Just started Slim & Save

Thisisit!

Hello,

I've been messing about with Exante for ages. I've started it, lost very little weight, then, given up, only to restart again a couple of months later. :eek: So, unsurprisingly, I'm exactly where I started in the first place. If I'd actually stuck to it, no matter how slow the progress, I'd be at target by now.

Just started Slim & Save and intend to follow for the next 3 months, with the hope of getting 3 stone off for Christmas. Might be a bit ambitious, but I've got a lot to lose (5-6 stone) so really hoping it could be possible.

So far tried the Choc Truffa Bar and the Spicy Spaghetti......and think they are both really nice! Way, way better than I thought. Dunno if I've really lost the plot thinking items on a VLCD actually taste nice, but I actually think there's a chance I could do this, this time!

Think I need some sort of mantra or something to tell myself when I'm tempted to give up. I know some of you have done brilliantly well, what do you do to keep yourself on track?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yes you can do it. I also faffed with exante on and off for 2 years, losing some giving up, putting it back on......came back on here and read comments about S&S and I've been on it 7 weeks and lost over 2 stone. Because the food tastes good as long as I am in ketosis I haven't felt deprived :) not that I haven't had wobbles, I am still wary of big public gatherings where there is a lot of food available ( am steeling myself for a toddlers tea party I am due at in half an hour!)

you know the routine... Stick to the packs drink the water & don't cheat and the weight will fall off ;-)

Welcome to S&S, just keep taking it one day at a time, suddenly a month has by, then another & it just gets easier & easier - you can do it! x

"Yes you can do it. I also faffed with exante on and off for 2 years, losing some giving up, putting it back on......came back on here and read comments about S&S and I've been on it 7 weeks and lost over 2 stone. Because the food tastes good as long as I am in ketosis I haven't felt deprived :) not that I haven't had wobbles, I am still wary of big public gatherings where there is a lot of food available ( am steeling myself for a toddlers tea party I am due at in half an hour!)

you know the routine... Stick to the packs drink the water & don't cheat and the weight will fall off ;-)"

Wow. That's amazing. 2 stone in 7 weeks, how good is that! Good to know someone else has tried on Exante but is now having success on S&S. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping, because I like the food more (early days, I know) I won't be as tempted to want to 'treat' myself. That seems to be where I go wrong, doing well for a few days, but going, ah sod it, I deserve xyz. I tend to see food as a treat or reward, like doing something nice for myself, so hopefully I can learn to break this habit.

Good luck with the toddlers tea party. Look how well you have done already, you can get through it, for sure.

Yeah, I don't seem to be good at taking anything step by step, I am going to have to learn patience too whilst I'm at it! Thank you.

The tea party was fine. I ignored the cake avoided the quiche and had a few cocktail sausages black coffee and water.
i also reward myself with food but what I do is only do so with allowed stuff, or low carb stuff. This diet works when u stick to it. I think u have to commit to it though. With exante I just messed about, jumped on and off the scales lots and got disappointed when I'd not lost ( even when I'd cheated) this time I've not weighed myself and I'm just sticking to 1 bar, 1 shake, 1 meal pack some meat and veg. I tend to have my packs as late as possible. Usually start the day with black coffee and then have a meal lunchtime and then an evening meal. Good luck. If you promise to stick to the rules, there's no reason not to lose 2-3 stone by Christmas.

Angie I am going to switch to Slim and save when I have finished my Exante, it does taste a bit better although I dont think it fills u up as much, but WS is a bit better. I tend to eat later in the day and would like an evening meal along with when I am cooking for the family

Well done on getting through the party. Yeah, I stuck to Exante 100% initially, but my losses were really slow, and I think that was all the 'excuse' I needed thereafter...Starting afresh with Slim & Save though as I really gotta get the weight off. I don't think I'm going to weight myself, just go on clothes sizes. So, I reckon that will be around 2 dress sizes by Christmas, about a stone and a half a dress size for me, from memory. That's the plan anyway. Thank you.

The tea party was fine. I ignored the cake avoided the quiche and had a few cocktail sausages black coffee and water.
i also reward myself with food but what I do is only do so with allowed stuff, or low carb stuff. This diet works when u stick to it. I think u have to commit to it though. With exante I just messed about, jumped on and off the scales lots and got disappointed when I'd not lost ( even when I'd cheated) this time I've not weighed myself and I'm just sticking to 1 bar, 1 shake, 1 meal pack some meat and veg. I tend to have my packs as late as possible. Usually start the day with black coffee and then have a meal lunchtime and then an evening meal. Good luck. If you promise to stick to the rules, there's no reason not to lose 2-3 stone by Christmas.

