Just done my first week!!

Yolande

Silver Member
Hi all, I made the the choice to give the CD a try after tipping the scales at a whopping 20st o.5lb (im 26 and 5"8) i found the first 4 days HELL but it got a bit easier.. Had my first weigh in yesterday but didnt start until 2 days after my 1st weigh in but still managed a 9lb loss in 5 days almost fell over!! It has really motivated me!! I really want this to be the road to a new slimmer me but with so much weight to lose i do have the fear of saggy skin esp on my stomach and i dont want to put myself tthrough all this if i just end up putting it all on again, but i have been assured if done correctly with all the steps to maintenance i will be fine. Also im struggling to drink so much water i hope it gets easier =D Would love a buddy or people to talk to as i go through this that are going through the same as not many people think this is the best way to go.. which is easy for them to say as they have no weight problems!!

Hi Yolande,
i used to struggle in the 1st few days with all the water, ive gotten a little used to it now. Im doing exante diet (same sort of thing as cambridge). Im in my 2nd wk today and i lost 10lbs in the 1st wk!!
Keep going at it, it will be so worth it in the end!!

10lbs in your first week WOW thats great =D From what i have read on here is that it does get easier and i know what i want to achieve so im putting everything i have in it and sticking to it!! Good-luck to you too.

Yolande said:
Hi all, I made the the choice to give the CD a try after tipping the scales at a whopping 20st o.5lb (im 26 and 5"8) i found the first 4 days HELL but it got a bit easier.. Had my first weigh in yesterday but didnt start until 2 days after my 1st weigh in but still managed a 9lb loss in 5 days almost fell over!! It has really motivated me!! I really want this to be the road to a new slimmer me but with so much weight to lose i do have the fear of saggy skin esp on my stomach and i dont want to put myself tthrough all this if i just end up putting it all on again, but i have been assured if done correctly with all the steps to maintenance i will be fine. Also im struggling to drink so much water i hope it gets easier =D Would love a buddy or people to talk to as i go through this that are going through the same as not many people think this is the best way to go.. which is easy for them to say as they have no weight problems!!

Good luck yolande on your journey, it is hard at the beginning, but once you see the weight drop off it will motivate you to keep going! I started off at 21 stone 11lbs and am at the moment 18 stone 5 its taken me a while as I cheated and always think if I had stuck to it I could be 6 stone lighter by now!!! So I am now on track and will loose it!!!
Well done on your 9lb loss that is great keep it up! Have you got a diary as that sometimes help you get things off your chest!!!

Thanks so much =D yes this is possibly the hardest thing i have had to do ever did not realise how much food actually ruled my life =S I think i may just start a diary as reading everyone elses on here really motivates me! Good luck to you too you we will do it!!!!

Hi Yolande

I'm in the same position as you, i started on Monday and weigh on Saturday...I really hope I have as big a loss as you - That's amazing!
I haven't weighed at home so i can have a nice surprise on Saturday! Although I did measure my waist today and i've lost a whopping 4 inches in 4 days - woo hoo!

Can you see the difference already in your figure from the weight loss? I am 5'9" so i reckon we will have a similar loss each week, it would be good to keep up with you to see how you are going!

I am feeling not too great at the moment, i just hope this feeling will pass after 5 days!

Good luck!

xoxo

Hey Ladies

Hey ladies.. i started on monday. But im doing the shake for breakfast and dinner and chicken and veg for tea. i cant cope with no food at all. i did it this way before and lost 4 stone :) finding it so hard to drink the water so i make my shakes with loads more does anyone else? Im 5ft 8 and 18 stone. had my baby girl end of september so i need to get it off! :)

Hey SazzleDazzle im very sure you will have a good loss on your first 5 days, when she told me i lost 9lb it was such an amazing feeling really gave me a boost so i hope it will do the same for you!! Everyone kept saying after day 3 it gets easier for me it didnt i think it was only day 6 i felt really ok i think i was properly in ketosis then as my tongue got dry and i automatically drank more water without having to force it down im now in day 9 and the hunger has stopped and i feel really good.. I also dont weigh myself at home didnt measure myself either but yeah i can tell now already my clothes are a bit looser =D Would be great to keep up with you too and see how you getting on.

Hey ladies.. i started on monday. But im doing the shake for breakfast and dinner and chicken and veg for tea. i cant cope with no food at all. i did it this way before and lost 4 stone :) finding it so hard to drink the water so i make my shakes with loads more does anyone else? Im 5ft 8 and 18 stone. had my baby girl end of september so i need to get it off! :)

Hey :) I REALLY struggled to drink the water but by day 6 i just wanted more and could drink 3l a day without wanting to gag. A few people do SS+ and have great losses too i only chose to do SS as i had to have a break from food i was far to addicted! I have the ready made shakes first day i gagged but now i actually really enjoy them. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

Hi Yolande,

Good news! I just weighed in this morning and I have dropped an amazing 10 pounds in 5 days, I'm so excited!

Did you measure yourself too? I can really see the difference on the tape measure, I really feel like it's making a difference!

