Just started Zumba!

amberelle

Getting there....slowly!
Just started doing Zumba on Wednesday and I can honestly say it really didn't feel like I was exercising! I love it, so much so that I have just got hold of some DVD's and I'm going to do it at home as well as once a week at a class (would go more but expensive). Another thing, I weighed myself this morning (Friday) and weirdly I've lost 3lbs!!!! Could that actually be from Zumba? I'm not complaining I have tried for so long to lose weight (I have no thyroid at all) and all of a sudden this happens soooooooo happy.

Just wondering how others have found zumba/has it helped to lose weight?

Another thing my butt and legs ache, but I don't care one bit very much worth it!!! :D:D:D

I love zumba! Unfortunately I haven't been to any classes in a long time (our instructor became really unreliable and I got fed up and stopped going) but I've got the dvd's and am planning to start doing them again soon as part of my diet and exercise plan :) I don't own a set of scales, because I like to monitor my weight by body shape instead, so I've no idea how my weight changed, but I did zumba twice a week for 3 or 4 months and I definitely noticed that I was more toned than before. It also gave me heaps of energy! I think another great thing is that it gave me a real buzz and that can be really valuable to keep yourself motivated and thinking positively. The only downside, as far as I can see, is as you mentioned the aches and pains but you only get them the first few times you zumba :D

I've lost 9 stone in 12 months by attending 3 Zumba classes a week! I mean I now do more than just Zumba classes as I'm training to be a gym instructor but personally I couldn't rate it higher!! It's effortless!!!!

I've lost 9 stone in 12 months by attending 3 Zumba classes a week! I mean I now do more than just Zumba classes as I'm training to be a gym instructor but personally I couldn't rate it higher!! It's effortless!!!!

How did you lose the weight from the eating part Hayrae? Congrats!

its about diet more than excercise im living proof of that i eat rubbish and excercise 7 times and week 50 mins of zumba as i need to practise new routines for class yet im heavier than a year ago. so you have been brilliant somewhere else please dont discredit the rest of your efforts

Back