Just had to share my good post holiday news

Madison

Hi folks,
Just wanted to share my post holiday news...For the first time in my entire life I actually LOST weight (one pound) after my weeks holidays in Lanzarotte!!! I can't believe it. Usually when I would go away be it for a weekend or longer I would always go full of good intentions and then end up saying sod it and have a massive blow out for the duration which would continue on for a number of days/weeks after I'd returned home. Not this time. Whilst there I ate only dukan friendly foods, stuck to sparkling water and diet coke on nights out and survived the airport on way home without buying copious amounts of "rubbish" for the plane journey. To say I'm ecstatic is an understatement. I really can't believe how far I've come.
My usual holiday wardrobe would consist of normal fitting clothes for the beginning and looser ones as the holiday progressed to very floaty numbers towards the end lol. To my utter pleasure I was not only able to get into my jeans of truth the day after returning home but they felt really good and comfortable on. Not only is my bod thanking me right now but my head is big time. No guilt, no self loathing, no "why can't I just stick to my plan" etc etc.
I'm just so happy right now I had to share. thanks for reading xx

Well done you can be very proud and you have proven to yourself that you can have a fab holiday without overeating! I see you're nearly at the half-way point to your target too - well done!

thats fabulous ... well worth sticking to the diet of sorts while away :D I know i will be :)

Love that you were able to get into your "jeans of truth" :D

Hope you are feeling very proud of your self-control, well done :). We have to retrain our heads that we CAN have a good time without alcohol/cake/etc!!

Wow well done, it gives me hope fir my holidays x

You are to be admired. 1lb down is great after your week away. I'm afraid my week away in Crete resulted in me putting on 1lb, but it will be gone this week hopefully. Stayed away from carbs but did enjoy a glass or two of the vino each evening, so not too bad a result I think. Off to France in 2 weeks for the rest of the summer and will keep well away from those 'baguettes'... Got a great recipe for 'Brown Soda Bread' that is perfect for my odd slice while in Conso. Hubby will be in Conso in July so it will be worth it to make my own. Filling the car with wholemeal flour, don't think they sell it there. Wouldn't know it if I saw it over there anyway!!!!

Love this post - well done - Agree with CD - retraining our brain to accept we don't need cake/drink/rubbish to have a good time!

Thank you all soooo very much for your kind words. Really is very much appreciated. To be honest I think the major reason I stayed in control was because I wasn't drinking alcohol. I found that when i used to drink, all logic and hard work would go out the window the night I would be drinking and the whole next day, which in turn would lead to a spiralling out of control and last sometimes for a few weeks of pure bingeing. Thanks again xx

That's amazing Madison well done you, I have a week in Vienna to look forward and I am hoping to manage to be half as disciplined as you were.

Back