I have just got to stick with it, I really want to stay on ss for at least 12 weeks till I go on holiday. If I can manage that, then I will hopefully have lost 3 stone. It is tough. I keep thinking about it being the weekend and that I want to go out for dinner, then I remember that I'm on a diet and can't eat a thing! In the past I would have just cheated so I guess that this is a good thing! Plus my boyfriend has lost some weight too....how annoying! He's not even on a diet!

How have you all gone this weekend?

xoxo

WOOOO HOOOOO Well done!!!! 10lbs in 5 days is amazing!!! Does it not just boost you to want to stick to it!!I didnt measure myself but i think i will tomorrow so i can watch the inches go too... weekends for me are the hardest my will power really gets tested and although i dont feel hungry any-more i still think about food which is why i want to do my best to stay on ss for the 12 weeks, dont know if i will add a meal (ss+) for a week just to get some food like many people do or try stick it out with none.. Do you want to do ss 100% the whole 12 weeks or do you think you wud do ss+ for a week? But its just like you said you dont want to cheat.. im the same before i would of said sod it and had the weekend off but now i really dont want to which for me is a miracle in itself =D Again well done with the amazing loss!!! and to your boyfriend too without even trying lol

2nd WI tomorrow and its TOTM so hope im not to dissapointed =D Still now cheats WOOP WOOP!!!

Well done for sticking to it yolande! I'm impressed, and very much looking forward to your results on the scales tomorrow!

I think I'm going to stick to ss for at least 3 weeks, then see if I can stick to it week by week. I was going to do the 12 weeks, but I think it may be a bit too tough!

I've been to a yoga class today and it's made me feel loads better, refreshed and motivated! How are you doing today?

What do you reckon you will do? Are you going to stick it out for 12 weeks on ss?
And don't forget to measure yourself before the weigh in! Then you'll really be able to see the difference :)

Thanks sazzledazzle my 2nd weigh in was -4lb which was more than i even expected cos its TOTM so thats 13lb in 12 days im very pleased with that =D Just really wishing now i had measured myself last week cos i can feel a difference in my clothes so i know i lost inches (especially around my butt and thighs) buying a tape measure today and from now on will check my measurments too.

I also set out to do the whole 12 weeks ss but the thought of that is actually not something i can really imagine doing right now so i figured im going to do it week by week and see how i feel and if it gets unbearable will make sure that if i slip up its only with the allowed food on ss+ but im really going to try my best to do ss for 4 weeks atleast and then see week to week. I am just very proud of myself for sticking to it 100% so far i have more will power than i thought ha ha

Oh i just bought a yoga and pilates dvd which im getting started on today so im very glad you said it made you feel better.

WOO HOO!!!

Congratulations!! I'm so proud!!
4lbs is such a great loss, that's amazing, you must feel so good. It's amazing to think that you have lost almost a stone in just 2 weeks and aren't even feeling hungry!

I can't wait to weigh in now, I want to see if I can get as good a loss as you!

If you do the yoga dvd make sure you drink plenty of water, I woke up today with a stonking headache from the class last night, but feeling okay now (i've drunk 3 litres already today!)

I like the idea of trying to go for 4 weeks, I might join you on that one. I said 3 initially as my friend mike did the plan and managed 3 weeks, and told me it was hell, and I thought I'd try at least to do the same as him! Now I kind of feel like it will be a choice rather than a feeling of desperation and hunger, so making it to 4 weeks will be a real acheievement, something that I never thought I could do before I started the plan.

Good look with the yoga moves today! :)

xoxo

Hey Yolande, well done on your success so far, you are doing brilliantly you are on target for being at goal by the time you go to SA, are you from SA originally if so what part? thought we could spur each other on as our end goal is pretty similar so that we can look hot in SA in Dec 2012. Ill be going to Durban as that is where my bf is from, we have a 6mth old that is yet to meet his SA family.

Happy dieting xxx

Thanks Sazzledazzle =) I think its going to work out easier for me to think of it week to week and having weekly WI spurs me on and i like the thought of it being my decision to go up to ss+ if i wanted and not because i was desperate for food, i have read so many peoples posts and they have managed to stick to ss for 24 weeks no cheats having only 1 week at 810 half way through will power of steel they have!!

I look forward to hearing your next WI result, i like on here that everyone is happy and excited for everyone it really helps =)

Hey Sas28 thanks your doing brilliantly too =) Yip i am from SA (JoBurg) been in the UK 8 years now go home every dec tho but missed this last one as i was in Aus so when i get back it will be 2 whole years since seeing my fam and friends there and i want to have transformed so that at the airport they dont even recognise me =D Wud be great to spur eachother on seeing as we have the same goal for the same destination ha ha ha and Durban in dec is lovely and hot and you and your little one will love it!! When is your WI day?

I get weighed on Wednesdays, but I'm not getting weighed this Wednesday as bf is in SA at the moment so I'm staying at my mums as I need help with baby and dog. When is yours?

Mine is on mondays even though i actually started on a wednesday =)

Back