Just getting my head around JUDDD

ClaireS84

Hello everybody and nice to meet you.

I'm new to JUDDD although I have been thinking about undertaking this new eating plan.

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked already but I can't find that specific answers or diaries.

So here goes.

1. When should I weigh myself and when should my weigh in day be?

2. I'm thinking of doing the 6pm-6pm but slightly confused. When do I eat my DD calories and when can I start eating my UD calories?

3. Has anyone with Polycystic Ovaries ever done this diet and had good results?

Think that's all for now. :)

Hi Claire, you should weigh in once a week after a DD so if you start on a Monday DD, and do alternate days you should weigh in on Tuesday am the following week.

It's true that 6pm to 6pm could be potentially easier, however this is a tweak thats been invented/introduced by experienced judders it's not the way JUDDD was originally intended, the 24 hour fast was more a concept invented by Brad Pillon who's program is Eat Stop Eat and involves zero calories for 24 hours.

The issue with split day fasting is exactly what you just said yourself, when do I have my calories? Say for instance you have an up day allowance of 2000 and a DD of 500 (basically we all use this), it can be quite hard to get the requirements fro weight loss if you use the split day method because you need 2 things to happen, 1 you need an overall calorie deficit and 2 you need a period of about 14-16 hours to get the body into fat burning mode. On split day fasting this is pretty difficult.

I did have some examples done up, but basically you'd have to take your UD + DD = 2500 (roughly) and divide it by 2, meaning that you'd have to average 1250 calories per day using the split method, so it gets complicated, when I did it I didn't have any calories during the 24 hours, others do and some have experienced very slow losses, some have had some losses. Personally my best losses have come from full UD/DD cycles and until you get fully into the swing of JUDDD that would be my recommendation on the best way to go.

On the PCOS I can't help there, but maybe another poster can, good luck with JUDDD xxx

Hey

Thanks for that. It's all making sense now. I think I'll stick with the normal dd's and up's.

I'm slightly worried about my first dd as I hate being hungry. Eek!

I think I might get like the slim fast shakes so I can count calories although I am making the bikers low calorie meals and would like to eat dinner with my oh.

Not sure how this will work around my lifestyle.

Hey

Thanks for that. It's all making sense now. I think I'll stick with the normal dd's and up's.

I'm slightly worried about my first dd as I hate being hungry. Eek!

I think I might get like the slim fast shakes so I can count calories although I am making the bikers low calorie meals and would like to eat dinner with my oh.

Not sure how this will work around my lifestyle.

Most people say and me included try your best to last as long as you can without eating as eating a little bit can make you hungrier, stock up on all sorts of low cal drinks as well and fill your tummy with fluids.

Remember you're only of a diet on day at a time so even if you are starving you can have what you want tomorrow xx

Wow! The calorie content in those slim fast shakes are high if you want to stick to 500 kcals!

I've just bought the 95 kcal snack bar which I'll have when the hunger pangs get bad then I'll have the rest of my kcals with my dinner.

Glad I have this forum for moral support.

I have survived my first DD. I am hungry but I just keep drinking lots of water and focusing on my uni work. I think I'll be having an early night though.

I have survived my first DD. I am hungry but I just keep drinking lots of water and focusing on my uni work. I think I'll be having an early night though.

The first few can be tough alright, why not start a diary so we can keep up with your progress, it's great for getting support too!!

Good luck Claire. I'm just at the "thinking" stage of maybe trying this "JUDDD" way of eating. A lady I worked with did something similar, but she pretty much fasted on her DD days. Not sure I can do that. She's doing brilliantly anyway. So am I safe to assume I can eat "anything" I like on my DD days so long as it adds up to 500 calories? How can I avoid light headedness and the shakes that I sometimes get with being hungry? I weight myself on a Friday, so should I have one of my DD days on a Thursday? I could have the other on a Monday (maybe, after the weekend)

Let us know how you get on Claire:D

Back