Just starting and need help with shift work!

Hello everyone

ive just started slimming world as really need to get this weight off that has crept on over the last few years. I've joined online as I'm away on average 3-4 days a week out of the country. And here is where my problem lies! I'm cabin crew so can have very long days so want to ask a really stupid question, I'm not quite sure what to sometimes class as a "day" what I mean is, when I'm away il have the day somewhere so need to eat, but then do the flight home so I'm still awake over that night too if that makes sense!? I'm wondering if maybe to do it say midnight to midnight? Also any advice about foods to take away with me (I'm veggie).

Thanks so much for any help xx

Hello everyone

ive just started slimming world as really need to get this weight off that has crept on over the last few years. I've joined online as I'm away on average 3-4 days a week out of the country. And here is where my problem lies! I'm cabin crew so can have very long days so want to ask a really stupid question, I'm not quite sure what to sometimes class as a "day" what I mean is, when I'm away il have the day somewhere so need to eat, but then do the flight home so I'm still awake over that night too if that makes sense!? I'm wondering if maybe to do it say midnight to midnight? Also any advice about foods to take away with me (I'm veggie).

Thanks so much for any help xx

Hiya there,
I used to do night shifts while on this plan in the past, and with only 1 break through the night (9pm - 7am) and sleeping during the day, my clock was all over the place! So i couldnt do the normal breakfast, lunch and tea at normal times, Do you have chance or allowed to sneak snacks on while working? like carrot sticks, celery sticks with a little bit of homemade syn free dip, to keep you going? But I made little meals throughout the day and night, so i wasnt sitting down to one big meal. little pack lunches might helps, especially with a little compartment at the bottom to hold a ice block, to keep yogurt and veg chilled and fresh.

Make soup with a little handful of paste thrown in. Make a big pan and Tupperware it, so you can take it in your pack lunch or a pasta salad, making big quantities and freeze them and fridge them, helped me through the night shifts.

I hope this helps :)

Sunshine

I also work shifts and have just started with SW, so I'll be watching this with interest. I've put on 1.5 stones since starting shift work and so far, what i have tried clearly hasn't worked!

Hello,

I don't know the set up of a job like cabin crew but I do shift work too. I have found things like homemade soup helps during a night shift as I would just eat sweets. I also save my hex b sometimes to have some toast. Savoury is better during the night especially for sustaining energy. Loads of fruit is also good.

I treat my days as starting when I wake regardless of the hour so when I have a mixed week of shifts, I'm all over the place. I dont think there is one right answer with this x

Thank you ladies. I know I think I just have to judge it at the time when to do my 'day' from. I am finding it alittle difficult on my trips, a typical pattern is fly out on day one and fly home evening of day 2 arriving into uk day 3. I can take stuff for the flight out although I'm finding I'm just eating one or two meals with snacks on these days. IT can just be hard whilst I'm away in making right choices from the options available. Hey ho will keep trying!

Back