Just Recipes!

From Busy - thanks!

Saag paneer:

Okay it does have onion ML but in the grand scheme of things I dont think it's gonna make a difference. Okay here goes I never measure so I'll try and give exact amounts.

Table spoon of any oil or butter ot ghee I used olive
Small sprinkle of mustard seeds (or cumin if you have/or both) Optional dont worry if you cant source
Tea spoon curry or chilli powder (if you live near any asian food shops invest in some kashmiri mixed spices and this is all you'll ever need for any curry.
Tea spoon chilli flakes
Small onion finely chopped
2-3 cloves garlic crushed (optional/or half tea spoon ginger powder)
small sprout sized ginger crushed (optional/or same as above)
Small tomato chopped
300g Spinach/or baby spinach/bunches or pre-packed
Paneer/Feta/Halloumi 50g which ever you want or can find.

Heat the oil and add mustard/cumin seeds until the M seeds start to pop or the cumin starts to turn brown and releases an aroma, add and fry the onion until suateed add the tomato, add chilli powder stir fry untill the chilli powder turns goldenie and the oil separates from the onion and tomato. Add the chilli flakes and stir for a further 2-3mins add a little water throughout to stop from sticking. Add the spinach and let it simmer until it wilts. Then add the cheese and turn the heat up and dry out the saag until desired consistency. This will make 4 around 4 batches depending how much you dry it out and can be frozen. This is so versatile I would roughly use this to make almost all veg curries.

Picture to accompany Busy's Sag Paneer recipe

Attachments

• image-130116045.jpg
    image-130116045.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 142
I've worked it out as 10 g of carbs for the whole pot, my oh and I shared it with cauli rice, I added chopped aubergine, and used 2 spring onions instead of normal onions, it was absolutely delicious, I didn't want it to finish!

made the scotch eggs and used parmesan as a breadcrumb alternative.... the other half announced after eating 2 'i always thought breadcrumbs were overated'
oh and they didnt last long!

Lisa's Lovely Courgette Loaf

Grate a large courgette and leave to drain in kitchen roll otherwise it will be too wet.

Beat 2 eggs and add 50g cheese. Season with salt and pepper and anything else you fancy, maybe some garlic or chilli.

Chop a small onion (maybe not for induction but could use roughly chopped spring onions)

Mix all ingredients together and put into a loaf tin. I used a silicon one and it was about half full.

Bake at 160 degrees (mines a fan oven) for about 25-30 mins until its browned on top and springy to touch.

I sliced it and it didn't crumble so the egg and cheese ratio must have been about right. It was like a quiche consistency.

Thanks Lisa! :)

Egg Nests

egg-nests.jpg
I made these before low carbing and everyone loves them. It's a French recipe from a 1960's child's cook book. I change the cheese depending on what I have - parmesan is a firm favourite.

Nid d'oeuf or Egg nests
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of Gruyere

Preheat the oven to 450/230/gas 8
Separate the eggs and put the yolks into individual cups or ramekins
Whisk the whites in a clean bowl with the salt until stiff. Carefully fold in the cheese, keeping as much air in as possible. Don't worry if it's a little unevenly distributed.
Put 2 mounds of the egg white and cheese mix onto a lined baking tray and make a little well in the centre of each.
Put them in the oven for around 3 minutes, or until they start to go brown. Whip them out, pop a yolk into the little wells in the middle and stick back in for another 3 mins.

Nom, nom, nom

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased some Shirataki Noodles, has anyone any recipes to go with them please, thanks, Deb x

Paleo friendly mushroom korma - courtesy of the fab blog Lowcarbotopia

Ingredients
Closed cup mushrooms
Coconut milk
Dessicated coconut
Ground almonds
Cayenne pepper
Garam masala
Salt and pepper to taste
Turmeric
Tiny tiny pinch of Splenda®

I literally tossed this lot into a saucepan so I don't have measurements - but the method is:

Lightly sauté the mushrooms in a knob of butter, added the spices and continued to warm through, then add the coconut milk to make a sauce. The dessicated coconut and ground almonds are there to give the sauce more texture - so add to taste. Add a pinch of Splenda® to round out the flavour. (You could use honey or your favourite sweetener of choice if you prefer to avoid synthetic sweeteners.)

mmm, i love mushrooms, i suppose you could add chicken if you are not concerned about the vegginess of it.

Ok, SCOTCH EGGS!!!!!

You need
Boiled eggs
2 Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages (0:3 carbs each sausage) per egg

Method
Hard boil eggs and cool down then peel
Take 2 sausages out of the skins
Put water on your hands and press sausage meat out, then around the egg
Place eggs on a greased dish
Bake in oven for approx 30/40 mins on 180

Can be eaten hot or delicious cold with salad and mayo!!!!

Scotch egg 0:6 carbs eat!! :)

I whizzed up oopsie roll/bread to make breadcrumbs one time i toasted the oopsie lightly first just a thought on the coating, i was going to try it out on scotch eggs then i saw your post! Great minds!

Lemon “Couscous” Pilaf…courtesy of a website called bigredkitchen (with thanks)

1 stick butter
2 heads grated cauliflower
1 onion diced fine
sea salt
Zest of one lemon

In a very large skillet over medium high heat, melt butter. Add cauliflower and onions, and cook uncovered for 40 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the entire batch is golden and nutty. Salt to taste and just before serving stir in the lemon zest. Serves 8.

What measurement in uk is a stick of butter? Wish americans woulduse proper measurements.

Curried Celeriac Soup

50g butter
1 celeriac diced
1 leek
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 litre stock

1 tbsp curry paste

Method

Soften the leek, onion & garlic in the butter.
Add Celeriac and stock and cook for 30 mins.
Blitz when cooked and stir in the curry paste.

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 drops liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose. With electric mixer, beat until smooth. Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

Almond Buns
Almond buns - perfect for breakfast sandwiches, open faced sandwiches or as a burger bun.
5/5
Prep Time: 5 months, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 months, 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 months, 20 minutes
Yield: 3 buns (6 pieces)
Serving Size: 2
Calories per serving: 373

Ingredients

• 3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
  • 1.5 tsp Splenda (optional)
  • 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
Cooking Directions

• Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
  • Whisk in the eggs
  • Melt butter, add to mixture and whisk
  • Divide mixture equally into 6 parts, place into a Muffin Top pan or equivalent
  • Bake for 12-17 minutes at 350 degrees (varies by oven, watch the first time)
  • Let cool on a wire rack.

Keto Specific (two pieces, one bun):

• Calories: 373
  • Net Carbs: 4
  • Carbs: 7
  • Fiber: 3
  • Fat: 35
  • Protein: 10

Back