Just Recipes!

LMAO, I used to get the same here Cherry, now we eat the same stuff I prepare, *SHE* just adds potato's or a sauce or something. :D

Oh good, nice to see someone so happy love. :)

:) you havent seen my new post then Jim? I feel happy in myself and the old man is being supportive but alot of people around me are trying to put me off atkins :(

I'll go and look.

I'm going to try that one Laura, Thanks

Not so much of a recipe than an ensemble but it was lovely.

For one (just make more for more!)

1 chicken breast
boisin or other soft herby cheese
bacon
2 flat mushrooms
Flat leaf parlsey
garlic clove
Knob of butter
3 sprigs of asparagus
black pepper

Slit chicken, stuff with cheese and wrap in bacon.

Place two flat mushrooms into a roasting tin and smear with butter and sprinkle with parsley and garlic (chopped).

Place chicken on top and roast, add par boiled asparagus (boil kettle steep asparagus in water and cover, can use a mug leave for 5 mins) then pop all in oven til cooked (about 20 mins).

Serve sprinkled with flat leaf parsley and black pepper.

Smashing.

Reactions: Jim
Mousakka

1lb minced lamb
1 large Onion
2 large aubergines
6Oz cheese
1 tin chopped tomatoes.
1 lamb stock cube.
Lots of chopped parsley, a whole bunch usually
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Fry the chopped onions, and lamb with the stock cube crumbled in until the onions are soft.

Slice the aubergine lengthwise into strips, about 1/4 of an inch thick.
Stir in the chopped parsley add the chopped tomato's and layer an oven dish with meat then aubergine then meat etc. Try to make the last layer meat. cover and cook in the Oven for 45 minutes. Cover the top with the grated cheese and then in the oven again until the cheese is browned.

Taken from another Atkns site not my own:

Crustless Quiche

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, spam, ham etc)
chopped onion to taste (optional) - (remember the carbs!)
broccoli or other cooked veggie (optional)

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or do what I do and pour in a large muffin pan (makes 12 muffins). Either way use cooking spray first or butter the pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just nuke in microwave for 90 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

I use glass lasagna pan and cook at 350 for 35 minutes.. let cool before cutting.

Okay using SAUSAGE as the meat (1 cup) and Broccoli (1 cup) but no onions this is the results for each if you use the recipe for 12 servings:

approximate:

329calories
29g fat
3g carbs
15g protein

My daughter made the chocolate brownies for me today..... looked yum BUT...... she put 2.5 tablespoons of bicarb. instead of 2.5 teaspoons... so they were very salty to say the least! Am gutted lol

I recently bought Neris and India's cookbook, the recipes I have tried are fab, it might be worth getting if you like cooking and tasty food....Jx

There were a load of girls on the Neris and whatsit thing, haven't seen any of them post for a while.

Well it is pretty much following Atkins really, but they actually advise your meals for the first 2 weeks and then advise you what to introduce each week after that....but their recipes in the cook book are low carb and very yummy.....x

Cauliflower cheese

Boil up your cauli, allow to drain
Add to oven proof dish - pour over splosh of single cream
Add few blobs of boisin - that soft garlicy herby cheese or similar
Top with cheese & pinch of nutmeg & black pepper

Bake til crispy on top.

You may need to pour off any excess moisture and return to oven 5 mins before end of cooking time.

Usually takes about 20 mins on gas mark 5.

Gorg with pork chops :)

Last edited:
loads of baby veg (I know, not the lowest in carbs but reduced in T*sco) dipped in:
Hummus

Quorn burger
SF Jelly
Flax muffin, sliced into rounds and toasted
Smoked salmon
Cottage cheese (like having expensive blinis and smoked salmon!)
lettuce

If anyone reads this who is a ninja with the old flaxseed muffin, can they give me some tips please? I've tried making it wet, drier, less bicarb, more bicarb and I haven't worked out what makes it rise best as it's a bit random to say the least. Still nice tonight, but a bit heavy.
I always put a pinch of salt, some herbs and some all purpose seasoning (from the Jamaican food section) in mine which gives a lovely flavour

Tried the flaxmeal muffin for brekkie this morning - totally delish! :D

I made my very first MIM last night. Oh boy! Wonderful.

This is a new staple food for me. Will experiment with flavourings and spices.

I've just tried the recipe that was doing the rounds on email a while back for chocolate cake in a mug - except a low carb version
There's a version on youtube:
YouTube - Chocolate Mug Cake

I used half the amounts given as you would need a very big mug to cook it in(I beat the egg and just poured half in) and I substituted the normal flour for soy flour and a bit of baking powder, Splenda instead of sugar and I didn't put any oil in either. Came out beautifully :D. According to fitday.com it's around 8g carbs and 140 calories

I was looking online fro recipes and came across this one:

STUFFED BURGERS

Makes 2-3 large burgers (1 with a veggie or salad makes a meal)

THe patties
1 lb of ground beef
Salt, Pepper and seasonings of choice

Stuffing mix
about two tsp of cheese, any kind
about 2 tsp of chopped veggies (i used green onion, green pepper and mush)
about 2 tsp of bacon pieces COOKED (optional)
about 1 tsp wet garlic (optional)
anything else that sounds yummy

Season the raw ground beef. Make THIN patties (I take a cereal bowl with plastic wrap and shape the patty in the bowl). Take 1 patty and stuff with about 1-2 tsp of stuffing mix ( i just eyeball it). Make sure to put the stuffing mix right in the middle of the patty and not too high or the stuffing will spill out.
Cover with another patty. I season these patties slightly. Broil these or cook on the grill until brown on the top, CAREFULLY Flip, then repeat on other side. Works well if you put a wire rack because it is easier to flip. If bottom of burger seems to come apart during flipping just repat the hamburger.
Very good, quick, easy and versitile. Yesterday I made one with green onions, mush, green pepper, garlic, bacon and blue cheese and the other the same but with cheddar. Both were awesome.

Carb counts depends on ingredients but you dont use much of anything so they are minimal.

Sounds yum and I am going to make them tonight with salad :p

Back