Just entered a 10k run!

Jenny809 said:
Seeing the weight coming off is my motivation as I firmly believe it's the exercise I'm doing not my diet (sw). I took a while to get into it but have the bug now. I started walk/run and slowly increased it. I then did routes from my house (kingswood) which included some hills which was unbelievably tough but has since helped my pace. Now when I run on the cycle track I can go faster, literally the last few weeks. So hill practice is key I think, makes flat runs easier! I did 5&1/4 miles in 51mins tonight ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

See that would normally motivate me but I've managed to drop a dress size but not had much luck weight wise it's sorta slow and steady and sometimes none existent which is slightly depressing!

See I can motivate myself to do 2milea usually but struggle to push myself much further than that I give up and take the short cut home! Lol!

Deary me! Xx

Mizkirsty said:
See that would normally motivate me but I've managed to drop a dress size but not had much luck weight wise it's sorta slow and steady and sometimes none existent which is slightly depressing!

See I can motivate myself to do 2milea usually but struggle to push myself much further than that I give up and take the short cut home! Lol!

Deary me! Xx

When I start struggling, I picture myself in a lovely little dress and chant 'size 12 in 2012' ha, ridiculous but works for me. It took 6 months to get into it tho. Are you a diet too?

Yeah I'm cc ATM but mainly do Sw! I use to go to the kingswood group on a Monday night at 5!!! I've lost over 4 stone!

I dunno I need to get my head in it so ie bought myself some new trainers as a subscription for women's running I'm hoping it's gonna motivate me really but you never know!

I'm fine if I have someone to go with its when I'm alone I get a bit meh with it all! :(

At this rate illnever be ready for the 10k! Xx

It's a small world! I don't go to a group, doing it myself from home. 4 stone is amazing, well done you!!

Just keep going hun, you'll get there. I went through a meh phase too, quite often really. It's hard blimin work this loosing weight/getting fit malarkey!! :)

I went for my club run tonight 4miles 60mins but I must have run faster bc the stops were much longer bc I wasn't the slowest tonight in fact there was a few much slower than me!!!! So I reckon my pace was quicker tonight which has put a smile on my face :)

Xx

Mizkirsty said:
I went for my club run tonight 4miles 60mins but I must have run faster bc the stops were much longer bc I wasn't the slowest tonight in fact there was a few much slower than me!!!! So I reckon my pace was quicker tonight which has put a smile on my face :)

Xx

Yay, well done! Feels good doesn't it :)

Do you find a running club helpful? There's one near me on a thurs, am thinking about joining, not sure tho!

Yes! It's social it's interesting new routes plus the coaches give you great tips! I love it!

I'm not sure is be running as far without it I would highly reccommend it! Xx

I often see a running group out on the cycle track on a thurs, no idea how to find who they are etc. Don't want to stop them running and haven't quite mastered running and chatting yet!

I googled running clubs and found the one nearest one xxx

Back