• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Just had my first weigh in...

S: 19st5.5lb C: 17st3.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 2st2lb(11.05%)
And I lost 3.5lb. Now this was a little disappointing but if I honest I wasn't an angel (awful on my first week I know!) and I spoke to my consultant about it. I asked if this was average and she said she thought I could of lost 7lb so basically try harder. I have a lot to lose and had been on and off ww before but feel all :( now

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 15st12lb C: 15st9lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 0st3lb(1.35%)
Hi, I personally think you have done brilliantly, 3.5lbs is a very good loss, a 7lb loss is a lot, dont get fixated on big losses each week, remember a loss is a loss and you are going in the right direction, plus it will be easier to manage. Welldone and keep up the good work
xx

Befanwi

Gold Member
S: 11st10lb C: 11st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.6 Loss: 0st10lb(6.1%)
large_lump said:
And I lost 3.5lb. Now this was a little disappointing but if I honest I wasn't an angel (awful on my first week I know!) and I spoke to my consultant about it. I asked if this was average and she said she thought I could of lost 7lb so basically try harder. I have a lot to lose and had been on and off ww before but feel all :( now
Whether or not you have a lot to lose, 7lbs is still a big ask and well, your consultant is in a position of support so shouldn't be saying anything that might demotivate or overwhelm you - now don't get me wrong in a month or so when she knows you better she might discover a kick up the backside works wonders, but for all she knows you could have decided it was hopeless there and then.

And about the weight loss, if I lost 3.5lbs in a week I'd be ecstatic - that's 3.5lbs less than you weighed before and you did it the healthy maintainable way! So well done you!! Maybe you'll be a saint next week and maybe you'll lose half a stone, but maybe you'll lose 4lbs, 6lbs maybe even 2lbs - either way it's in the right direction so do your best and be proud knowing that you've might a great choice to change your life, even if the journey takes a little while. I've heard it said on here many times - it didn't go on overnight so how can I expect it to come off overnight!

Good luck and well done so far :)
Beth.

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
S: 14st10lb C: 14st10lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Dont be sad 3.5lb is a great loss!!! I dont think your c should have said you could lose up to 7 lb as she doesnt know how your body works and sometimes ( going by personal experience) it takes a while for your body to adjust to a different way of eating. Dont be disheartened and keep on going it really is a fab way of eating :D:D

Thanks all. I'd be more than happy with 3.5 on a normal week, I think it's just I felt a lot of pressure to lose a lot in my first week. 3.5 is a roughly what I lost on ww each week so know that's normal for me. Just shocked me so much that my c was like that with me! Grrrr I'll be an angel this week!

chocaslim

adores posting
S: 10st4.0lb C: 9st11.5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 0st6.5lb(4.51%)
Hi i lost 3.5lbs on my first weight in and i was very happy with that your consultant should be supporting you losses are losses x good luck for next week.:)

mojomcl

Silver Member
S: 20st5lb C: 20st5lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 53.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
As Emsie says, 3.5lbs is a brilliant loss. I am lucky to lose that over 7 weeks, and am STILL estatic about it!
You 'weren't an angel' yet you still lost a quarter of a stone - but aren't happy!?

tillysouth

Enter your zip code here
S: 15st8lb C: 11st8lb BMI: 28.7 Loss: 4st0lb(25.69%)
I think you have done very well. I put on 2.5 lbs the first week but I have gone on to lose 1.5 stone since then. At the moment I feel more motivated than ever. Good luck to you, I am sure you will suceed.

Em8888

S: 17st3lb C: 17st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 41.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Wow that's fantastic Hun! I wish I had lost that much in my first week, it was 1.5 lb for me and I don't think I will lose any this week, but I shall see what happens.....

Thanks all. I was happy until I spoke to my consultant but have since decided to ignore her. Won't let her get me down!

S: 13st7lb C: 10st3lb G: 9st4lb Loss: 3st4lb(24.34%)
3.5 is amazing! put it this way it's better than 2lb loss and waaaaaay better than a gain! if that doesn't help google image search what a pound of fat looks like ;)

If you were disappointed with a 3 1/2 lb loss and spoke to your consultant, maybe she was trying to inspire you, along the lines of 'If you had had a perfect week (and HAD been an angel) you could have turned that 3 1/2 lbs into a 7 lb loss' ?

Crys

S: 15st13lb C: 15st2.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 0st10.5lb(4.71%)
So many things can affect it. I _was_ an angel in my first week but only lost 1lb, it just goes that way some weeks. Last time around I lost 4.5. Onwards and downwards, 3.5 is a great loss :)