Just had my first weigh in...

large_lump

And I lost 3.5lb. Now this was a little disappointing but if I honest I wasn't an angel (awful on my first week I know!) and I spoke to my consultant about it. I asked if this was average and she said she thought I could of lost 7lb so basically try harder. I have a lot to lose and had been on and off ww before but feel all :( now

Hi, I personally think you have done brilliantly, 3.5lbs is a very good loss, a 7lb loss is a lot, dont get fixated on big losses each week, remember a loss is a loss and you are going in the right direction, plus it will be easier to manage. Welldone and keep up the good work
xx

large_lump said:
And I lost 3.5lb. Now this was a little disappointing but if I honest I wasn't an angel (awful on my first week I know!) and I spoke to my consultant about it. I asked if this was average and she said she thought I could of lost 7lb so basically try harder. I have a lot to lose and had been on and off ww before but feel all :( now

Whether or not you have a lot to lose, 7lbs is still a big ask and well, your consultant is in a position of support so shouldn't be saying anything that might demotivate or overwhelm you - now don't get me wrong in a month or so when she knows you better she might discover a kick up the backside works wonders, but for all she knows you could have decided it was hopeless there and then.

And about the weight loss, if I lost 3.5lbs in a week I'd be ecstatic - that's 3.5lbs less than you weighed before and you did it the healthy maintainable way! So well done you!! Maybe you'll be a saint next week and maybe you'll lose half a stone, but maybe you'll lose 4lbs, 6lbs maybe even 2lbs - either way it's in the right direction so do your best and be proud knowing that you've might a great choice to change your life, even if the journey takes a little while. I've heard it said on here many times - it didn't go on overnight so how can I expect it to come off overnight!

Good luck and well done so far :)
Beth.

Dont be sad 3.5lb is a great loss!!! I dont think your c should have said you could lose up to 7 lb as she doesnt know how your body works and sometimes ( going by personal experience) it takes a while for your body to adjust to a different way of eating. Dont be disheartened and keep on going it really is a fab way of eating :D:D

Thanks all. I'd be more than happy with 3.5 on a normal week, I think it's just I felt a lot of pressure to lose a lot in my first week. 3.5 is a roughly what I lost on ww each week so know that's normal for me. Just shocked me so much that my c was like that with me! Grrrr I'll be an angel this week!

Hi i lost 3.5lbs on my first weight in and i was very happy with that your consultant should be supporting you losses are losses x good luck for next week.:)

As Emsie says, 3.5lbs is a brilliant loss. I am lucky to lose that over 7 weeks, and am STILL estatic about it!
You 'weren't an angel' yet you still lost a quarter of a stone - but aren't happy!?

I think you have done very well. I put on 2.5 lbs the first week but I have gone on to lose 1.5 stone since then. At the moment I feel more motivated than ever. Good luck to you, I am sure you will suceed.

Wow that's fantastic Hun! I wish I had lost that much in my first week, it was 1.5 lb for me and I don't think I will lose any this week, but I shall see what happens.....

Thanks all. I was happy until I spoke to my consultant but have since decided to ignore her. Won't let her get me down!

3.5 is amazing! put it this way it's better than 2lb loss and waaaaaay better than a gain! if that doesn't help google image search what a pound of fat looks like ;)

If you were disappointed with a 3 1/2 lb loss and spoke to your consultant, maybe she was trying to inspire you, along the lines of 'If you had had a perfect week (and HAD been an angel) you could have turned that 3 1/2 lbs into a 7 lb loss' ?

So many things can affect it. I _was_ an angel in my first week but only lost 1lb, it just goes that way some weeks. Last time around I lost 4.5. Onwards and downwards, 3.5 is a great loss :)

Back