Just started on CD.....

Manachina

I just started on CD after Christmas day on December 26, I really need to lose a few kilos.
I've been on a diet my whole life, most of them never work, got really tired of it, but after meeting someone on CD decided to give it a try.
The first 3 days were difficult, now on my fourth day, I'm still a little hungry and hope soon will pass........

Hiya

You've done the hard bit which is deciding to do it and get through the first few days.

Now it is just a matter of waiting to be slim for a while!

Drink the water, eat the packs and get ready to buy smaller clothes and take a lot of compliments.

A great positive choice in your life and look forward to watching you shrink.

Mike

Just have to know you can do it and that is 99% of the battle done.

The diet works, it is impossible not to lose weigh if you do what the pink/blue book says, you just have to let yourself be slim and you will be!

Mike

Hi Manachina

Good luck with CD. I just wanted to say that I too have been on/off/on diets since about the age of 14, most of which I failed at after a couple of weeks/days/hours :eek: depending on my mood. However the main reason I think is because the weight just never came off fast enough for my impatient nature.

This is my first (and only time) on CD, and the diet is working (just as IceMoose says - you cannot not lose weight if you stick to it to the letter). The first few days (for me it way 5-10 days) were the hardest - just really getting to grips with it and getting used to not eating, and learning to deal with the foodie thoughts that crop into your mind. However the positives far outweigh all of that - the weight just literally melts away, and this has been the incentive that has kept me going - For once I KNOW that this is a diet that I will succeed at.

The trick is to keep yourself busy - I usually do that by visiting MiniMins and reading the threads. The 'Inspiration Slide Show' - (you can find a link at the top of the page) is just wonderful, and does what it says on the tin. I also keep a manual diary (some keep one online) just to note my thoughts and feelings - I find this an invaluable tool to refer to if I'm feeling a bit low. It reminds me of how far I've come, and also a place that I never want to revisit.

Its also a good time to explore why you eat/what your triggers are'and put plans in place for how you intend to maintain your target weight while food is out of the equation.

I read on here some time ago that your first time on CD is 'the golden time' and that really struck a chord with me.

Wishing you every success with CD

HTH

Thanks Lil K for the incentive and support.
Today I'am really happy, I stepped on the scale and suprise! Lost some weight......Yuuuupi ...it is working......I am also proud of myself ,had to meet some friends at lunch time and was able to stick to my plan, had only water (which of course spoiled the fun for my everyone else, my friends all want me to stop and restart after New years eve...........but I'll stick to my plan..............)
I do fell much better today, not hungry and with more energy, hopefully I"ll not feel hungry tonight ( nigths are worst for me....... used to be snacking and watching TV), so got to find something esle to do. I did start a personal diary, which I guess will be writing on evenings now, to distract myself.
Will be in touch..............

Good luck, i found the first week pretty hard but it does get easier. Stick with it, your doing really well :)

Back