just for me really...

thanks new me, good luck to you :) (i saw you on the march challenge, you're doing fab!)

eek, it's weigh in today. haven't weighed myself for two weeks as i didnt go to the gym at all last week (tut) so i'm not particularly hopeful. but i dont feel as though i've gained, which is better than nowt! am back on the gym wagon though, and raring to go. i think it's fine to have the odd week long blip, as long as you pick yourself back up and dust yourself off quickly, without letting it escalate into a black, gymless hole. if that makes sense?

wish me luck! :)

well now.

i weighed myself last night, before my work out. the normal machine i use had run out of receipt paper (typical) so i asked a buff guy if he knew how to use the slidey slidey scales (the ones where you have to move bits and make it balance-apparently the most accurate) and

I'VE LOST THREE LB!!!!!!!! WTF???

i did have a small food poisoning type episode at the weekend, so hopefully it's not all down to that, but as long as i keep it off it doesnt really matter does it?? heeeheee!

anyway, it's amazing how a good loss can make you go a bit hardcore at the gym. i'm even more determined to get the rest of this chubb toned up now!!

oooh, i'm healthy!! my bmi is HEALTHY!!!! yay!

and nearly half way there.....................

results of last night's weigh in::

1lb off! woop woop!

now am really on a roll - am exactly half way there now. 11lb off and 11lb to go!

plus i am 1lb off being the lightest i've been in 10 years! now that will be an achievement.

i'm really surprised at the change in my mentality this time around. something just feels different. whereas before when i'd lose half a stone or so i'd slack off on the exercise once i'd lost a bit (which would inevitably lead to me eating more and re-gaining) this time with each pound i lose, i push myself harder at the gym. i have my review at the gym next wednesday, so i'm going to ask for toning advice to try and rid myself of the bingo wings and flubber-type belly.

woo! i'm buzzing!! (plus i'm nearly in my target pants! eee!)

yay half way!! you'll get there in no time now.
I really want to join a gym but I am having trouble finding one with a creche. So any advice you get about bingo wings pass it on!! :D:D

lol, no problem. i imagine it will involve weights and painful muscles, but no pain no gain, etc etc!

david lloyd gyms have a creche. they are a little expensive - i pay about £60 a month, but i figured i'd only be spending it on food or alcohol any way and it's a small price to pay for my health and confidence!

Right I will go see if we have any Dacid Llyod gyms in my neck of the woods. Thanks for that my lovely! :D

good luck!

ps. jeez, lind - youre doing incredibly well! look how much you've lost! you must be getting loads of compliments.

none of my mates have noticed haha, but they are all boys so i dont expect them to lol.

I'm getting a few compliments, my hubby is loving it. But some of my friends don't really say anything, one friend just wants to tell me how much she is loosing but she isn't if you know what I mean. My mother in law keeps buying me cakes!! lol

thanks, new me - youre doing great too. over a stone in a month?? you must be buzzing!

i had a small sized blip last night.

had a convo with my lil sis about losing weight etc - introduced her to minimins, so she should be lurking somewhere. we were discussing how the thing that is hardest for us to tackle is thinking as our diets as 'a diet' and not a complete lifestyle change.
in the past if i've slipped up and had a bag of chips or binged on choccy, i've often thought 'well sod this! my diets ruined!' and then proceeded to scran down for a number of weeks afterwards. what i'm finding it difficult to condition myself to do is realise that it's not a failed diet if you have a bag of chips - it's you having an unhealthy meal, but it's not going to make you put on weight, or even stop you losing it if you stop at just the one!

i'm rambling a bit now, but what i'm trying to put into perspective (even if it's just in my own head!!) is that a lb of flesh (or fat, or whatever) is equal to about 3500 cals. there's no way one meal or one chocolate bar will equate to that, so why should i feel like a failure if i eat something unhealthy?

anywho. my blip came after this revelation. in fact, i shouldnt even call it a blip. it's my choice, and i chose to eat some dark orange chocolate. it was DELICIOUS. i had 4 squares and it made it taste all the more lovely because i stopped and didnt eat the whole huge bar. i am now quite proud of myself and have realised that if i savour the moment, eat slowly and actually taste the chocolate on my tongue then i eat less of it. i notice that if you just shovel it down you dont even taste it and then you feel horrendous!

