just do it!

its a beautiful day here,so am taking the children and dog out for a picnic and play! i shall be taking a tetra and a bottle of water.
my beck book arrived yesterday,and im hoping to start reading this afternoon,when hopefully everyone will be too worn out to pester me.
im planning on doing the days in order,so want to read up to day one today,ready to start tommorrow.today is my first day of ss,im feeling fine ,but its normally day 3/4 i find a killer!

Hi Ruby,

If you are already on a diet, then you can move through the days faster until you get where you are in the programme.

I hope you have a lovely day.

MM

yay,monday is finally here,just had my first shake and i shall be trying the chilli soup later and then a hot-choc this evening,i get weighrd on the first april,on friday i was 14 stones exactly,so would like to be somewhere in the lower 13 s by then,as long as i stick to my plan 100% and dont start wandering im sure i will be.

yay,monday is finally here,just had my first shake and i shall be trying the chilli soup later and then a hot-choc this evening,i get weighrd on the first april,on friday i was 14 stones exactly,so would like to be somewhere in the lower 13 s by then,as long as i stick to my plan 100% and dont start wandering im sure i will be.

Hi Ruby,

Happy Monday to you, too. I think below 13.5 stones is very doable on a first week. You tend to lose a lot when you first start between the gylcogen and water stores. So, good luck... the first few days I find to be very hard. But after ketosis kicks in, it gets easier.

MM

well,day 2 going well,still 100%,hopefully this is it now,no more messing about! just tried the chilli soup,it was ok,but think i will stick to my leek and pot one. i only have the soups occasionaly anyway,just when i crave something savoury,shakes i dont mind any of them.yummy.xx

i am feeling so positive at the moment,think i am going to finally stick to this plan,hey its took a few tries,but it all seems to have clicked in to place!
i cant wait to be nice and slim this summer! xx

Hi Ruby,

I love the Thai Chilli soup. The Leek and Potato one is nice, too.

I like the Choc Mint, Choc Orange and Butterscotch shakes the best. But, I prefer to make them into a mix-a-mousse (more filling).

Congrats on being in the right place -- so, here's to slimmer sunner for us all!

MM

slimmer summer-sounds good to me.
well,im still going strong,i havent read anymore of my beck,but will do tonight,i am reading my card 3 times a day though.
well im hoping ketosis is nearly here,im feeling very energetic and happy ,so maybe it already is.
todays menu will be,a vannilla shake + coffee,a leek and pot soup,then a hot choc before bed,washed down with lots of lovely water.x

Hi Ruby,

Very Beck: write out your food plan the night before, and then note how you feel after you've eaten your meals.

Mine is

oatmeal w/ 1/3 cup slivered almonds (breakfast)

South Beach Bar (lunch)

Dinner will be Parma Chicken and tossed salad -- (DH is on South Beach)

but I will probably have a CD soup or MAM as I do not eat ham and the recipe includes cheese, and I am trying avoid extra dairy.

I usually allow myself some nuts and/or a low fat cheese stick for a snack. But I am trying to NOT have any snacks -- as they have calories and I my losses are so slow.

I have my jug of flavoured water on the kitchen counter and I have to alternate water with coffee. (My Beck rule.)

I hope the sun is shining over where you are -- it is popping in and out here.

MM

Hi Ruby - I've just come across your diary and your situation sounds a lot like mine. I started on 1st February and have lost 21lbs. By rights I should be a bit more down by now but have mucked about a bit and have just started a fresh this monday after a week off plan because I wasn't that well last week. This is my 4th and last time on CD which in a way is making me more determined, I'm due to go to ascot in August and want to be in a lovely dress instead of saying - next year I will be thin enough. I've enjoyed reading your diary, good luck! xx

thanks poppygreendog,this is definately the last diet i want to do,
im really feeling different this week though,im very positive,maybe its the weather-who knows!
well,1 and a half shakes down,and 3 pints of water,im going for a sunbed session later,so will hold off on the water for a while. i know sunbeds are not good for you,but my fat loks so much better with a tan! lol.x

got yes so does mine, think I might book a sunbed for the weekend! Enjoy x

still lovely weather here,and i am loving this diet,guess im in the zone now,just have to make sure it stays that way.
ive just been trying some smaller size clothes on,still too tight,but hopefully it wont be too long before they fit, i have every size clothes in my wardrobes between 18 and 12s,as i grow out of the bigger ones,i am planning to send them the charity shop or chuck them out,never to be seen again!
this weather seems to make it easier for me to stick to the plan,and the thought of baring flesh as it gets warmer. well im going to sit in the garden for a while.xx

Hi Ruby,

It is sunny and warm here, too. Good plan... if yu get rid of the bigger clothes then it shows a real commitment to "not going back there". Soon, you'll be dropping sizes -- it seems to all of suddent happen.

I hope you have a lovely Friday! I am glad to hear that it is getting easier for you.

MM

well.hope everyone had a good weekend,we spent most of ours in the garden,in my smaller size jeans i must add! well,not sure if it was the smaller size jeans or what,but the diet slipped on saturday,i dont know whats wrong with me,i can be really good all week,but as soon as the weekend comes along i just cant do it.
not sure if its because hubby and kids are around or what happens.,the friday feeling comes over me and the diet just goes out of the window. im getting weighed on friday and really want a good loss, this is normally when i would go into hiding,feeling sorry for myself,but ive decided to confess on here.:(

Good that you confessed on here today. Hiding often leading to more cheating.

Now you have oconfessed.......you can get back on track. Keep at it - and be sure to keep reminding yourself of the easns why you are this. It's not easy and every little cheat is often an etra week added to the length of time you have to saty on plan!!

Good luck!

Hi Ruby,

As Beck would tell you: Draw a line under in and move on. Try to figure out how to not let it happen again. (Easier said than done... but working through the Beck book is really helping me.)

I hope you have a fab week!

MM

Hi Ruby,

Awww, you are making me blush. I am always worried that I come across as "bossy" (because I am a bit).

However, I am really finding Beck helpful (once I get past the self-concious feeling I have over some of the activities). I have the feeling that I'll be working Beck (or something similar) for sometime.

How was your day, better?

MM

Back