Just needed to share with C/D and Low carb and all x

Awww Woofy my darling xx I was saddened and gladened there with your story. I hope the operation goes well, and your son makes a quick recovery. My son had a titanium jaw replacement final op (after 3 previous ones) two years ago, so I kind of, just a little bit, know how you feel. I have no idea what it must be like to not know though what is the cause of the problems :-( But I know with a mummy like you holding his hand, he will be right as rain.

As for the diet, you don't need luck, you already 'feel' what you have to do. It is a pity for Atkiners that the sweety counter doesn't have a meaty counter next to it, with ready cooked and seasoned things like pork chop, lamb chop, fillet steak, hunk of salmon. In fact, shall we campaign for it when you are done?

Much love to you and your family xxxxx

ps buy a Blackberry or something and keep in touch?!

TT, thankyou x

Im thinking, I wonder if I can get away with taking me laptop in with me.... Food for thought as I will so miss you all....and all the goings on... Wont be forever though

Woofy X

I'm pretty certain the hospital has wifi. If not, then if its anything like our hospital, there is a monitor for Internet and TV on each bed. Cost something like £5 for 3 days.

TT, ur a life saver.... Im going to ring then 2m and I will try to remember to ask then.....This place keeps me happy, my little escape if you like........

Woofy X

Woof, just want to send my love and best wishes to you and your family, hope everything goes well for you all, will be thinking of you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi woof, thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you next week, I know I will.

My friend's two-year old is having cranial surgery in Birmingham the week after your son is in GOSH and she's feeling very worried at the moment too.

Well done on your resolve not to resort to comfort-eating the wrong foods at the moment. Even putting your weight-loss aside, eating a shed load of carbs is just going to leave you feeling ill and you don't want that. Low carb food can be comforting too, of course. Can you stock up on babybels and peperamis to take? Maybe a Thornton's diabetic turkish delight bar for a little treat or to keep to one side if you're tempted by sweeties?

You know where we are if you need anything x

Thankyou, Karen... Im packing everything babes.... Not looking forward to it but not giving up... I cant really help my son but Im sure as hell going to give him a healthy, happy Mummy.... Happy Mum, Happy Kids!!!!

I hope your friend gets on ok. Please send her my best wishes and love.. Its a hard time, the build up, counting the days down. Shes lucky to have a friend like you, who cares....

Take care

Woofy X

I only just spotted this thread.

As mummy to a little boy who spent the first few months of his life in intensive care, we as parents find strength we never dreamed we had when it comes to our children.
Its awful, but you will get through the other side and so will he, just take it one minute at a time and before you know it it'll all be over with and he will be back home.

As for the hospital snacks, will you be going home at all during his stay, if so you could maybe make up some salads or something before you go and have them ready in the fridge to grab quickly.

The thorntons bars are sooooo yummy but massivley high in polyols. If you havnt yet finished your LCM order, the atkins cinammon ones dont have any in, so you could have a couple of those without worrying about you know whatting all over the floor. lol.
As a last resort.. buy a chicken salad sandwich and leave the bread.

We will all be thinking of you and your family, hope it all goes ok for you. Big hugs. xx

lol, just for you, Ditzee. OINK OINK!!

GOSH has been a part of my life for so long, even when I was carring him. He has many problems but this operation is a big thing for us. He will have an op on his face as its dysmorphic. This is his choice, not mine. I have to stand by his wishes as its his life and he has to live with it day in and day out. Hes the 1 that gets pointed at. Hes handsome to me but sadly the world doesnt share my views. Having this op will smooth out some problems but will be left with many more. Kids can be cruel even ADULTS.... Oh I could.... GGrrrrrr..

My son is GREAT!!! We are very happy in "our bubble" its just a shame we have to leave it and enter the wicked world...He knows its going to hurt but he say its gonna be worth it, hes just want to be like all the other boys.....but im afraid to tell him, this will never be

1 Day at a time.....
Woofy X

His The best!!!!.... Only 5 in the world like him. I have been blessed to have him and to be chosen to care for him.... 3 days to go now till we head of to GOSH...... The wine came out yesterday, much needed!!!

Woofy x x x

In 7 days I will be packing 2 bags and going to Great Ormond Street Hospital with my son. He will be havin a craniofacial operation. He has an Unknown Syndrome. My son is 12, brain age a very young 7 year old.
I started my "Diet journey" unkown of this operation date 5 days before. After opening the letter I felt upset, worried, well every emotion washed over me..... I was scared!!! I came so close to popping the toast on, getting the choccy out and thinking " stuff it" Im going to ditch the diet and eat!!!......

So what stopped me???????

Dont know where it come from, but its the stuff you cant buy in the shops ( so wish we could )....WILL POWER!!
I`d had Enough!!!! I was unhappy being over weight, Im going to do something about it!!
Its going to be bloody hard next week without my "little friends"( choccy and crap) but those little friends made me FAT! Not a good friend after all....
Not only have I started to shrink in weight, but Ive got stronger in myself with each day...This has helped me cope with what lays ahead...... This site has helped, LOADS!!!!! Without you knowing, so thankyou x

Everyone has a story of why they started this journey and for some reason, I needed to tell you mine. Im a very private person, so this is out of the ordanary. Maybe its much needed..... who knows....
Thankyou for reading. :hug99:
Woof X
ah woofie , bless you hunnie , there really is nothing worse than a sick child,my thoughts are with you and youre little man , i hope he comes trough well .
and look at you being all strong and determined , 1st steps you know to a lifetime of change xxx
good for you hun xxx:happy096:

Thankyou..... x x x
its yourself you should be thanking hun , its all coming from within you , im just pointing out what we usually are to blind to see :D

Just saw your thread and felt compelled to pop in. My daughter is treated at GOSH - has been for the past 11 years and still does. She lost her leg on her 1st b-day - its been a very long journey over the past 10 years. On many occasion when younger she asked when it would grow back so she was like everyone else.

Now, without going into too much detail, she is an absolute star and has achieved more in her short life than most of us will achieve in a lifetime.

My heart goes out to you as i know how tough it is seeing our children in pain - he really is in the best place - will be down at gosh in the next week so will be thinking of you both when there

Donna x

Back