Just joined

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by unity, 16 July 2009 Social URL.

1. unity

unity Member

Hi everyone, didn't dare want to call myself a newbie..lol
    I am trying yet once again to shed some weight, but alas each year it just gets harder and harder. I also don't understand the stone and pounds or how to find my fat mass etc.
    But back to the begining, I am 45 years young, love life and forget at times I am actually 40kgs over weight. Yet when I go to buy clothes I get a rude awakening.
    Over the years I tried every diet know to man/woman. Lost so many kgs just to put them back on.
    What I have found is that whenever I am depressed or upset I gain weight, yet not from eating. Seems my body bloats.
    So on the 4th of July this year I started again, well I got on to a scale and was totally heartsore. 117kg, now today I got back on the scale and even though I stopped eating fatty foods, been eating major amounts of fruit and veg. And not a kg has been shed off me. However I feel I am loosing weight, my clothing has become baggy, and the inches around my tummy hips and legs have shrunk. So now I find I wanted to give up yet once again.
    Until yesterday, I found this site and thought what have I got to loose except weight itself.
    We live way too far to always get hold of fresh veg so I land up with frozen veg, now I am going to be hunting this forum until I find some diet I am able to use at home.
    I have the willpower once I start.
    Thanks for reading and allowing me into this world now I know that I am not alone in this quest.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    Hi Unity
    Welcome and good luck with your weightloss. You will find no end of support if you come to this site - I have found it invaluable.
    Are you in the US? If you are in the UK you could access Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet or Exante - all Food replacement diets with a lots of success. I am doing lighter life but you need to be able to get to counselling with it. I think you can buy exante food packs on line which may suit if you are a long way from anywhere.
    I am sure there must be similar programs in the US if you are there. If food replacement is not for you I would recommend browing some of the forums on this website as there is no plan that works that isn't here it seems and I am sure you will find something that works for you.

All the best.
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. Good luck with the pounds

Irene xx
  5. RainbowRose

RainbowRose Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    Healthy eating and willpower!
    Hello and welcome :D

Look forward to chatting with you.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.