Just do it!

mama_mia

Silver Member
Hey there people

I LOVE exercise, but am doing so carp at this slimming world thing that I think that I need to start a diary.

I work out hard, spend a lot of time and effort planning and cooking my meals and then seem to go over my syns by a few every single day! So not cool, and so unproductive!

I need motivation to change so here goes..

Last edited:
So far today...

No breakfast

Cadburys dairy milk bar 5.5syns
A bite of Jerk chicken 4syns
Egg and chips
Satsuma x 3

Have just done my cook-up for the week. This is my favourite part of the week; full of hope that I will have a good week after putting all of the effort into the cooking etc. Somehow though I still manage to undo it all... :0(

Anyway, this weeks plan includes the following:-

Cottage pie
Jamaican Stewed beef, rice n peas and veg
Jamaican Roast pork, sauteed potatoes, salad
Teriyaki salmon and stir fry
Roast chicken and salad
Jamaican Curry chicken, rice and salad
Creamy Smoked salmon and broccoli tagliatelli
Sausage and mash

Ok, so dinner was ok-ish!

Had company so did a feast and ate well. Think I probably over-did it again but I had a good time.

Am looking forward to swinging in the morning. Na-night x x

a new day... a new way.

I have decided to 'tweak' things so that i get more results. this is what i plan to do this week...

1. have my full 15 syns per day (not one more!)
2. not have the flexi syn day that i have EVERY week... derrr!!
3. have at least 1 Red day this week
4. Save some syns for alcohol (2.5) but not have it until last thing so that i then dont start 'picking' afterwards. Theres something about alcohol and snacking that go hand in hand!

I have also decided to measure my EE meals in cups. That way i think i'll be able to better manage my portions of the meat/ fish and carbs.

OK, today i have had: -

Breakfast
scrambled eggs and beans

Lunch
rice n peas, roast chicken and pork, salad
light mayonnaise (2 syns)

Snack
cheese and onion pomme bears (1/4 pack) 1 syn
Moam sweet (1 syn)
Satsumas x 2

mama_mia said:
I have also decided to measure my EE meals in cups. That way i think i'll be able to better manage my portions of the meat/ fish and carbs.

OK, today i have had: -

Breakfast
scrambled eggs and beans

Lunch
rice n peas, roast chicken and pork, salad
light mayonnaise (2 syns)

Snack
cheese and onion pomme bears (1/4 pack) 1 syn
Moam sweets (2 syns)

Dinner
Same as lunch (2 syns)

Tomorrow I will have more fruit and water but I am pleased with my efforts today. It makes you feel good when you follow the plan, doesn't it! LOL

Ok, what was I saying about not having a flexi syn day each week! LOL

Hmm.... it was fun though!

Today was a good day...

Breakfast
3x bananas

Chomp 5.5
Pomme bears 3.5
Roast Pork 1.0
Rice and peas
Sweetcorn

Satsuma x 1

Cottage pie 3
Cadbury bar 5.5

Hex a cheese

Water

Dinner
Same as lunch (2 syns)

Tomorrow I will have more fruit and water but I am pleased with my efforts today. It makes you feel good when you follow the plan, doesn't it! LOL

Hey Mama:D

Yes, following the plan does feel good!

I know what you mean about having a flexi syn day every week, I sometimes feel I have too many of these, but we are allowed them so maybe we shouldn't worry?!

Your meal plan for this week sounds amazing! When do you have WI?

xx

evilpenguin said:
Hey Mama:D

Yes, following the plan does feel good!

I know what you mean about having a flexi syn day every week, I sometimes feel I have too many of these, but we are allowed them so maybe we shouldn't worry?!

Your meal plan for this week sounds amazing! When do you have WI?

xx

Hey penguin!
Thanks for the support.
I am great at meal planning, cooking and exercise, but not at following rules LOL

I am doing this alone but WI on a Tuesday morning bright and early!

I have stayed the same for about 3 weeks in a row and it is getting ridiculous. I know what I am doing wrong but don't seem to be changing for some reason.

I am putting a but more effort in now though as I like the feeling when I stick to the plan...sigh!

How are you doing with it all?

Cuddles x x

Well, today was quite a good day!

Breakfast
Banana

Snack
Pomme bears 3.5
Cadbury bar 5.5

Lunch
King prawns in bb sauce and boiled rice 5.0

Dinner
Stewed steak, rice and broccoli

Ok, today wasn't bad.

Got a promotion, got a cold and JUST stayed within plan! (kinda)

Banana
Mixed meat and boiled rice 5.0
Cadbury bar 5.5
Crisps 3.5
Birthday cake 5
Rice and mackrel
Ginger tea

Hey penguin!
Thanks for the support.
I am great at meal planning, cooking and exercise, but not at following rules LOL

I am doing this alone but WI on a Tuesday morning bright and early!

I have stayed the same for about 3 weeks in a row and it is getting ridiculous. I know what I am doing wrong but don't seem to be changing for some reason.

I am putting a but more effort in now though as I like the feeling when I stick to the plan...sigh!

