Just spoke to Teva.....

Kayleigh1986

Just found this on the net....
[h=1]Latest News[/h]Orlistat Supplies
posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 | Categories: Xenical

A further update on the situation with Orlistat; we have spoken to one of the manufacturers (Teva) and they have assured us that they will be able to supply us in mid-July. There has been an issue with the supply of medicines containing Orlistat since February as Roche (the maker of Xenical) ran into production problems at one of its manufacturing sites in the US.The resumption of supply will come as a relief to many patients who have had their weight loss regime interrupted. It looks like Teva is riding to the rescue and we now expect many more prescriptions being written for generic Orlistat now that we are all aware of this alternative. The serious interruption of supply has really damaged the reputation of Roche and sales of brand Xenical may not recover.

So i decided to call Teva myself. The man was really lovely and very helpful. He said that they are releasing stock around every 4 weeks, it IS in production by Teva but they simply can't make it fast enough and Roche are not keeping Teva up to date with their progress on the manufacturing problem there so Teva don't want to make too much to be then left with it all. He said he thinks it will be a few months at least before stock is in ready supply but that is IS in production and is being sent out to wholesalers on a 4 week basis.

He said you are best trying small independent pharmacies as they use more than one wholesaler whereas Boots/Llloyds and so on are only allowed to use one particular one

All in all I feel this is good news

That makes sense, as it has been coming in and out of stock at my local pharmacy for months. Thanks for the update! xx

I know co-op pharmacies have been getting stock in so may be worth checking with your local co-op pharmacy.

Well done Kayleigh x

Thanks hun for the update :) x

Back