Just started cambridge diet...it isn't going well!!!

Hey. i just started the Cambridge diet, I did loads of research before hand and I felt like this diet would really suit me as I have a history of when on diets starving myself completely and feeliung guilty whenever I eat anything! dunno why..lol. I thought with this diet I'd atleast know I didn't need to feel guilty and cry if I ate anything because I'd be on a VLCD anyway.

I started the diet on Thursday the 27th of June. I did a prep week the week before where I tried to make dinner just for my 3 year old, and trying not to eat as i prepare the meal and also drinking between 2-3 litres of water a day. I started the prep week weighing 15 stone. And when I got weighed when I first met my consultant I weighed 14 stone 10...so I lost 4 lb without really trying.

Day 1 went really well, i didn't get hungry and I drqank 3 litres of water but i wasn't going to the toilet (no 1) which I thought was wierd because i was drinking loads....by Saturday morning I was starting to feel like I had a bug. I had to do an unexpected house move and spent 5 hours running up and down a 3 storey house, all whilst looking after my 3 year old and didn't get a chance to eat my lunch shake untill 2.45 (I had my breakfast shake at 6am). By 4 oclock I felt so ill i had my dinner shake. By 8 was over the toilet being sick. I ate a bowl of cereal because i thought I may have overdone it a bit and could probably needed something.

I woke this morning feeling slightly better but I am worried that I have a bug. My stomach is really bloated and I feel like I've actually put on weight!! I don't have scales to check this :mad:

I am worried about my weigh in on thursday. I ate on only day 2!!!!! It isn't hunger making me want to eat...I feel soooooooooooooooo ill!!!! Do you think I have a bug or is it normal to get like this when on the Cambridge Diet?

I have drank 3 litres of water already today and I have only been to the toilet once......really confused! What shall I do? eat normally until the bug passes or stuck with it?

Sounds like you have a bug and you need to take it easy and look after yourself. Don't be drinking too much water...the recommended water intake is 2.5litres/4pints in addition to the water used to mix your drinks...drink more if you feel you need it if thirsty but don't over do it and water should be consumed throughout the day and not all at once.

Missing shakes is not good as your blood sugars will go crazy and this will cause you to crave carbs and treats...best to space your shakes out as in normal meal times. If you feel you must eat have a look in your CWP book and you will see a list of proteins and veggies that are allowed to eat on SSing plus and will not take you out of ketosis.

It can take time to get into the swing of a diet like this and we all have made mistakes in the first couple of weeks so don't beat yourself up and move forward.

I found myself that it took me three weeks to get my energy back up and some days I just felt washed out and I don't have a three year old to run after so please take it easy and not over do things.

Back