yes i would have used double cream.

Vickys adaptation of Jims meatloaf
Pork mince
eggs
herbs whatever you fancy
black pudding
streaky bacon

2. Preparation and Cooking.

stick pork mince and eggs and herby stuff into a bowl and mix with hands.
Make into 2 longish pattys and put some black pudding in the centre. Squish two pattys together and wrap in streaky bacon quilt :D
Throw in loaf tin, cover with foil and cook on bout 180 for 1hr, then take tin foil off and cook for another while till bacon crisps.

what you think?

Sounds OK to me love. Le us know how it turns out, I was so disappointed with the pork and black pudding pie.

I will. Ill make it sunday probably. or sat - depends. ;)
Was that the pork pie?

Yes, the pork and black pudding one, strange how two thing's you love don't work together. I saw a pork and branston pie at the market the other day, I was tempted to try one of them, but they were all gone by the time I wandered back. This guy makes a lot of different pork pies, He does a Chilli pork pie I quite like, and a pork and apple pie, which is OK, but the weirdest is pork and plum pie in my book.

Oh - i hope my loaf works out to taste nice.
I love pork pie with branston in Jim - my favourite.

Lovely, I'll make sure I buy one next time Vicky.

mmm im drooling thinking about them!!!

That meatloaf sounds devine. Can you believe this is actually a diet when you can make stuff like that???

Vicky - just spotted your BMI's the same as mine! Snap! :D

Does anyone have a recipe for a cheesecake base made from flaxseed?

I've decided that key lime cheesecake is going to be my one Christmas indulgence (apart from the mince pies that have sneaked their way into the cupboard :eek:) that is still more or less Induction-friendly - but it's gotta have a biscuitty base! :)

Ok, I have finished the coffee so can go back to 2 hand drunk typing - being a bit ocd it takes me forever as I keep deleting when I make a mistake or turn the caps on lol

Not sure that flax would make a good base as I can't see it going crispy like biscuit does.......................

I use a coarsely ground walnut or almond base (mixed with butter) -- sooooo indulgent...maybe for a lime cheesecake, pistachio base would be yummy!

Brussel sprouts with a difference

Just watched Heston B on the latest Waitrose ad and he broke up brussel sprouts into leaves and fried them in butter with lardons - and the final result looked smashing! :)

Yeah - I think I'm all la-de-dah when I do them parboiled, fried with lardons (whole), then sauteed with white wine.

Actually that IS all la-de-dah! Courtesy of Delia. To die for. :)

Back