Just joined today....marrying in June 2012 6st to loose!!!

Ah I am so glad I am using this site. I feel we will all be a great encouragement to each other.

Hi Gemsy, I have my dress and I love it. Was not the style I thought I would go for but the minute I saw it I knew it was the one. And got it for a steal too! It won't close up on the back (it has a zip) so there is all the motivation I need. Also need to try and blast these bingo wings, I almost dispise them more than me belly!!

My other half's bro works for Fitness First so he is sorting me out with membership this weekend. Exercise here I come next week. Am looking forward to doing something with this lardy bum.

Thanks Wanda, Im finding support on line is great between meetings to keep you going. Especially in this with us all working towards "the big day"!

Now I'd love to share my dress with cyber world but would rather wait until its all mine and fits perfectly! Mine also wasnt what i'd imagined but the brilliant shop assistant made me try it and she was spot on its perfect for me.

Have you set yourself a weigh in day? Im trying so hard to not go on the scales at home inbetween meetings as it can make me feel downhearted if nothing changes but weigh day cant come soon enough!
good luck at the gym, I really enjoy trying different classes just because they are all included, except i madfe a fatal error and did body pump- weight lifting is not for me but I didnt have to guts to leave during it so put up with the pain, couldnt lift my arms for a week afterwards!

LOL that made me laugh. I'll never forgot the first time I did bodypump - OMG I was in a heap for a week afterwards. Going to give it a try again though, might help with the arm toning.

Weigh in day for me is Tuesday morning. I too am an awful daily weigher but from next week I am going to try my best to leave it in the week. When is your weigh in day?

I am hoping I behave myself this weekend. Usually a terrible time for me food wise. The plan for the weekend is good with damage limitation so fingers crossed.....

Thanks, sadly I found the first attempt and half stone much easier and now its really slow progress. but positive thinking, little and often is better than putting on.
I started last tuesday but work shifts and night so cant make next weeks weigh in so need to find different meetings, hopefully wednesday. Ive hidden my scales at home mainly for htb as he loves getting on them daily. Im like his personal diet club consultant for free!
Been good for 4 days now excpet for a tiny bit of birthday cake in the office. Cant be that bad- (she hopes!!)

Tiny bit of cake won't harm you. Sounds like both you and your other half are in the zone so it is good for pushing each other.

If you lost 1/2lb per week between here and your wedding you'll have lost 18.5lbs. You can do it.

How are girls getting on? I've 1 stone 6.5lbs off thanks to slimming world. Saw this thread again & thought I'd check how you are doing. Get in touch:)

Hi Wanda, very delayed response, sorry. Wow you have done so well on SW. How much have you lost now? I have done ok and lost 10lbs on WW. Looking to lose another 7lbs before the day hopefully. The dress now fits which is great but would look so much better with another half stone off.
Am starting the 30 day shred this week. Am a bit scared but very determined. Seen some women I know who have completed it and the change to their body shape it incredible.
How many weeks to the big day Wanda? How is the dress looking?

Back