Green Days Just started - Veggie

Suzanne1984

Hi guys I have just started Slimming World on Wednesday night and im looking for any help regarding vegetarian receipes. I have been scanning different receipes and was wondering if anyone has any great free or low syn values for the green diet. Any help would be much appreciated.
Suzanne

hi - i'm veggie too. i just try and adapt foods that i love into SW friendly versions. i keep a diary with what i eat included (see link at bottom) but don't put recipes down, unless someone asks me.

one thing i will say is Cauldron Lincolnshire Sausages are LOADS better than Quorn......they're 0.5 syns per sausage and go great with a cooked breakfast.

Hiya! Welcome, fellow veggie here! The slimming world site is full of good veggie recipes. There is a subforum on recipes as well you should check out. But TBH most veggie recipes can be made slimming world friendly! Substitute frylight for olive oil, fat free dairy instead of full fat. If you like quorn, mince etc is often free. The only issue can be cheese (I'm kind of lucky, I really hate most cheese. It tastes like feet!). On green you get 2 HEA, so you can use that for cheese. Also on green, HEB can be used for cheese, so if you need it you can have a cheese fest! VegWeb.com - Vegan Recipes and Cooking Tips is an amazing website for veggie recipes, really easy to search. I discovered rhubarb curry from this (sounds weird but tastes stupendous!)

Oh PS, watch out for those fat free yogurts. Muller contain beef gelatine and many of the pinky yogurts in other ranges have a blood food colourant in. I was really upset about chocolate mousse. ALL diet ones have gelatine! Gu chocolate mousse is divine and veggie but about 1000,000,000 syns! Rats!

Thanks for you help guys, im determind to stick to it so i think im going to take a look at some receipes and get cooking :)
My downside is i love pizza so need to get searching for some healthier ones :)

I've added a few green recipes to the recipe section, if you search that section for threads started by "themissus" there's a few for homemade soups, spanish omelette, a quorn curry and a quorn hotpot...the hotpot is my fave.

Oh PS, watch out for those fat free yogurts. Muller contain beef gelatine and many of the pinky yogurts in other ranges have a blood food colourant in. I was really upset about chocolate mousse. ALL diet ones have gelatine! Gu chocolate mousse is divine and veggie but about 1000,000,000 syns! Rats!

Hiya Suzanne :wavey:

Watch out for those Options chocolate drinks too. Well dodgy.

Hello!

I'm a fellow veggie too, I love making a tomato sauce and then adding mushrooms, chickpeas, peppers, beans, anything you want! Even quorn. I usually chop some onion or leek, use some fry light to fry them, add chopped tomatoes, herbs and spices and lots of garlic! Then I have these on 2 slices of wholemeal toast with salad, or with potatoes, or I use it as a pasta sauce. Very yummy x

Veggie here too. :) I just browse all the recipes on the slimming world website they have nice vegeterain recipes on there and if theres a non vegetarian recipe i like the look of ill cook it and replace the meat with quorn.

Hi ya.
Another fellow veggie here ( although less strict, i eat fish and will eat Mullers and gelatine, just not actual lumps of meat.) I too adapt all veggie recipes to SW friendly and also like Aimee if i like the sound of a mince or chicken recipe, ie the flavours then i use Quorn mince or fillets.
My recipe thread is all veggie and has piccys too.

Its here *
and i am adding to it all the time

I'm pescie, and find SW good for vegetarians as green day recipes are usually veggie. The Green Day Recipes book in your meetings might be worth buying, they're all veggie I think.

Back