" would want. ;)

MM

well,ive stuck to the plan like glue today,2 shakes ,1 soup,loads of water,black coffee and peppermint tea. yay go me!

now,rinse and repeat tommorrow!

well,ive stuck to the plan like glue today,2 shakes ,1 soup,loads of water,black coffee and peppermint tea. yay go me!

now,rinse and repeat tommorrow!

Morning Ruby --

Sounds as if you are doing fab! I hope the sun is shining on you, too!

Fantastic on sticking to plan!!! Feels good, doesn't it. What kind of soup? I had the Oriental Chili (my favourite) for dinner.

MM

i had the potato and leek soup, its the only one i have-is the chilli one nice? i had a chicken and mushroom once,never again!

Hi Ruby --

I really like the Oriental Chilli. It has a lot of flavour. I had the chicken and mushroom tonight. It is okay, but great -- but not too bad. I grind some pepper into it.

I hope you had a good day. I was so tired. DD got up with the sun (6:00 am) and woke me up.

MM

well,new week tommorrow,no weigh in til friday ,im having a bit of a stressful time at themoment,so not posting much,normal service will resume soon.x

Hi Ruby.

Sorry about the stress -- I hope things improve soon. I'll weigh tomorrow with my CDC, so I'll update my ticker then (hopefully).

MM

well,after a lot of thought and consideration,im having a few days of plan,im still low carbing,just have a lot of stuff going on right now.
im seeing my cdc on friday,when i shall stock up on products for ss ing on saturday. at the mo,im doing 2 shakes and a low carb meal in the evening,so hopefully not too much damage will be done.
im spending this week having my hair done,nails done and having a few sunbeds,just feel i deserve i bit of love at the minute.
im also ordering the beck book today,along with another couple of books i have seen mentiuoned on here.
at the end of the day,i am in this for the long haul,but really feel like i need a few days to just chill,and get my head straight.
i still have 3and a half stones to go,so will be cracking on with it from saturday.xx

Hi Ruby,

It sounds like a very good plan.

The Beck book actually has a person spending a couple of weeks just getting ready to diet. However, she does write that if you are already dieting then to work through all the pages in order, but you can move at more than a day, a day. It'll make more sense when you get the book.

I am big proponent of low carb, low gi -- I have posted on this forum how my DH started The South Beach Diet on January 2nd, the first day I "officially" started CD. He has lost 30 pounds (2 stone, 6) and two trouser sizes. He has gone from obese to a bmi of about 27. He has about another stone to lose, but he would be okay if he stopped and maintained at this point. He looks and feels amazing.

In the same time, I have lost about 20 pounds (1 stone, 10). I had less to lose and am female, but still? Not fair, eh? I am using meal replacements for the most part (with some 810 meals), and he is having real food everyday for everymeal. And, I am doing the shopping and cooking for his meals!

I hope you enjoy your pampering, I am going to see about book myself in for another "spa day" treat.

MM

well,books are ordered,hair cut,looks v.nice,had a fringe put in,it was either a fringe or botox!
im just enjoying chillaxing this week,looking forward to restarting at the weekend.

well,books are ordered,hair cut,looks v.nice,had a fringe put in,it was either a fringe or botox!
im just enjoying chillaxing this week,looking forward to restarting at the weekend.

Hi Ruby -

The Fringe is IN (fashion) and a lot cheaper! lol

Enjoy your Chillaxing Day!

MM

i relly am enjoying my few days off! i have to go to school today for my daughters open afternoon,see what she has been getting up to!
i will be restarting the diet on saturday,with a very clear head and with all guns blazing!

Hi Ruby,

How did the open afternoon go?

I had a busy day yesterday, so sorry I did not pop by (never turned on the computer -- I usually boot it up after DD has left for school).

Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and your family.

I am making mine the traditional Irish-American St. Pat's meal: Corned Beef, cabbage and new potatoes for dinner (but DH will have Sweet Potatoes as they are South Beach and the others are not).

I'll have a little corned beef and some green salad -- I am doing the Beck thing of putting too much food on my plate and resisting "overeating". I think I am going to have to do this a loooong time, until I get good with portion control when there is excess. (I have real issues about wasting food. I probably need to make another ARC on this issue.)

I hope your day goes well.

MM

the open-afternoon was fine thanks mel,some of dds work was on the classroom wall,so she enjoyed showing me that,she got to leave school 5 mins before her brother too,so that made her day!
just checked on amazon,and my beck book hasnt been dispatched yet,really hope it comes before the weekend.
i see my cdc in the morning,to get supplied and psyched-up!
i think this break has done me good,i needed a bit of time out,to think about things and get my head in the right place.
im actually looking forward to restarting,now i know its what i definately want to do ..

the open-afternoon was fine thanks mel,some of dds work was on the classroom wall,so she enjoyed showing me that,she got to leave school 5 mins before her brother too,so that made her day!
just checked on amazon,and my beck book hasnt been dispatched yet,really hope it comes before the weekend.
i see my cdc in the morning,to get supplied and psyched-up!
i think this break has done me good,i needed a bit of time out,to think about things and get my head in the right place.
im actually looking forward to restarting,now i know its what i definately want to do ..

Hi Ruby,

I think you will find Beck very helpful. you can breeze through the first few days, but do them in order until you get to the start your diet day, and then go day by day. I am on Day 20. I am finding it helpful... and I did LL in 2008, so I have already done some CBT and group work.

I am glad the Open Day went well. it is always nice to see that your children's hard work is recognized.

MM

well,i am so keen to get this diet restarted and shift some flab!
im going to have a busy friday with the kids ,then thats it saturday morning all systems go!
my mum came round earlier,the row wasnt mentioned ,but she doesnt do apologies anyway! i have been so upset over it all,ifeel its best just to let it go,she spent a bit of time with my dd,but ds was out,so may pop in tommorrow with both of them to her house,i shall see.
i just want things back to normal really,i cant bear it when we are not friends.

Morning Ruby!

Happy Friday and weekend to you!

ifeel its best just to let it go... just want things back to normal really,i cant bear it when we are not friends.

This is very "Beck-like" of you. Beck instructs to accept that the only people's behaviour that we an control is our own. That we do not always get treated the way we treat others, feel we should be treated, etc. and that we cannot change others, but what we can do is "Change how we feel about it." Well done... you are chosing to "let it go" because there is no "value added" in being upset. It is only hurting you.

I can see already that you have the skills to use the Beck book well and it'll be very helpful for you as you diet and maintain.

MM

Back