Just Recipes!

CAULIFLOWER MASH

Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower
1/2 stick butter
1 cup sour cream
How To Prepare: Cut up and cook cauliflower til soft, drain.
Melt butter on cooked cauliflower.
Puree cauliflower with butter, and sour cream, in blender or food processor. (be careful not too puree too long)
Salt & Pepper to taste

CRUSTLESS QUICHE

Ingredients: 3 cups chopped broccoli -- cooked, drained, cooling
1/2 cup chopped onion -- favorite color
3 tablespoons butter -- (or less)
1 1/2 tablespoons soy flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
pepper and nutmeg to taste (pinch)
3 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
with enough water to equal 2/3 cup liquid
4 slices cooked bacon -- crumbled or cut in
small pieces
4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
How To Prepare: 9" pie plate sprayed with non-stick spray
375 degrees, 25 minutes

1. Set aside cooked broccoli
2. Saute onions gently in butter, when tender add soy flour and cook a
couple more minutes.
3. Whisk together eggs, cream & water. Blend in salt and spices.
4. Combine egg mix, prepared vegetables and cheese.
5. Pour into prepared pie plate.
6. Bake until puffed and browned.

30 CARBS FOR WHOLE QUICHE

another crustless quiche 20 carbs for whole lot

Ingredients: 8 large eggs
1.5 c heavy cream
1 c bacon bits
8 oz shredded sharp chedder cheese
1 c cooked chopped spinach
How To Prepare: Mix eggs & cream. Add Bacon, cheese and spinach. Mix well.
Pour into a 9-10 pie plate that has been buttered. Bake at 325F for 45-60 Minutes. This keep well and can be reheated in the microwave

wotsist`s/cheese puffs

Ingredients: 3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (frozen)
How To Prepare: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Put the frozen cheese in a food processor/blender and chop, until it's in tiny little pieces.

In a mixing bowl, blend the first three ingredients, at high speed, until whites form stiff peaks. Sprinkle the chopped cheese, on top of the egg whites. Then, with a teaspoon or a rubber spatula, fold the cheese into the egg whites, VERY CAREFULLY, being careful not to disturb the fluffy whites, but thoroughly spread the cheese, throughout.

Then, using the handle of a teaspoon not the spoon part), dip tiny little clouds of the mixture, and place on a cookie sheet. It helps to have two spoons...one to scrape the mixture off of the dipping spoon. I would suggest using a sheet of parchment baking paper, to line your pan, but if you don't...spray the pan, very well.

Lightly spray the tops of the puffs, with butter flavored cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, on top of each puff. Then, put another coat of buttery spray, on top of that.

Bake at 300 degrees, for 30 to 45 minutes. The longer you can bake them (without them getting too brown), the crispier they will be. For even crispier puffs, turn off the oven, and leave them in the oven for at least 30-minutes.

Store in a tightly sealed, air-tight container.

potatoe cakes

Ingredients: 12 ounces frozen cauliflower
1 large egg -- beaten well
butter
sour cream (optional)
salt & pepper (to taste)
onion or scallion (depends how much you like em!)
How To Prepare: 1. Put cauliflower in the microwave until it is cooked (I boil mine to make it extra tender). Drain it well. Put caul. in a mixing bowl and mash it (you can use a food processor or a potato masher) until it forms a paste with some little chunks.

2. Pour egg, onions, salt & pepper into bowl with caul. and mix it up well.

3. Melt some butter in a frying pan (med. heat). Ladle a small amount (small enough for the spatula to fit underneath) into the pan and make sure to push the sides so it form a circle. Cook until brown and flip carefully. Brown the other side. You can put a dollop of sour cream on them and I usually sprinkle a little salt on top.

dorito`s

Layer your favorite cheese in large nonstick frying pan. Stir over med. heat like scrambled eggs till completely melted. Allow to brown lightly on one side then flip like pancake to lightly brown other side. After flipping you can sprinkle either small amount of taco or chili packet onto cheese and flip a second time for just a few seconds to cook flavor into cheese crunchies. Remove from pan to several layers of paper towels. Allow to cool completely. Cut into strips, squares, or for us Dorito junkies triangles.

i have tried these several times and never work, if any one can let me know please.
Next best thing is to cut cheese into small squares, arrange on micro plate with gaps. sprinkle with spices then put on full power for around 3mins let cool and they taste just like crisps, lovely for dipping in sour cream

Last edited:
Sparkly jelly or jelly with a kick.

You need:
1 pkt low sugar jelly
½ pint hot water
Just over have a pint of diet lemonade
Frozen berries (optional)

Method

Make up jelly in usual way but only use ½ pint of water.
When the crystals are dissolved very slowly add the diet lemonade

Leave to set as per usual.

This makes a light tingly jelly.

You can add frozen berries to the mix for extra nutrition although it will add more carbs.

Another alternative is to use diet fiery ginger beer instead of lemonade.

Both are delish!!!

Aislinn x

lasagne

Fry up some mince, once done add in some chopped onions, mushrooms & cherry toms, put to one side.

Then fry up some sliced courgettes & aubergines (sliced lengthways), put to one side.

make a cheese sauce with grated cheese, cream, egg & seasoning.

Layer it all up in baking tin.... mince, courgette, mince, aubergine. Then pour the cheese sauce over the top, put in oven on low for 15 - 25 mins.

Just had this now...........lovely

OMG this is a treasure trove! Gotta try some of these.

OK I watched daily cooks yesterday and they made burgers with a twist, so that it what I shall call them.

Burgers with a twist

choice

sorry!

