Just seen my CDC and ready to go

leeds123

Silver Member
I have just had the visit and feel v inspired!. I have opted for 2 soups a day and one hot drink of choc as I am not a milkshake person at all. My CDC said this would be ok

I have a few questions:-

1. how do i know I am in ketosis?
2. My CDC said I could have had porrige this week but I declined thinking it might slow down my loss. what do you think?
3. My CDC also said I could have bars from next week - is that right?
4. Her top tip was to drink a lot of water so am gonna do that - does the trips to the toilet tail off?
5. My CDC said that all the food was now certified as halal - I have a friend who wants to join who needs halal food. is it halal?

wish me luck and hopefully I will keep updated with progress.

Hi there

1) cold hands/feet, death breath :D all signs of ketosis you can get test strips from the chemist or your CDC
2)Porridge is suitable for Sole Source at any stage. I suggest one sachet a day to start.
3) Bars after 14 days on plan
4) Yes, your bladder gets used to the water
5) Yes its halal. Except for Mix a Mousse which is gelatine - pork derivative. Not entirely sure about the Strawberry tetra though as its unsuitable for vegetarians because of the cochineal colouring in it. I don;t know if thats suitable for a halal diet.

Edit - Just looked for my halal certificate and it seems the sachets only are halal.

hope it helps!! Good luck !!!:D

thanks spooky. i have got the leek and potato/ chilli tomatoe/ oriental chilli/ chicken and mushroom/ tomato soups and my CDC said I could swap some if i hated them. she was so lovely and really chatty. I was supposed to start on sunday but do not want to delay. My CDC also said that the change from feeling crap about yourself to feeling good happens as soon as the first week so I am hoping I will feel more positive in a few days.

I thought it would also be a good idea to start on a weekend so I am somewhat acclimatised to it before I go back to work on monday. wish me luck and thanks for the information.

Thats great. Good to hear she inspired you. I hope you like the soups, I wasn't keen at all, so I stick to shakes, bars and the delicious porridge!
Good luck with your first week!

hey there and welcome to minis,
i see you got all your answers from spooky,shes great!!
i just wanted to wish you luck on cd and yes once you are in ketosis you should be feeling better in yourself,the 1st few days are hard but get through them and your laughing!!
post often on here as its a god send, and drink as much water as you can handle,as the saying goes "the more you drink the more you shrink"
let us know how your getting on,
elaine x

before you get into ketosis you might find you have headaches ( carb withdrawral ) so keep the paracetamol handy and try and get some early nights. once your in ketosis yes you find youve bags of energy and are buzzing a bit, i normally need about 10 hours sleep a night but in ketosis need just 6 - 7 hours

thanks everyone! have had some chicken soup which was ok a bit pwdery and i had to leave a bit at the end. how do i get hold of ketostiks?

you can get the ketostix from your cdc, local chemist, e bay.

good luck.xx

How do you know you are in ketosis? - mouth tastes like you've sucked an old penny/breath like old tom cat

Or

You lose alot of weight and all your friends lol :)

Well done Leeds123, glad to hear you've started and are inspired.

Try adding extra water to your packs to make them less powdery and blend them for longer than necessary, this seems to work for me.

I am a big fan of most of the flavour of soup in general yet I only like the chicken and mushroom cambridge sachets so have one of them a day and love most of the shakes, I add extra water to them and crushed ice on an evening to have a big crushed ice milkshake. They're lovely.

Hope you find what you like and get yourself into a routine as soon as you can.

Keep Glugging!!

:)

Back