How are you doing with it all?

Cuddles x x

Hey mama:D

What is it you think you're doing wrong? Looking at your food diary it seems fine, maybe just up the veg a bit! It can be frustrating when you keep staying the same :(

I'm doing ok thanks! Had a bit of a bad day yesterday, ended up picking at leftovers my mum had (mini spring rolls mmmmm) but I was just being greedy:eek: and I didn't count any syns in the alcohol I had....oops

Oh well start of a new week today lol:D

xxx

evilpenguin said:
Hey mama:D

What is it you think you're doing wrong? Looking at your food diary it seems fine, maybe just up the veg a bit! It can be frustrating when you keep staying the same :(

I'm doing ok thanks! Had a bit of a bad day yesterday, ended up picking at leftovers my mum had (mini spring rolls mmmmm) but I was just being greedy:eek: and I didn't count any syns in the alcohol I had....oops

Oh well start of a new week today lol:D

xxx

Well, I don't have enough veg (well noted), and I don't have my hexa's or b's and count them as syns instead.

Being wheat intolerant means I have to have gluten free stuf which is higher in syns than normal stuff. E.g. My bread is 5.5 per slice so I can only have 1 slice, whereas you cld probably make a sandwich with a 400g loaf. Who wants half a sandwich on rubbish, dry bread? Not me tar. Lol

Also I am lactose intolerant and hate anything milky looking with a passion. I do love cheese though but what is cheese without bread?

I am also allergic to most fruit so tend to stick to the same 'safe' ones. I am fussy too and only really like fruit from marks and spencers; not because I am poosh but because it always tastes nice. This means I have to be super organised to get to fruit in advance so that I don't miss out on that too. Sigh.... Sorry you asked??? Lol

I dunno...I guess I just have to keep on looking for alternatives so that my diet is balanced.

Now veg I CAN do lol

Well, I don't have enough veg (well noted), and I don't have my hexa's or b's and count them as syns instead.

Being wheat intolerant means I have to have gluten free stuf which is higher in syns than normal stuff. E.g. My bread is 5.5 per slice so I can only have 1 slice, whereas you cld probably make a sandwich with a 400g loaf. Who wants half a sandwich on rubbish, dry bread? Not me tar. Lol

Also I am lactose intolerant and hate anything milky looking with a passion. I do love cheese though but what is cheese without bread?

I am also allergic to most fruit so tend to stick to the same 'safe' ones. I am fussy too and only really like fruit from marks and spencers; not because I am poosh but because it always tastes nice. This means I have to be super organised to get to fruit in advance so that I don't miss out on that too. Sigh.... Sorry you asked??? Lol

I dunno...I guess I just have to keep on looking for alternatives so that my diet is balanced.

Now veg I CAN do lol

That sucks mama! I'm sure there are other gluten free B choices you could have instead like porridge or soup? Haha I could eat cheese on it's own, doesn't need bread! You should try it with grapes mmmmm :D unless you can't eat grapes:(

Oh! I did a search and found this, you've probably seen it already but here it is http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/240745-healthy-b-gluten-free.html

Well if you can't have more fruit then it's good that you can have veg!!! Get eating it:D I think if you started having proper A's and B's you would see a difference and not stay the same as much! They are really important on this plan!

xxx

evilpenguin said:
That sucks mama! I'm sure there are other gluten free B choices you could have instead like porridge or soup? Haha I could eat cheese on it's own, doesn't need bread! You should try it with grapes mmmmm :D unless you can't eat grapes:(

Oh! I did a search and found this, you've probably seen it already but here it is http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/240745-healthy-b-gluten-free.html

Well if you can't have more fruit then it's good that you can have veg!!! Get eating it:D I think if you started having proper A's and B's you would see a difference and not stay the same as much! They are really important on this plan!

xxx

Lol.. That made me chuckle.

Yes I can have grapes... But where's the crackers eh? (There's no pleasing some people) LOL

I haven't seen the link so thanks for sending it... That's kind of you.

I'll take a look and let you know if I get success.

Forgot to mention I'm allergic to oats too. LOL

evilpenguin said:

xxx

I can have a mini ciabatta thingy! I actually haw some in the cupboard but didn't know what to have them with.

I am on EE, can I still put something like tuna and salad in one or is that wrong??

Yay, I'm excited now....

Yeah one of those ciabattas with tuna would be your B choice and the tuna is free on EE as long as it's not in oil. Throw in your cheese for the healthy A choice and toast it :D mmm I want one!! Oh and have it with a side salad and slimming world chips :drool:

Xxx

evilpenguin said:
Yeah one of those ciabattas with tuna would be your B choice and the tuna is free on EE as long as it's not in oil. Throw in your cheese for the healthy A choice and toast it :D mmm I want one!! Oh and have it with a side salad and slimming world chips :drool:

Xxx

LOL... I love the way you got so excited there

I'd love to have it as a snack (maybe elevenses), is that ok? Or so I have to have it as part of a full meal?

Back