just for me really...

Have you tried using measurements to track progress too? It's really useful for when you know you've lost weight but the scales say otherwise.

I've found it hard to get my calories up as well lately - I have such a good list of yummy low cal snacks I don't need any more food. Just tucking into two riveta with a heap of cottage cheese on top - only 130 the lot. :)

i didn't measure myself to start with, which i'm a bit annoyed about tbh. i wish i had now. i suppose startig now will help me track my progress from now. i'll get the oh to measure me up when i get home :)

I was triggered into action when I read a BBC news report about the link between heart attacks and a waist measurement over 35 inches - which mine was. I'm 34.5 inches now :eek:

yeeehaw!

i knew it! i am -3lb this week!

wooooooooooooo! :D

i could feel it (plus i knew that 2lb gain last week must have been an anomaly) the scales at the gym were fixed, and i got on them in hopeful anticipation - i'm 11st 1lb! oh my god. i am so close to my 11st barrier that i don't know what to do with myself. *must not self-sabotage*

for years i have been losing and gaining the same 1.5st and my goal was always 11st dead. at my biggest about 6 years ago i weighed 13st then i lost one, then i regained half, then i lost one, then i regained half then another and it's been up and down ever since. :sigh:

each time i upped my exercise and started eating healthier i felt like i was learning more about myself - like i was a step closer to a lifestyle change. but each time i knew that i would regain at least a little of what i had lost. i would tell myself that if i kept half of it off then it would be fine. the lowest i ever got was 11st 3lb last summer. then i regained a stone when me and the oh bought a house. obviously. i told myself take aways were okay (every night) and all the alcohol was just because it was christmas, even though i was still drinking every night well into february! :copon:

i really feel like i have turned a major corner this time. getting into the 10s was always a nice little daydream for me, and now i've only got 2lbs to go! i know i can do it, and i know i can get to 10.5st. and i know i can stay there. this is a big revelation for me and i'm finally on the road to sorting out my demons for good before it got completely out of hand.

there are so many people on this site wo have lost and maintained huge amounts of weight and they are incredibly inspiring. i'm just glad that i found this site, and read their stories and took heed, before i let my yo-yoing get out of control.

i know i'm not there yet, but i think by realising all this stuff i have taken a big step in my little journey. just can't wait to begin maintenance!

:D:D:D

Hugs to rhuba x well done lovely x

congrats rhuba, you've done so well!

im really hoping you will still be around here when i start my calorie counting properly - i think u have a really healthy attitude towards deiting and food and hopefully i can learn a thing or two from you!

thank you muchly darling :)

i'm pretty sure that i'll still be knocking around. this site has really helped me - i really think that if i'd gone it alone like all times before i would have given up already!

i'm gonna be calorie counting for months - even if it's not to lose weight. i reckon if you do it sensibly and lose your excess weight slowly and steadily that it's the most healthy way. i'm also trying to train myself to think more healthily as well. i can see how easy it is just to want instant results and maybe resort to less healthy ways of losing weight to get them, but what's the rush? even if you've got an event or holiday to look forward to, you'll still look tons better through having lost a bit, if not all.

i'm doing it for me this time, not for my holiday, or for a big doo. and i think to have a heathy mental attitude is absolutely instrumental in getting and keeping it off.

sorry for the ramble, i hope i do help you miss :)

here's to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight! woo! x

i reckon if you do it sensibly and lose your excess weight slowly and steadily that it's the most healthy way. i'm also trying to train myself to think more healthily as well. i can see how easy it is just to want instant results and maybe resort to less healthy ways of losing weight to get them, but what's the rush?

That's my philosophy too. In fact I see quick weight loss as largely superficial - we all know people who quicky lost weight... last time. It's like the old quip
"Giving up smoking is easy - I've done it lots of times".

You're right - It's got to be a "me" thing too. We can support each other but we need to be doing this for ourselves.

indeedy alicia - great to see there's plenty of sensible losers lol :)

i figure i've got the rest of my life to be slim, so if it takes a year, what's that in relation to the rest of my life??

anywho...onwards and downwards! or, in my case, upwards - i'm off to wales for a wonderful weekend of walking. got a few planned out -going to walk up snowdon tomorrow thena couple more on sunday and monday. fingers crossed the weather improves!

have been feeling a bit stuffy with a muggy head recently and feel like i just need a bit of fresh air. i love staying by the sea. my parents have a caravan in abersoch, across the road from the beach and have done since i was a baby. whenever i go there i sleep like a log! i guess it's the sea air. nowt like a refreshing walk on a windy beach to blow away the cobwebs :)

gonna weigh in on tuesday next week instead of monday coz i'll still be in aber - plus i weighed in wednesday this week, so it'll make it more fair. hopeful my walks with burn off some extra cals as well as freshen me up a bit :) :)

have a good weekend everyone! xx

Heyyyyy found your diary thread thing :D. Have a great weekend and enjoy those cobwebs being blown out :D

Have a good holiday Rhuba.

thanks guys, am really looking forward to it!

enjoy your bank holidays as well (keep up all the good work!)

xx

hello FGS! course i don't mind, tis just my ponderings and weight-related gubbins but youre welcome to comment and join in!

well, let's get the weigh-in over with. unfortunately i stayed the same this week. :cry: i was a bit silly and drank a litre of water just before i weighed myself though! didn't really think that it might affect it at all, but my boyf informed me that a litre of water weighs a kilo :eek:

i did eat more than my calories, but i felt justified in doing so with all the walking i did! we'll just have to see whether or not it pays off next week - i'm going to stick ridgidly to my calories this week and weigh next monday fingers crossed :rolleyes:

i bought a pedometer last week and have decided to start tracking my daily steps. i'd like to walk 10,000 steps on days when i don't go to the gym, and 12,000 on days that i do. obviously more at the weekends coz i walk lots then. i may give myself a weekly target, rather than daily, coz sitting at a desk all day is not condusive to getting your steps in! i counted my steps this weekend:

snowdon was incredible. there were loads of people doing the same trail as us - it was bank holiday weekend! it took us 5 hours from car to car and we stopped at the top for half an hour to eat our picnic lunch. unfortunately a cloud descended on the summit as we arrived, so the views were completely obscured, but on the way down the sun came out and we ambled past all the lakes in the glorious sunshine. i had a fabulous day!
= 25,455 steps

sunday was a little more relaxed, although we did walk for 4 hours. it was much gentler- over the headland at llanbedrog and abersoch. the weaer was gorgoeus. i got lots of freckles and took lots of photos!
=20,709 steps

then on monday we left the caravan early and meandered home the back way - wandered round cricieth and then went to betws-y-coed and found fairy glen, which is a gorrrgeous little place in a forest, next to the river, where it slows down a little. all the rocks on either side are smooth and shiny, where the water had once been. i wouldnt have been surprised to see a water nymph or some such!
=14,862 steps

anywho, a loverly refreshing weekend, away from the monotony of everyday life. so we have vowed to do it again soon, and find some new peninsular walks and forests to explore. next sunday we are going to the peak district for the day, which is closer to home and more familiar.

yesterday i went to the gym, but was pretty knackerd from all the walking, so i just did my 5mins on the rowing machine and 30mins cardio on the treadclimber. reached my steps target though and did 12,055 steps!

gym again tonight, then i'm having a rest tomorrow! think i deserve one!

eating wise i'm not doing badly at all, but haven't been shopping for a while so badly need some fresh fruit and veg! have been relying heavily on tins and i don't like it. maybe a trip to asda is in order this evensong.

wow, i've rambled enough in this post. so...over and out! :)

Back