Just fed the wheelie bin

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
My Granny would turn in her grave at the sight of all the goodies I ahve just put in the wheelie bin. It's no good though. I ahve tried to use will power since Boxing Day. I have none. Well actually, I ahve quite alot or there would have been none left. But I don't ahve enough to leave them alone, soi they ahve gone, gone, gone!! The only way. Now I really will start fresh tonmorrow!!

Lynda

I used to have a real problem with throwing food out, and although I try not to where possible I remember something I once heard which rang true: Eating something unnecessarily is still wasting food- so you may as well throw it away if you don't really need/want it

xxx

Well done u, i am just avoiding our sweet cupboard ha i cant throw goodies away cos its not fair on my 3 kids or other half, so im hoping my will power will kick in xx

I just did the same - not much there though. Cashew nuts and cream crackers, but they kept calling to me and needed to be silenced. If OH wanted them he should have hidden them away as agreed. He seems farly determined to lose weight at the moment too though, so I've done him a favour really. lol

He he LD. I know what I'm like. I had to tip them all out, make sure that they went to the bottom, and put the rubbish from the kitchen on top. Been there before fishing a box of chocs out of the wheelie bin. My kids weren't happy when they woke up this morning. They are only 7 and 9, but they have visibly put on weight over christmas. They haven't gone mad, and it's not fair, but they definitely have my inherited metobilism. Thay need to cut the crap from today too. Little one can't do her skinny jeans up and is upset. It's hard to get balance right between making them obsessed and ensuring they understand about healthy eating and weight gain. They are happily playing on the wii now. The only thing I didn't chuck is the christmas box of biscuits. I know that normally, I can eat those in a controlled way, if I have syns left. They can have those as treats too. I've got a wii fit on order. Only £60.00 for the plus and board. I've got my fitness coach on wii. ANd once kids are back at school, I can get back to jogging and gym. (I actually can't imagine breaking in to a jog at all. It was only 12 days ago I did 6K in half hour so sure I can get back there) I WILL start 100% today. I WILL wear a bikini in Tenerife in April. I Wil will will.

Lynda

I threw out everything that was near the sell by date, I put some things in the freezer, and what was left we used up by yesterday - we do have lots of cheese left though, especially stilton (I love it!!!) - but my DH will gradually eat that, so my fridge is SW friendly again today......

Our consultant always asks us before Chrismas to bring in any 'unwanted' boxes of chocolates etc to her, and she passes them on to a local charity, which is great.

I just wish that it COULD be easy for the rest of us to pass on unwanted food somewhere that it would be made use of. Not that we really have much ourselves - we Do tend to eat it rather than throw it away. Sorry cocktailprincess, but you are absolutely right that doing so is JUST as much of a 'waste!'

BUT if the major supermarkets can't get rid of their vast quantities of 'waste' except to landfill, and with all the Health and Safety regulations, I don't see what we, as individuals can really do - except NOT buy it in the first place!

When my Gran was in an old people's home I tried giving away stuff. They didn't want it. Apprently the olduns get enough rubbish as it is, and they need it even less than us. Just sitting around all day!

Lynda

I think there is nothing wrong with throwing non nutritious foods away, but I might see if i can find a home for my shelled nuts xx

Nop. Resolve would be to be able to ahve it in the house. HAving to tip in to a wheelie bin is very weak I think. But at least I did that and didn't eat it. Day 1.

Lynda

I have no will power. If I have the things in the house I will eat them, with no moderation whatsoever, esp if I'v had a bad day!

Hmmm...I started back on plan today and as a result threw out most of the contents of my fridge! Went on a huge shop yesterday buying all the good fruits and veg that I have neglected over Christmas (hangs head in shame!)
I would rather throw food out than be tempted, especially in the first week of sticking to plan, so well done you!!
x

Sadly my method of getting rid of all the junk left after Christmas involved me eating it. :(

Back