Burgers with a twist

Choice of any fresh mince, beef, turkey, lamb
salt & pepper
fresh chilli or hot chilli powder (optional)
garlic
chopped parsely (or any herbs of your liking)
Any cheese (mozzarella, boursin, philly, st. agur etc)

Mix mince, garlic, herbs, chilli, salt & pepper together well, take 2 small amounts and flatten into a circular burger shapes, not too thick, on top of one flattened burger add cheese of your liking and place the other flattened burger on top and then seal together. Make however you want.

Fry until cooked of your choice, well done, medium or rarer.

They are lush when cut into as cheese oozes out!

I had mine with mixed salad leaves, on daily cooks they made a basic salsa mix and put on top of burger.

Enjoy

sue xx

OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW YUMMY,
gonna make that french toast tom with loads of butter......mmmmmmmmmmmm

the pizza`s are lush

Cheese and Sun-Blush Tomato Muffins
Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking Time 20 minutes

Ingredients:
Makes 9
225g (8 oz) plain cottage cheese
65g (2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan, or Parmesan-style, cheese
50g (2½ oz) soya flour
100g (3½ oz) ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 sun-blush tomato pieces, finely chopped
20g (¾ oz) basil, chopped
4 tablespoons water
4 eggs
salt and pepper

Everyone enjoys these light, puffy, protein-rich savoury muffins – and as they don’t contain any wheat flour, they’re ideal if you who want to avoid this or are watching your carbohydrate intake.

Line a 9-hole muffin tin with medium-sized muffin cakes (like cup-cake cases).

Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 15g (½ oz) of the cheese, the soya flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-blush tomatoes, basil, water and eggs. Mix all together and season with salt and pepper.

Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, scatter with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven, 200oC, 400oF, Gas Mark 6, for 20 minutes, or until set, risen and golden brown.

Serve as soon as possible – they’re lovely eaten warm.

Taken from Rose Elliot Vegetarian Supercook, published by Hamlyn

I prefer them cooled, with a cup of coffee. Yum. You can get soya flour at Holland and Barretts.

Low Carb Flax Seed Muffins

• 6 T butter - melted
  • 3 large eggs
  • ¼ cup whipping cream (or half and half)
  • Beat these 3 ingredients together, and then add:
    • ½ cup Splenda (artificial sweetener)
    • 1 T maple flavoring
    • 1 T vanilla
Mix the following together and add to the above:

• 2 t cinnamon
  • 1 t nutmeg
  • ½ rounded t baking powder
  • ½ rounded t baking soda
  • 1 cup ground flaxseeds
  • ¼ cup soy flour or Atkin's Bake Mix
  • 4 oz black walnuts, chopped (optional)
Put into 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. You can also double the recipe and get 18-20 larger size muffins.
These have been recommended as "very good with lots of fiber". About 4 carb per muffin but over 3 is in the form of fiber. Other flavorings have been tried - banana, pineapple or unsweetened coconut also taste great. These muffins freeze well, too.
These can also be made in the microwave. In a 1000 watt microwave, 12 muffins take about 2 minutes and 10 seconds.

1 minute muffin recipe

Hi, I have just returned home after buying my first pack of flaxseed and tried the recipe for the muffin (containing cinnamon). Whlist that was nice, I tried another of my own. 1/4 mug (roughly 30g) flaxseed, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1g vanilla powder, 2 tsp granulated sweetner, 1 egg and tiny bit of butter. Mix. Pop in microwave for about 70 seconds (900watt) and then eat...mmmmmmm!!!:p

can everybody who has tasty recipes please add to this thread otherwise when put on other threads they get lost all too quickly.
A big thankyou to the 3 above recipes which were posted by peeps.

sue x

Hi - this is not my recipe and I have NOT tried it... but there is a tortilla note in it - maybe you could make taco shells out of it. I'll post another recipe for pizza. The crust is to die for! The pizza is delicious and I'd say that the crust could be used as a flat taco shell easily!

1 8oz Pkg cream cheese
3 eggs
3 tsp Splenda
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 cup buttermilk

Beat cream cheese with mixer until blended smooth, add the remaining ingredients. Spray pan with a light coat of olive oil flavored non stick spray and pour in pan about 1 tbps of mix. It will make a perfect round bun! You can freeze them and reheat them in the toaster! My hubby says this is the best bread yet.

It should come out to about 1 carb per bun!
Nutiritional Info Via Fitday
Calories Total: 72
Fat: 6 70%
Sat: 3 39%
Poly: 0 5%
Mono: 2 20%
Carbs: 1.2 6%
Fiber: .11 0%
Protein: 4 24%

And to make TORTILLAS
Then put about a tablespoon of the mixture on and carefully and thinly spread to the circle shape..nuke for one minute,they will puff up,then go down. As they cool you can easily peel them off the paper. {I usually have 2 going and fire one in to nuke while 1 is cooling]
You will get about 20. Then you dry fry each side in a pan til golden..Voila! Tortillas! store well in the fridge{just reheat in microwave for 20 secs]
I dry fry them for a litte longer and use them to scoop curries[Yum]

Pizza recipe I got from somewhere on the web. I can't take credit for it - but I can tell you I made it many, many times. Cut it up into slices and froze it. Pizza and salad for lunch was a quick easy meal that was fantastic!

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Cheesy Green Chicken

Last night I made this as it just happened to be what I could find in my fridge and freezer.

Cut open some chicken breasts, stuffed them with mix of philadelphia, spinach and garlic granules. Sealed them up by wrapping bacon around and cooked in oven gas mark 6 for 25 mins. Lovely and juicy and tasy

peachy
x

Back