Just joined!

lizzi

Hi Everyone!

Sorry - this is long winded, please move if necessary!

OK here's the story: I'm Lizzie, I'm 20 in April and I"ve decided I want to reach my 20s slimmer and stay that way!

I'm currently 10 stone 10, pretty much the heaviest I've been, and at only 5 foot 3, that makes me quite rounded! My BMI is now officially in the overweight category, and it's scared me!

I managed to slim down to about 9 and a half stone before I came to university, but still wasn't happy about my weight- but somehow put all the weight back on.

I carry most of the weight arround my stomach - and I have extremely weak stomach and core strength muscles due to a back injury years ago (it's all better now, but a year of a pulled out back ruined the muscles!)

Any help/advice/support would be amazing! Is anyone trying to do the same as me?

Looking forward to talking to you all!

Lizzie xx

Hi Lizzi, I know what you mean about looking rounded. I am only 5ft 3 too. When your short you have to be as slim as you can because any extra weight makes it look worse.

One of the reasons I am dieting was I got up to a sz20 and when I saw pics og myself on holiday this year I looked like a big red round beach ball!!

Good Luck.

hmm..

Not really sure how I"m going to lose it, was thinkiing maybe calorie counting and generally eating more healthily...although I found a good three week detox plan I might try once I've got a clear 3 weeks!

Anyone got any ideas of diets they've tried and have worked?

xx

Detox plans aren't for weight loss hun. You do lose weight on them but you put it all back on again after and yo-yoing ultimately makes it harder for you to lose it in the long term. What you need to do is commit to life long changes and make sure you find a plan that suits you and that you can maintain as a lifestyle. Personally, the only plan that ever worked for me is Slimming World. It fits perfectly into any lifestyle and you never go hungry on it. I have tried calorie counting but found it tedious and boring and I got very hungry

Hi Lizzi and welcome, Taz is right, it's best if you have a plan. Good luck.

Aw thanks you guys! I recon my general plan is to minimise my calories - that's worked for me in the past, I just need a kick up the arse to keep me on track! I recon my general meal plan for the duration will be:

Breakfast: Glass of fruit smoothie

Lunch: Salad + some form of protein (a few kidney beans, or if I'm getting it from the local sandwich bar, turkey)

Dinner: Something low cal - e.g. jacket potato with tesco light cottage cheese, or vegetable ratatouille...

As for snacks - I'm going to try not to snack, but if I do...hmm, I guess fruit.

Am also going to post up on another forum somewhere what I'm eating each day etc....some sort of diet diary....

:eek:)
xx

Back