there. i've managed to turn my 'blip' into a positive! well done me, and i hope i can apply the same techniques with everything.

tonight we're going for a team builing exercise with work. it's a night at belle vue dogs - we get a sit down 3 course meal with £10 fee bets and drinks vouchers. i'm off alcohol for the time being, but the menu is awful! the only healthy thing on it is a greek salad, as a starter. so i'm going to try a bit of intuitive eating - fill up on my greek salad starter and then when i'm full, i'm full. it's not like i'm paying for it, so i wont feel obliged to scoff the lot!!

wish me luck!

rubbish

have not weighed for two weeks but i did last night. although i've barely strayed once from the diet, i have not lost at all.

i guess this must be plateau time.

i have decided to be more strict will myself and will be calorie counting for a few weeks and cutting out alcohol completely. guess i just have to be patient and push through it - i'm still only half way - can't give up now!!

Still am feeling relatively good about myself at the moment. i'm in the place where all my clothes are a little loose and look much better than they used to.

a lot of people have been complimenting me on how well i'm looking - but not focussing on the weight, which i'm really happy about. i hate it when people exclaim 'wow, you've lost weight, you look fab!!' just shows that a lot of people equate a little excess weight with 'not fab'.

any who, here's to next monday, when i will hopefully have started losing again - nothing like a plateau for sapping the willpower! i'm hoping to lose a couple of pounds this week - i've got the april challenge to complete, and i've only lost a quarter of my target with one 1/4 weeks to go. eek!

wish me luck.............

Hi, have you been exercising? You may be replacing fat with lean muscle.
Muscles does weight the same as fat it is just smaller in volume. have you taken your measurements recently? You may find that you have lost in inches rather than pounds.
I have been off my diet since Easter and I am going to give myself a huge kickc up the bum on Monday and really get back into it.
It's good people are noticing that you are looking well, it gives you a little boost to keep you on the right track.

yeah, i have been exercising. and to be honest i kinda suspected it might be the muscle thing, because i had my review at the gym a couple of weeks ago and i've decreased the cardio and increased the weights, so i imagine that is it. i shouldn't really obsess about what the scales say, but it is disappointing when you've worked so hard not to see obvious results.

thanks for your words of wisdom hun, and good luck with jumping back on the wagon - i'm here if you need any encouragement! you've done so well thus far! t'would be a shame to lose track now.

am just going to push myself at the gym a bit more - and be very rigid with my 1500 cals a day. (i decided to stick to that, coz although it's not mega low it gives me somewhere to go if i plateau again) fingers crossed i don't!!

- rhuba x

I've broken the plateau!!

wooo!

-2lb for me as of yesterday!

i'm so pleased that i've stuck to this, despite not losing. i've been feeling pretty frustrated, as if it's not gona happen ever. but all my hard work has paid off, and now i'm past the half way point!!

only 9lb to go to goal! woo!

hellloooo.

i had pierce move my thread, since i have a lot of support in cc now (as well as from the lovely lind :) )

as well as weigh in stuffs i'll post yummy recipes and make it a foody diary sorta thing as well :)

any one is welcome to comment, shout, support etc.

last night i went to the gym and the bloody scales weren't working! grrr! i am pretty sure those pesky 2lb have gone, as, hopefully have a couple more- just need to kick start these losses again, as not seen much change for well over a month now. i was doing so well!

i kicked myself into touch at the weekend, for beating myself up about the amount of vodka i drank on saturday night. i haven't drank anything for over a month, and it was a friend's birthday so i will not make myself feel bad about having fun for one night only. i stuck to my cals the following day, and am back on the wagon so one night is not going to ruin my diet.

see. progress :)

anywho, have decided to stick to 1300 for a couple of weeks as need to keep going. surprisingly i 've found it much easier to stick to than i first thought, and have even had to make concerted efforts to get my cals as high as this! i do worry that i'm not taking in enough. last night i enjoyed some dairy milk (one of those skinny bars - i freeze them and it takes me about 1/2 hour to eat om nom nom!)

so all in all, i'm feeling pretty positive. hopefully the scales will be fixed tomorrow and show a decent loss :)

Back