Just Recipes!

Not very high then. LOL ;)

LOL :D

Well I dunno if anyone still needs it but here is the Neris & India shepherd's pie recipe. I reduce some of the cooking times and use much smaller amounts (900g mince/1 head cauli still serves 4-6 easily!) and take out the celery (yuk!) and add garlic and Worcester sauce, and don't add the cheese to the mash but pile it on top instead. Oh and I've never bothered with the crumbled bacon, but I guess it would help the texture of the topping...

NERIS & INDIA'S FAKE SHEPHERD'S PIE (serves 4-6)
FILLING:
1.5kg lean beef mince
2 med onions finely chopped
2 sticks celery finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp tomato puree
230g mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp butter
salt & pepper
FILLING:
900g trimmed cauliflower
60ml soured cream (un-soured works too)
230g grated cheddar
2 tbsp butter
1 egg
8 fried, crispy rashers of bacon, crumbled

Brown the beef then add the onions, celery, thyme, tomato puree, salt & pepper. Cover the pan, turn the heat right down & cook for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Add some water if it looks too dry.

Fry the mushrooms in the butter and add to the beef. Cook 15 mins more.

Meanwhile, make the topping. Steam the cauliflower until almost mushy, then blend in a food processor, adding the soured cream, cheddar & butter. Add the egg and whizz again. Mix in the bacon.

Assemble the pie and bake for 45-50 mins.

p08051019200001.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that looks gorgeous! I'm gunna have at making something proper like that cos I'm getting fed up of eggs! Will either try that or cheeseburger pie x

MMMMMMM, that looks really nice to me.

Just made some Broccoli and Stilton soup (only have small portions as broccoli seems to be pretty carby, or bulk it out with some cauli too):

1 head of Broccoli boiled
about 200g Blue Stilton
3tbsp Double Cream

When broccoli is cooked stick it all in the blender and voila! Taste it to make sure its got enough stilton in as I used only a small bit to begin with but couldn't taste it.

Dont know if this already posted but....

Thin and crispy Pizza base

8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil,
optional Toppings of your choice *
Mix the cheeses, eggs, garlic powder and basil well. Line a 16-inch pizza pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Evenly spread the cheese mixture in the pan, almost to the edge, making it as thin as possible. Bake at 450º 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

I suggest checking it after about 10 minutes. If it's getting very dark on the edges and top, turn the oven down to 400º and continue baking until brown all over and no longer pale on the bottom. Pat off any excess grease then add your toppings. Keeping the oven rack in the center position, put the pizza under the broiler until the toppings are hot and any cheese you added is melted and bubbly, about 4-5 minutes. Makes 8 servings Can be frozen

. Crust only: Per Serving: 176 Calories; 14g Fat; 12g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

**pizza or alfredo sauce

toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Nutritional Information for the entire crust:
calories: 434, fat: 25 g, carbohydrates: 8 (net), 13 if counting all, fiber: 5 g, protein: 41 g.

After seeking advice to find out if this is an allowable meal, I thought I would share it. It tastes amazing, it's a Celeb Slim Recipe

CHEESY MINCE BAKE
Calories 352

Protein 3535g
Carbs 3g
Fat 22g
Fibre 4g

400g beef mince
450g mushrooms
85g cottage cheese
225g Ricotta cheese
50g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
300g grated cheese
Chopped onion
Pepper

Brown the mince and add the onions & mushrooms, season with black pepper
Mix the cottage cheese and Ricotta cheese thoroughly
Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt
Add the eggs a little at a time until well mixed
Stir in the mince & mushrooms
Add the grated cheese to the mixture, leave a little of the cheese to sprinkle on the top
Place in baking tray and bake for 45 minutes

the flour content is very high in carbs take a look at a packet or the carb calculators 70% carb at least-50g would equal 35g carbs!!

Back