Just tried the macaroni, hmm, don't think I will be ordering that one again. Compared to the spicy spaghetti it seemed extra small? Not to mention the macaroni was hard, like uncooked pasta, and I completely followed the instructions. Ah well, can't remember how many I ordered, but I'm sure I will survive!

Thisisit! said:
Just tried the macaroni, hmm, don't think I will be ordering that one again. Compared to the spicy spaghetti it seemed extra small? Not to mention the macaroni was hard, like uncooked pasta, and I completely followed the instructions. Ah well, can't remember how many I ordered, but I'm sure I will survive!

The mac and cheese is trial and error-if you put boiling water on it instead of cold, and leave it to stand for a bit before nuking it, then it softens the pasta and is really nice :) HTH

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Ah, thanks for that, will give that a try with the next one. Really liked the spicy spaghetti, so might just stick with that for future orders, but, will keep an open mind until I've tried the macaroni again. Cheers.

best of luck on your journey hun , slim and save is no where near as punishing as cambridge or exante but the losses are just the same its fab.
I think most of us have tried them all at some point eh lol
What I love about slim and save is that you can still go out with family and freinds for a pub meal as long as you order wisely so you dont feel so socialy excluded as when your on CD or exante.
When I feel like cheating I always remind myself how awful the first few days are getting into ketosis and how I dont want to endure that if I dont need too and also the first weeks weight is mostly water so if you give up before 2 weeks its pretty much been 2 weeks of punishment for nothing.
Take one day at a time cos even if your evenings been full of cravings the next mornings a new day they will be gone and you will be that little bit slimmer.
Do you drink enough water? that could be a reason why your losses werent so good on exante ya know cos you have to flush the ketones thru your system I believe.
Jo x

Thanks Jo, much appreciated. Let's hope this time round, eh! You're doing great though, brilliant stuff.

Yeah, absolutely, feels less restrictive. I'll try and keep that firmly in my head and focus on just thinking about one day. I do find myself getting overwhelmed because I've got a lot to lose. And I tell myself things like, ah, if only I only had just a couple of stone to go, before remembering I'd have to follow the same process no matter how much I had to lose..whether it be for two months, six months or more!

I drink loads of water, litres of the stuff, always have. Actually, reading on Slim & Save guidelines, I thought 3 litres, is that all?! The only thing is I drink loads of fizzy drinks too...not so good. So, that probably cancels out the effect maybe? Gonna try and knock that on the head eventually, but one step at a time for now!

Cheers

hey you could be right ya know , there is some fizzy pop that can knock you out of ketosis...I know coke zero is def ok but diet coke isnt.
I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed , I started WW in january weighing just over 21 stone so like 10 stone off my target , i was losing a pound a week or so and I thought jeesh 3 years then to get to my target....so depressing lol.
I started CD first in may (10lbs lighter than january;p) I had tried exante before too but thought the products were all foul ...I dont like milkshakes even from McD's so I dont think it was ever for me....after 5 weeks I got so I couldnt face another CD product so came straight over to slim and save and havent looked back since.
I had never heard of slim and save till I came on here...but omg I wish I had known about it years back.....I went on a months holiday mid august and I had hit the 15's and was actualy (just) closer to my target than my start weight it was mind blowing.
Iv been back on plan just over a week now and the holiday bulges are deflating once again and I feel fab , its just priceless feeling in control of my weight after so many years thinking Im fat and thats just how it is.
The weeks realy do just go by so fast and you will find yourself actualy looking forward to weigh days and the support on here is so much better than any slimming club Iv ever joined as well
Jo x

Yeah, I do like my fizzy drinks, gonna have to go I reckon, but won't try and change too many of my bad habits all in one go! That's it, like a pound or two a week, is so offputting, so the idea of bigger loses really helps make it seem more possible (although I still struggle getting my head around it).

I was on the soups with Exante, and I could force them down, but I think not liking them was just the excuse I was looking for to 'treat' myself, not that I actually need an excuse, mind! I only heard of Slim & Save through the forum too. If I can do anywhere near as well as you I'll be delighted! You must be thrilled. And having something you know you can go back to, that works, after holidays and things too is ideal. I would love to feel, even slightly, in control. Hoping I will get a bit of your mindset. That's exactly where I've been at, thinking I am fat and it's a forever thing, here's hoping that will start to change soon!

Cheers again x

Back