Just joined

unity

Hi everyone, didn't dare want to call myself a newbie..lol
I am trying yet once again to shed some weight, but alas each year it just gets harder and harder. I also don't understand the stone and pounds or how to find my fat mass etc.
But back to the begining, I am 45 years young, love life and forget at times I am actually 40kgs over weight. Yet when I go to buy clothes I get a rude awakening.
Over the years I tried every diet know to man/woman. Lost so many kgs just to put them back on.
What I have found is that whenever I am depressed or upset I gain weight, yet not from eating. Seems my body bloats.
So on the 4th of July this year I started again, well I got on to a scale and was totally heartsore. 117kg, now today I got back on the scale and even though I stopped eating fatty foods, been eating major amounts of fruit and veg. And not a kg has been shed off me. However I feel I am loosing weight, my clothing has become baggy, and the inches around my tummy hips and legs have shrunk. So now I find I wanted to give up yet once again.
Until yesterday, I found this site and thought what have I got to loose except weight itself.
We live way too far to always get hold of fresh veg so I land up with frozen veg, now I am going to be hunting this forum until I find some diet I am able to use at home.
I have the willpower once I start.
Thanks for reading and allowing me into this world now I know that I am not alone in this quest.

Hi Unity
Welcome and good luck with your weightloss. You will find no end of support if you come to this site - I have found it invaluable.
Are you in the US? If you are in the UK you could access Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet or Exante - all Food replacement diets with a lots of success. I am doing lighter life but you need to be able to get to counselling with it. I think you can buy exante food packs on line which may suit if you are a long way from anywhere.
I am sure there must be similar programs in the US if you are there. If food replacement is not for you I would recommend browing some of the forums on this website as there is no plan that works that isn't here it seems and I am sure you will find something that works for you.

All the best.
xxx

Back